It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a piece of the rock

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Well hurry up!!!
The suspense is killing me!

And copperhead too I bet!!!

ON a side note, it's just my opinion but CharlyV and 1littlewolf and anyone else who offered to test should get special recognition from the mods....even if this just turns out to be burnt coal..lol. I'm sure it work...but I think you all get the point.

This is exactly what ATS is about. And it makes me feel way better about things like this I read about on here knowing we have such good members!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by charlyv

Well hurry up!!!
The suspense is killing me!

And copperhead too I bet!!!

ON a side note, it's just my opinion but CharlyV and 1littlewolf and anyone else who offered to test should get special recognition from the mods....even if this just turns out to be burnt coal..lol. I'm sure it work...but I think you all get the point.

This is exactly what ATS is about. And it makes me feel way better about things like this I read about on here knowing we have such good members!

Thanks for that. Science is my life , and I work in it. Using real science to solve problems produces results that have no debunk, other than those that refuse to believe the results or have come up with a revelation that destroys an old theory (but even then, the revelation must be supported by science) .. That is what science is all about.
edit on 16-12-2011 by charlyv because: for clarity

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12
Oh, charlyv, you are the best!!! Hope it is worth a quadrillion but if not just knowing what it is will make my Christmas brighter.
I have been wondering what it is for nearly 20 years, a week or two is no problem!!! Thank you and all your friends.

Kudos to you as well. Your diligence in this quest is the way that things get discovered. Meteorite or not, the process produces information that is always valuable. Good Luck!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Just wanted to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Thank you for all the information you have given me. including how to send pictures.
We are still waiting for results of the rock and will let everyone know as soon as I hear anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just to leave a non-void tickler in the thread.
I expect the results of the analysis soon. It may happen this week , but due to the holidays , I cannot guarantee it.
As soon as the results are returned to me, I will first post to the OP, and then, with her and obvious permission make the data available to all.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas, and if you have not noticed it yet - Comet Lovejoy is wishing us the same, but unfortunately you have to be in the southern hemisphere to see it's glory in realtime.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Happy New Year everyone.
Still waiting for news from charlyv. Who knew there was so much time between Christmas and New Year? Just getting anxious for a reply. I never did wait very well. I will shut up and let them do their job .
Again stay well everyone!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12
These pics are husbands attempt to "slice" the rock. First one is with the sawsall with metal hacksaw blade. Did make a small scratch. Next with grinding wheel made progress but no slice. Finally shiny after buffing wheel. and Last is the nick made in the rock with all three tools.
I know the gloves are ugly and the pics may be shakey but it is COLD out there.
Nothing much happened but I promised pics and found that I can still load them.

i just wanted to say, what an interesting thread
...I loved how you followed up with great pics & your hubs cutting into 'the rock'..Nice guy your hubs...I also found some of your posts quite humorous..I mean that in a good way
I look forward to 'reading' your posts around the boards..Good work copperhead

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Thanks for your input! With so many smart and educated people I finally figured that about all I can be to add to the thread is "Comic Relief".

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just had to say, found this thread today and can't wait to see what the results are! How exciting for you copperhead.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaAnann

Thank you! I waffle between mostly silver, rare meteorite and melted beer cans. And I am getting antsy! Like I said before I don't wait well.
Okay, I take down the Christmas tree, Put the furniture back in place, wash the dishes and take the fudge off the front of the stove, eat the last piece of pumpkin pie and a couple candy canes, make the bed...... Naw, I will just chill in front of the boob tube with a Beam and pepsi. That should do it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just checking in to see if the results are back yet...Fingers crossed its sooner rather then later...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe toes and eyes. I know mine are crossed. I have checked messages so many times I think the mods are going to slap my hands.
I know there is a little bright orange box that says when we have a message but I still have to go check in case!
Thank you all for keeping this thing going.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Okay charlyv, do not disapear on me. I will give you time and space because you are great. but DO NOT DISAPEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Spell check came up on that word, again. But you know what I mean. Love you and the guys and gals at the meteorite place. Just git er done!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hope you guys all had a great Christmas and wishing you all a happy new year also, especially charlyv and copperhead. I too am anxiously waiting the results and I find it fantastic that a group of total unknowns can come together and solve a real problem like this.

I guess at this time of year you can expect a few delays though.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This thread is fascinating. I have watched some of the Meteorite Men episodes and seems like they would def be interested in as much quantity as you have, if indeed it would turn out to be meteorite. Even if silver ore, maybe would sell for a nice bit of cash. I wish you luck, and keep us informed. Would be nice to hear that an ATS member has something really valuable.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jb1958

Still have heard nothing from charlyv. I think I may have to wait until tuesday or wednesday. But still hoping.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Still nothing???!!! I've been checking back several times every day. Haha.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Still no word!!! Hope charlyv didn't disappear like all the rest. I will be screaming as soon as I hear a work from him.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Still no word!!! Hope charlyv didn't disappear like all the rest. I will be screaming as soon as I hear a word from him.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

Okay, heard from charlyv! He is still with us and has not disappeared! We just need patience. ( If I had patience I would be a doctor!!!! )

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join