It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero dog reverses deed of human psychopath

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

So you think that those who are predisposed to no sympathy and irrational (irrational I said) hatreds, (for starters) should have nice long lives and reproduce themselves? I don't.
But we will agree to disagree. You will not convert me, and I will not convert you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by FEDec

So you think that those who are predisposed to no sympathy and irrational (irrational I said) hatreds, (for starters) should have nice long lives and reproduce themselves? I don't.
But we will agree to disagree. You will not convert me, and I will not convert you.

I just think that no one should rationalize wishing for death or committing murder no matter what the circumstances. It's evil no matter what.

Also you seem to display little sympathy and a bounty of irrational hatred yourself. By your own reasoning shouldn't you be killed as well?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Where I am coming from, is when one seeks the eradication of the flesh eating bacteria, but the encouragement of probiotic bacteria.

But I know that you are trolling here, and deliberately trying to disinfo twist what I mean. I have stated what I mean, I am done with this, I will not debate with you.

Plus, I have no powerfull influence, I am not a microbiologist, so why do you need to work hard to make sure that my view is conquered until yours is seen as the right one here?

Byby.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

The reason given by them for not liking to downright hating cats is that they can't control cats or that cats are aloof. They all like dogs though. I am baffled by their opinion because of the many cats I've known including rescued strays off the street, I've never known one that wasn't affectionate and loyal. Except a few can be skittish if they were abused. A few are also born kind of hyper nervous with anti social tendencies (not the same as being aloof) but the same thing can happen with dogs and even people. I see no reason to vilify any species based on the actions of a few or even of many. I prefer to take life in small bits and appraise everyone as individuals. It's easier on my nerves that way and I'm a happy person for it. The people I know who say they don't like cats are otherwise very nice people and don't actively harm cats. I would cease to associate with anyone who would be so cruel as to harm a cat just because they don't like them. They just don't keep any as pets. But when my cats passed away they sent sympathy cards. I don't like that some people can't stand cats, but as long as they don't actively harm any, I don't judge. I'm phobic about spiders and that is something I must work on. Spiders are largely beneficial and don't deserve my irrational prejudice. But it's an uphill battle so far. My rational minds tells me one thing but I see those eight legs and I scream bloody murder.
but I have made progress and take them outside carefully in a small net or cup when I find them in the house. Forty-five years on this planet has taught me to respect life.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I appreciate your sentiments, but I have come to view that all life is not precious, not respectable. I was not so articulate before, in stating the extent of what I mean.
My siblings have an old childhood friend, (we are all late 1950's babies) and he was living with his ageing mom and dad who were imigrants from the Phillipines, hardworkers, of high morals, good gentle people, who doted over their modest tidy home. The neighborhood was always mostly safe, but there was 'flight' going on, relative to the increasing unlivability (rising crime) of this town, which today, you don't want to deliberately move there. One day, (in the middle of the day) a thug invaded their house, and beat and beat the terrified seniors until they were dead, then he beat and beat the son, who he left for dead, and all this was for no reason. The son rose up and stumbled outside on the front sidewalk and collapse in a pool of blood. The inside looked like a bloodbath massacre. It was a big local news story for a short while.
The piece of life who did that to them, is NOT worthy of life. What would you do, if you owned a loaded shotgun, and some thugs were on their way in to do that to your loved ones? Do you believe in self defense? Do you believe in the death penalty? Do you believe in soldiers shooting at enemies who are a -genuine- threat? I believe in all those things.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: edit

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I appreciate your sentiments, but I have come to view that all life is not precious, not respectable. I was not so articulate before, in stating the extent of what I mean.
My siblings have an old childhood friend, (we are all late 1950's babies) and he was living with his ageing mom and dad who were imigrants from the Phillipines, hardworkers, of high morals, good gentle people, who doted over their modest tidy home. The neighborhood was always mostly safe, but there was 'flight' going on, relative to the increasing unlivability (rising crime) of this town, which today, you don't want to deliberately move there. One day, (in the middle of the day) a thug invaded their house, and beat and beat the terrified seniors until they were dead, then he beat and beat the son, who he left for dead, and all this was for no reason. The son rose up and stumbled outside on the front sidewalk and collapse in a pool of blood. The inside looked like a bloodbath massacre. It was a big local news story for a short while.
The piece of life who did that to them, is NOT worthy of life. What would you do, if you owned a loaded shotgun, and some thugs were on their way in to do that to your loved ones? Do you believe in self defense? Do you believe in the death penalty? Do you believe in soldiers shooting at enemies who are a -genuine- threat? I believe in all those things.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Saucerwench because: edit

I didn't say I don't believe in self defense or even fighting. I just said it is never RIGHT to kill someone. Rationalizing it any other way is just kidding yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I would have a hard time answering you without dragging in my Christian beliefs. That is way beyond the scope of Fragile Earth and it will drag us off topic, so with that disclaimer I apologize in advance for what I'm about to write. I hate that people do vile things. I do believe in the death penalty for certain crimes in order to protect society, as a strictly practical and pragmatic matter, not just as punishment or as any sort of deterrent. In other words i think it is just smart to put some people down like we do with dangerous animals. I think it is just begging for trouble to risk letting certain kind of criminals escape or be reeleased back into society. And I certainly believe in self defense. Mama didn't raise no fool!

Actually as far as real punishment goes I always pray that violent evil people will somehow come to know Jesus as their savior and repent of their sins. Not to escape punishment but to experience the only kind of punishment they and we as a society can benefit from. Because there is no heavier and more effective punishment than having one's conscience awakened to the full realization of one's worst transgressions, and the knowledge that even the worst has been paid for already by a God who loved us enough to experience our human frailty and die for our sins. It is a punishment that has merit because it truly transforms, and every heart that is transformed to a true understanding of one's own evil and desire to repent is a loss to Satan and a victory for God and those of us who abide in his light.

But, that doesn't mean I have to like it.
I usually have to allow myself a selfish moment of hate and resentment to work its way out of my system before I'm able to remind myself my personal history has ugly blots on it and I once needed people to pray for me, too. And there you have it, my answer isn't going to sit well with
very many people.
edit on 8-12-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: iPad woes

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh good I just realized this thread was moved from Fragile Earth. I'm glad, I feel less inappropriate about my recent post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join