It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the ET Issue Bottled Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have been animately researching UFO/ET stuff on the net for a good 6 months now. Some of the best information (IMO) that has been supplied has been via the Disclosure Project. I watched the 2 hour long press conference and was convinced by the end that the UFO/ET phenomenon is indeed real and EXTREMELY important.

Now the main focus of the Disclosure project is that ET technology offers a totally substitute energy source to fossil fuels.

So, with all of this in mind, as an educated individual, I can see NO logical reason for the UFO/ET issue to be full blown public. I mean only so many things can be kept secret, and with all of the evidence, why is the issue still bottled up????

I know this is probably a pretty useless post, but I think it's a topic worth discussing. I know all of us on ATS would love to here things in the mainstream media exposing the government coverups and what not, but personally I get discouraged and start 'not to believe' because the logic in my mind tells me that an issue this important, and life altering, should, and more importantly, can't remain under cover (IMO) unless in fact there is no UFO/ET conspiracy.....

In a nutshell, on this forum we have all seen TONNES of great UFO/ET evidence, why, if the evidence is in fact real, has there been no progress on the issue? The disclosure project seems to be the best attempt out there, and even with the media involvement of that project, no REAL progress has been made.

Some please give reasurance, and put my doubts to rest !

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i think the main reason why its all kept hush is because of religous beliefs, if you take away these peoples up bringings with the bible and whatever else. they are not going to be happy all there life or some of there life in other cases revolve around the whole adam and eve god concept. in theory you would be killing off there god

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I agree totally that the discovery of ET would destroy people's religious beliefs....or more so what people have been brought up to believe.

However, the same couple be said about the findings of such people as Galileo (the earth is not the center of the universe) etc....

I think in this day and age, as a human race we are beyond the witch executing days of before and are more excepting of scientifically proven facts. If just ONE picture of an alien were deemed true, and the world has concret evidence of such, then I believe that there would be general acceptance, following a period of disarray of course.

Personally I have a strong belief in a 'god' but equate the concept to a universal creator. I don't equate the idea of god to some man sitting on a thrown in heave, but more to some universal, underlying energy, or force if you will, that holds everything together. This topic is probably for another forum

Basically, I really don't believe that the religious ramifications are a good excuse for the issue to remain bottled up. My parents tell me of the Roswell incident in the news, and how it was suddenly'hushed' up. I just can't believe that out of all the governments in the world, the issue remains as closed as it is.

Anyone know of any signifigant updates with the disclosure project? I've visted the site and there seems to be no more than training sessions in the works, and no updates as to what congress' reaction was.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i personally cant wait for it to happen. but i think it will mean a big change and are the people ready for that?

then theres also the scare of are they here to help us or to lul us into fasle sense of security with them then take over when our back is turned.

another thing is how will the public react after finding out the government has been lying to them all these years (even if it was to protect them) all the trust (if theres any left) goes out the window. not a good thing from the governments side of things

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Even the best evidence we have isn't good evidence. 1,000 pictures of a strange light are just that, strange lights. That is not evidence of ET contact by a long shot.

The question you asked, "If it is in fact real", is the entire problem. There can be no progress in the issue if there is nothing to progress to.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I agree on the religion angle, I'm not saying there is necessarily a cover up of valid data, but if there was it would pose a serious threat to intitutionalized religion.

Religion is a great way to keep the flock in control, anything monumental that would challenge that would be kept secret or slowly revealed to control the public reaction that would follow.

I think Sagan was brilliant to bring up this angle in his book Contact, few authors have touched on that and its an extremely valid point.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

i think the main reason why its all kept hush is because of religous beliefs, if you take away these peoples up bringings with the bible and whatever else. they are not going to be happy all there life or some of there life in other cases revolve around the whole adam and eve god concept. in theory you would be killing off there god

How does that apply to secular countries where religion no longer plays any part in peoples daily lives? I think the grip religious superstitions have over people is somewhat overblown. The majority of Westerners aren't Christians and the majority of Christians aren't Westerners. If I turned on TV and saw full disclosure of contact reported on the News, I'd be extremely sceptical, as they are the same people that helped stir up the hysteria about weapons of mass distruction, and other stories of public conditioning. When it comes to alternative fuels, Humans have already come up with plenty of substitutes, without the need to be helped by the Alien rapist corn botherers.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Catholic church is ready. They publicly stated that ALL life in the universe is sacred and in accord with God's plan. They are a pretty uptight group at the upper levels, especially. So I personally don't buy the religion will be destroyed theory entirely. I am paranoid enough to believe that the "powers that be" believe they will lose control enough to lock it down. I've said it a thousand times before: The existence of EBEs will be denied until the day comes when they park ships over our cities and say "Hello Monkeys!"

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Maybe the reason the issue is kept under wraps is because of the nature of ET life and technology. Maybe we, as humans, did get a hold of some of this technology which originated not with human achievement, but with ET creation. If there is an assumption, or there is knowledge, that ET can provide humanity with advanced technology, a technology beyond what the human mind can conceive, then these ETs will obviously be much more talented than humans. And how are we to know if these advanced ETs are hostile or not? There is always that idea of the threat that this kind of life may be to humans. As of now, I believe 'those-in-the-know' have no idea what kind of threat these ETs can possibly be to humans. Think of intention with their weapons, if they possess some and also the biological implications of an ET presence on earth-disease etc. It is possible that this inability to discern the nature of ETs is holding back an official declaration of ET existence within our own planet's sphere.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, getting back to the orignal question posed, I think an interesting angle to take to the dilemma is pose the question "Is there a way to force disclosure or EBE existence"?

The disclosure project (which I keep bringing up) is on the right track in my opinion. Funding, unfortunately seems to be the main bottle neck in that operation.

I'd like to hear thoughts from people as to ways of forcing the government to disclose information if there information to disclose.

There are 1000's of website out there dedicated to offering detailed information on the ET topic. Like was mentioned earlier, it would take saucers being parked at the capitals to prove to people that ET's exist. I think an alternative to this would be whistle blowing from a highly respected goverment official of a respected country. So Bush, or Martin, or Blair, or Schroeder, or someone should get off their a$$ and whistle blow to CNN!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This Yahoo forum link will take you to evidence the ETs are sending signals they may be preparing to arrive.

We all can help by channeling, in dream states, meditations, etc. to alter our mindset and begin to connect with our Space Brothers & Sisters. Or, if you'd rather just sit back and watch...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Collin]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Personally, while I do believe that disclosure of such magnitute would make us question our place in the universe and force a re-examination of just about every religious belief we hold dear, I don't think that religion itself is the big factor holding back news of contact.

Rather, think of it like this...if, as some people believe, the powers that be have withheld this information, but suddenly lay everything out on the table, people would start to question why exactly it is that this information had been kept in the dark for so long. This in turn leads to a total distrust of government, not only from kooks like us, but from average Joe Schmo as well, and when a majority of people start distrusting the government, politicians and bureaucracies get thrown out like last week's rubish. The thing is though, that seeing as the goal of any intelligent politician is to be re-elected, someone in power, especially someone like the President of the US isn't going to be stupid enough to stick his or her ass in the fire and admit to anything are they? I mean, hasn't everybody at one time in their lives or another (especially as a kid) done something that you knew damn well you shouldn't have, but knew that if you came clean, the whole house of cards would come tumbling down and you'd be in a whole helluva lot more trouble?

Just my two yen

new topics

top topics

join