It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jerry Freeman REALLY infiltrate Area 51 by foot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I remember reading this topic several years ago, and it was hard for me to believe at the time that he could have done it. For those of you not familiar with the story, here is a brief storyline. Freeman is best known for his research of the Lost '49ers expedition of 1849-50, and the several expeditions Freeman embarked on to retrace the trail taken by the ill-fated travelers. This trail led Jerry into the boundries of Area 51, better known as Dreamland. Here is a detailed account of his journey.

Jerry Freeman's walk into Area 51

My question is, how many of you believe this actually happend? I am inclined to believe that he actually made it in, as he wasn't looking for UFO's or any government cover up, he was there doing research of the lost 49'ers trails. What are you thoughts on this.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Interesting, never heard of this before.

I will have to finish reading this but this caught my eye

a large ship stranded in the desert

How does a ship become stranded in a desert

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I believe that actually meant a ship, as in sailing ship. Those canyons back in the day actually had water, so it isn't hard to imagine ships or old boats being there. To my knowledge Jerry never mentioned seeing anything "other worldly" while he was in the bounderies of Area 51.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Just in fun...
Maybe it's the ship from the Philadelphia Experiment?

I was also thinking about the "ship graveyards" you sometimes find in remote areas with satellite imagery?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The covered wagons were called Prairie Schooners...this might be what they were referring to with the ship reference.

If you have ever been out in the desert in the SouthWest you really begin to have an appreciation for what the pioneers were subjected to and experienced.

I also give Jerry Freeman credit for enduring this at 55 years old.

Beautiful country but deadly...rattlers and mountain lions....I attempted to mountain bike in Northern New Mexico and I have never been so thirsty in my life.

You are essentially evaporating.

The dry atmosphere pulls moisture out of your skin and your body and combined with the strong sun I can see why they called it Death Valley.

I believe that Jerry might have been able to cross into the area-51 base territory....it's a very large area and he might have just located a hole in the security. Especially since he wasn't entering from any known roads and traversing an area populated by rabbits and rattlers. They probably disregard the motion detectors anyway.

Most of the important and secret stuff is well underground anyway....to avoid detection by satellites.

Neat story though....It's great that he is pursuing this lost American History.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Sadly Jerry died in 2001 so he is obviously not pursuing this anymore.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EngineerGuY

I believe that actually meant a ship, as in sailing ship. Those canyons back in the day actually had water, so it isn't hard to imagine ships or old boats being there. To my knowledge Jerry never mentioned seeing anything "other worldly" while he was in the bounderies of Area 51.

That is actually pretty cool then....

thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Just in fun...
Maybe it's the ship from the Philadelphia Experiment?

I was also thinking about the "ship graveyards" you sometimes find in remote areas with satellite imagery?

LOL that is funny cause oddly enough that is what popped into my head

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it is more likely than not that Freeman did the trip. Range security isn't all that great at the periphery of the range, especially at the NTS. There has been talk of installing ground surveillance radar on the NTS. It wouldn't surprise me if the USAF was looking into the same gear. I believe the device I saw being tested at Base Camp was ground surveillance radar. But the technology isn't all that great. From what I have read, they use the radar to determine where to point a camera for visual inspection.

Detecting a person on foot over such a wide area can't be done cheaply, plus really there is no need to detect persons on the range unless they are near infrastructure, and that you can protect electronically. Think about it. If you walked 5 miles past the front gate of Groom Lake, you still wouldn't see the base.

I suppose the bombing ranges are an exception to the rule, but then again, a person on a bombing range could be a temporary problem. If they don't get bombed or shot, there is unexploded ordnance and toxic DU.

The NTS isn't all that radioactive, though I wouldn't have gone through plutonium valley There are spot on the range where the set off nukes but the crater never formed, but potentially the ground could collapse. But there are warning signs.

Most secure facilities have microwave beams, kind of like the beam of light you break when entering some stores. But they are close to the area to be protected. I've seen the gear at Edwards South Base.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Nice I have never heard of this story. It was a good read, and yes I believe he was in or "near" there. Seems very believable to me. SF!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Apologies I'm a bit late on this but that was a very interesting account, thanks for posting
I'd like to think he really made the trip against all the odds, there were so many points at which he could have been spotted. I haven't looked in great detail but I'm not familiar with any other tales of such infiltration into that general area. Guessing that now, 20-odd years later, it may be even more difficult to do so.

top topics

join