It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whales War Start Again in Antarctica!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Whaling fleet off to Antarctica with beefed up security measures
TOKYO — Japan’s whaling fleet left port Tuesday for the country’s annual hunt in Antarctica, press pictures showed, with security measures beefed up amid simmering international protests.

Three ships, led by the 720-ton Yushin Maru, set sail from Shimonoseki in western Japan on a mission officially said to be for “scientific research,” according to local media reports.

www.japantoday.com...

The disturbing and feracious hunt at whales has begun. Again! The Japanese Government claim its for "research" but no scientific info on whales has been released by Japan!

This massive slaughter (whales and dolphins) must be stopped, once and for all!

Heroes Fight Video

Sometimes I think to the Tsunami that has hit the Japan and these insane attak to these living creatures....Karma!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

lets hope humanity finaly grows above it's barbaric past and ends this destruction of the Ocean's life.
other than having a corupt and dysfunctional society, Japan has no excuse for this abomination.

lets hope karma sends this fleet to the bottom where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
we need a species to hunt humanity...i think that would perhaps curb some of the barbaric practices that occur in this world.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The Japanese Government claim its for "research" but no scientific info on whales has been released by Japan!

Indeed? The linked article states they want to catch 900. If previous years have seen similar numbers caught and killed for "research", one would think there would be much data available.

Personally I think the only data they gather is if it "tastes nice". Lets hope those tiresome Sea Shepherd people can find them again and throw a spanner or two in the works.

reply to post by FonsoHarman

Its funny you should say that but there was a thread on here today or yesterday claiming "scientists" are about to resurrect the Woolly Mammoth. You may just get your wish...

edit on 6/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to previous poster

edit on 6/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA I had to go check.
Sea Shepherd are sending 3 ships. If I had money (I'm on welfare) I would donate. If anyone can miss a dollar or two, please help!
www.seashepherd.org...
edit on 6/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The Sea Shepherd that work tirelessly to stop those backward rednecks will be there. What research can be done on dead whales? While we are at it... animal testing should be stopped - period.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is well known that the whale meat ends up in restaurants, lunch boxes and even food stands. There is video, testimony, witnesses but no one seems to do anything about it.

Research? Lies. Watch the vid at 2:32. Celebrating the arrival of the Whale Meat.

Peace

edit on 6-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you for posting that video of what really happens to the whale meat over there. I cannot watch it though. I started to but it is too upsetting. Hope those boats sink.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's absolutely disgusting.
However, it's a global problem and not just Japanese.
Take a look at the PETA documentary " Meet your Meat ".
Honestly, look at this! It's not any different.
Most people are aware of this, but somehow choose to block it out when they buy meat.
Act responsible if you really want a change.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Excellent video. You can see the younger generation are starting to think about things. This is good. Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Once I was in a chatroom and a man from Japan was talking to me about eating whale and asked if anyone had tried it. Of course everyone was like "Are you crazy? That's illegal here in the states" and he asks us why??

I told him its because it's an endangered species and he didn't seem to understand the gravity of what an endangered species meant. The way he explained it he thought it just meant they were being hunted... it was pretty unsettling. I had to tell him that endangered meant it is in danger of going extinct and if they continued hunting there may be no whales left at all in the world, and I could tell he was genuinely surprised by that.. I'm not sure what they tell people down there or if that guy was just the village idiot but.. just ugh.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

I disagree and here is why. The Cove is a documentary about how the Japanese slaughter huge numbers of Dolphins in a secret cove for food (very high mercury content!). One of the main "defenders" and activists is a man who trained the original Flipper from that old TV show who ended up seeing the light about Dolphins in captivity. He turned 180 degrees around, quit his job and ended up becoming an peaceful activist.

www.imdb.com...
I encourage all doubters to watch this shocking but real and recent documentary.
Dolphins, like humans, are one of the few animals on this planet that have sex just for pleasure instead of pure procreation, have a complex language, and are highly, highly intelligent.

And then there is this

edit on 7/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added more comments

edit on 7/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

edit on 7/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Slight addition

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

He might truly not know. I am partly Japanese and I spent some time there in my youth. They get the sheeple treatment in their education and media, too. I think it's worse than anything we have here because their pop culture is really the center of their attention. I don't even know how to explain it. It's like we make fun of us here in the west for dropping everything to pay attention to Pop Idol or American Idol or X Factor. Well when I was over there, the thrall to the tv just seemed more intense. They work so hard, six days a week, and my cousins were in regular school also six days a week, then on their time off also had to go to soroban (abacus) school. So to decompress they'd be really intense with some of the goofiest tv I've ever seen. Lots of game shows, music contests...it was just overload and the tvs were so ...everywhere. I just remember we were all packed in like sardines in these houses that were so squished together that when your own tv was off, you could hear the neighbor's tv. I would take off on long walks to try and find a break from it all, despite being young and of an age I usually had a Walkman blaring in my ear anyway. Oh and manga (comics) how could I forget that? Everybody at all ages except elders like my great aunt were fanatic about manga. My cousin always had her nose buried in manga so we hardly hung out.

I remember everything being so happy happy cutesy in their media, with most of the really bad news being crime reports about America!

More recently when reading about Japanese atrocities against sea animals, I read how they feed fish that is high in mercury to their own children. Even the officials will do this and eat it themselves and swear up and down it's safe and nothing to worry about. I do think there are some aspects of their traditions that are so tied up in their cultural identity that they lie to their own people and actually just deny to themselves all the wrong involved so they can continue it. Yes, it is arrogant, short sighted, and stubborn, but these are traits we have already seen in the TEPCO disaster. I have asked my mom about it, but she is mixed heritage herself and was not raised completely in the Japanese culture, so she is at a loss to understand and explain it fully, too. I think even Japanese who are more city oriented and not from one of the fishing communities might not understand it either.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You might want to read this thread here to see who is funding this.

Japan uses $28.5m in disaster funds for whaling.

top topics

join