It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a piece of the rock

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Good Grief charlyv. I just had a thought!! Those pieces I sent you had been soaked in vinegar to see if they tarnished like silver. Would that make a difference in the test outcomes?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You asked for it...you got it....Pygmy Goats...all full grown.

Furry Beer Barrel Goats

Thistle...his horns got cut off out of the photo...

Gracie and Thistle grazing...

Happy Goats heading back from pond...

Bear my Great Pyrenees puppy 71/2 months old 90 lbs guarding his goats

edit on 18-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hi Des, Yeah the do resemble beer barrels but they look so content and loved. Love the dog too. My cant spell it--------mexican dog is on my lap and seems to like the pictures. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

My son had a few goats for awhile. The big ones. I bent over to pick up trash and he hit me where I sit me. Then ran away and I swear I heard him laughing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12
reply to post by charlyv

Good Grief charlyv. I just had a thought!! Those pieces I sent you had been soaked in vinegar to see if they tarnished like silver. Would that make a difference in the test outcomes?

Well, one lab could deduce that aliens like Caesar Salad.....

I don't think that would make a difference, they would be analyzed chemically and the important stuff would still be there. I still have that larger piece you sent with the smaller chips. It will be cut open and sent to the new lab. I will tell them about the vinegar, which I am sure will not matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Just one late thought I had. And wow,charlyv, we struck caesar salad and pewter. All kidding aside, charlyv, I really do thank you for all your help and for hanging in here with us. You are great.
Des sent the furry beer barrels and when we find out what to call this rock we will have a party!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

Finally got the avatar up that I wanted and the weird little dude is back in the box! All those rocks guard those flowers and they outdo themselves every year. This is from last summer, now they have all went to sleep.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Wow, prettied up my avatar and have the furry beer barrels and everything and no one comes around to see. Oh well I have faith in little wolf and charly. They said it would take awhile.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah i like your new picture of those flowers they are pretty. i guess everyone left this thread after finding out about the rock.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm still monitoring the topic too to see what happens. Just an FYI. Very interested to know what happens/is discovered. Just couldn't think of anything to say that would contribute to that process or the discussion beyond what I already did lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TropicKandie

Well we are still waiting for word on what the rock is all about. I think charlyv sent it off somewhere to be tested. He said it may take awhile. Hope it isn't too long.
Thanks, I do enjoy my flower bed. They looked great this year. Have a barn cat that loves to sleep in the flowers but they don't seem to mind just stand up and stretch after the cat leaves. Didn't get a picture of him or the black rocks around the flowers. Maybe next summer.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Thanks for checking in. We seem to talk about everything around here. Goats, dogs, flowers cats and rocks. Anything you have to offer is welcome. I am glad to see that people are still interested. I was feeling all alone

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Awww...Copper...don't feel alone. Stuck in waiting is sometimes a lonely place. We are all still here waiting with you, just skipping around ATS checking out all the other little gems sprinkled here and there. Plus, I like to come back here and sprinkle stars on everyone's posts.

Have a Great Day Copper!

Des, keeper of furry beer barrels...

edit on 27-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I took another look at your photos, you say there are tons of these rocks and they were all within a hidden pile?
They might be debris of a high velocity impact from an ancient UFO

The craft could have been traveling at 5000 ft per second then liquified when it hit the planet as it jumped out of hyperspace and as the impact spray from the debris cooled, formed these strange rocks that had absorbed up other earth materials as the dust settled

This should make them priceless

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

WOW!!! That should make them worth more than any old rock that a Martian threw at us!!!! Glad I wasn't around when that ancient thing crashed!! I do believe that story but I still think it is crushed Coors beer cans that were thrown in the barbeque when empty.
I don't want to believe the iron oxide thing and charlyv didn't believe it either. Hope we find out soon, the furry beer barrels are getting antsy.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There are some cliffs I've seen where layers of magma have hardened between sediment layers. It could be that it was once a pocket of stone that was carried through magma, broken down over time and coated. It's possible that all the different minerals ended up together over years of erosion and lava flow.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUndertaker

Thanks for the info. I will check into that. Havent heard from the lab so at this point it could be just about anything. You did give me a start when I noticed that the undertaker had sent me a note!!! I can't go today, have too many things to do and I am just not ready.LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, charlyv says they are still working on it so all is not lost. I promised to sit still and shut up so they can do their work. I will let them do their work and say no more. But excuse me, a little voice in my head says"Git er Done!"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just trying to keep this thread alive. No news about this stinkin' rock. Mom always said,"No news in good news" Well, I will have to wait and see about that.
Everytime the ribbon shows a message, I think charlyv! Nope ATS update. Oh well.
Stay safe everyone.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Greetings:

Western Colorado - actually, Montrose, is where I was raised and went to high school.

The 3-room building (no restrooms) that housed Riverside grades 1-8 (80-90 students, depending on the year) is now Ernie Holcomb's chicken house and a gleaming 3-room building (with restrooms) is in it's place.

Des is a friend (we're in N. Georgia, also) and we, too, are interested in the rock.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join