It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a piece of the rock

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Ghost375

What the hell are you talking about....

well I'm a lil drunk, so excuse me if my words are a little rambling.

But it looks like arsenic to me. I hope I'm wrong, but the hardness and specific grav. fit, as well as the pictures and other descriptions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Its not arsenic, the structure is completely wrong. Thanks for pointing it out though, I had no idea what arenic looked like!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I sent an email with the pics attached to a geology professor at Montana State University...wonder what he'll think about it. I'll let you know if he emails me back.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

Guess I left before the fun began!!! Arsenic???? No not two tons just one rock . Hope Ghost got to bed okay

Anyway, Thanks for sending it off.Let me know what it is. I just thought it was a brain coral fossil. And no one disappears with this one.(Except Ghost)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Mornin',Ghost. Sorry I wasn't around to answer you last night. We are still waiting for an answer on the black rock. Just brought out another rock I had laying around for JJRichey to look at while we are waiting.
No one actually disappears with the other rock. Just haven't been able to contact them again. Never killed anyone with any of them.
Thanks for standing by Des and JJ. Grandson had a sore throat so doctored him up then I too had a wee nip of the sauce and went to bed early.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

I googled arsenic and nope that isn't anything I have around here.
Glad I hadn't mentioned the petrified wing nut or the petrified water that my kids gave me!! Things would have really gotten alot darker then

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I honestly haven't been paying that close of attention to the goings on in this thread for the last 2 days,,,,basically looking for charleyv to post...

But...I'm pretty sure that what you have more recently posted is indeed coprolite. Or dino dung.

I actually just found a site where you can go and buy some if you were so inclined. There are multiple samples..None that are exactly like what you have shown but I guess it would depend on the type of animal..and what they had eaten. Also....I did find a pic but can't find it again..sorry...Ritalin hasn't kicked in good yet today that was sort of similar to what you have, but was actually from still inside like a fossilized crocodile or something like that.

The site that was selling the samples to collectors....rofl...was here. I like how it gives the price as $27.95 and then says firm....I hope it means the price and isn't referring to the actual coprolite itself!...Alhough it should be firm too...rofl.

OK...off to do other things for now. I'll start paying closer attention again!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

charlyv is back with the results of the rock. Not what I wanted to hear but at least now we know.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

well what are they?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Would be great to hear what they are copperhead after 1 1/2 months

If you could maybe copy and paste any write up the lab may have sent that would be great as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by copperhead12

charlyv is back with the results of the rock. Not what I wanted to hear but at least now we know.

AAAHhhhhhhhh.....don't do this to us!!!!
What are they??!?!

Doesn't sound like it's extraterrestrial titanium or some other rare element by the sound of your post though I'm guessing.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I was waiting for charlyv to put the letter up but it seems to be iron oxide. I am not convinced ( maybe because I dont want it to be iron).
Littlewolf if you want a piece you may have it now.
If you come up with the same thing I will then believe!!!
I will try to put the letter up here but you know me and uploading.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Ugh....so basically..you have rust!!
That is sort of a let down after 11 pages of buildup!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
[more]
Okay, that is the link hope it works!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
By the way, little wolf, wouldn't Iron oxide be magnetic? and it isn't the color of rust. and the school of mines said high silver content. Straighten me out here!!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Looked at the copralite. Yuk! And it is used for healing? I am glad I am not sick.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hi Folks,
Well, the news about the suspected meteorite is not good. The lab says it is Iron Oxide, a non-magnetic variety, which I found hard to understand. Here is the report:

Now, part of this was to also get a spectroscopic sheet to tell all of the elements in it. I have asked for that , since it was not in the inital letter they sent back. I will publish it as soon as they email it to me.

So, preliminary, they say it is not meteoritic material. Sad, but it is information. I just wish the news was better.

edit on 13-1-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

charlyv, I am disapointed that I am not a gazillion dollars richer. But you had it checked. I have a hard time believing the iron oxide part. Because of the report from the school of mines. Let me know when you get that report.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

OK, how does it fracture? along what lines? A good picture would be nice.

can you determine what type of rock it is?

Igneous
sedemintary
metamorphic

then we need to know what the fracture is

that along with the hardness we can narrow it down.

I had mineralology at Radford University in radford VA .... toughest class I have ever had 3/3 class/lab and 6 credits

here is a link I found about rocks

geology link

and this guy might be able to help you ....

one of the neatest things discovered was how they used polarized light to determine the mineral content of rocks

edit on 13-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling/context

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join