It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Hu urges navy to prepare for combat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Chinese President Hu Jintao urged the country's navy Tuesday to prepare for military combat and advance naval modernisation as part of efforts to safeguard world peace.

The navy should "accelerate its transformation and modernisation in a sturdy way, and make extended preparations for military combat in order to make greater contributions to safeguard national security and world peace," Hu said in a speech which comes amid US and regional concerns over China's naval ambitions.

news.yahoo.com...

O man, whats going on, WWIII is really going to happen?
This is getting out of hand. Somethings going to brake real soon. I hope we can get out of this mess
edit on 6-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Meh, im just tired of the waiting. As days go by, were watching the united states rise up like Germany in 1938, were seeing more international conflict and now we have the other super powers beefing up militarily.

Just cut ties already and end this silly planet.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Once the actions have been called there's no turning back.
Its not the citizens killing our planet its the dumbass world leaders killing our planet.
Seriously if things don't change soon the world will end by dec 21 2012 just by our maniacal. Ways...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What is this ? Let's upgrade our navy , and prepare for combat for PEACE .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

Or millions could rise up and overthrow DC
ill go with that one

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
its time to finally come to it. When and If it does happen it will be horrible for this planet. The global economy is in shambles, countries are calling out each other and flexing there armies. USA has supported countries big and small with supplies and money to help them. I think its time to stop the spread of money to other nations and for the US to back away from World Affairs. Let all see who it is without us.

If WW3 has to start lets get it over with, personally it might just be alot of talk. WHo is scared and who will strike first

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Russia and China are spewing war talk. Iran and Israel are Spewing war talk. The USA is there somewhere but where is the UK and France and the other players?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I for one can't wait for ww3 to start.

Think about it. New technologies will arise, societies useless will be either forced to work or be wiped out, and there will be and era of peace and prosperity after the war is over.

War actually brings about progress in society. There is only two things that allow human progress, outward expansion of territory, which we can no longer do, and war.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if it is worth the hassle. I'm reminded of a quote by Michel de Montaigne when he penned, "My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened."

I'm growing tired of waiting and worrying. My brain and life has been a clusterf/ck since I've taken an interest in these issues.

At times I wish these war-pigs would get it over with, so I can focus on living

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Does anyone know off hand the the time span between WWI AND WWII so are we overdue for the next 1

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Its called space expansion, something people in the 60's and 70's thought was the only logical conclusion. Here we are 40 years later with no further manned space exploration missions. We went to # right quick.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LookSkywatcher
Russia and China are spewing war talk. Iran and Israel are Spewing war talk. The USA is there somewhere but where is the UK and France and the other players?

My personal oppinion is that most of the european countries will stay out of it due to economic problems , maybe they will aid US and Israel with some troops and supplies but not too much .

Maybe UK will indeed play a major role in a future war

Of course if USA will lose the war , Europe will probably go in .
edit on 6-12-2011 by OrNaM3nT because: (no reason given)

And should I say that Europe can't enter in a direct war with Russia and China? If EU enters a direct war with China , both economies will collapse in a second .

If EU enters a direct war with Russia , no more oil and gas for most of the European countries , especially eastern european countries .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is just one more instance where the Ruling Elite are showing their fear and paranoia. All over the world they see the writing on the wall. People are rising-up, long-time dictators are being unseated, the banker-class is openly under-siege... This has got them truly worried. They all know that the only way they can hold onto their tenuous grips on power is to do something big. They're desperate to hold power and they will resort to desperate acts to keep it. Look what recently happened in Russia during the election. Vlad and his friends barely held onto their majpority. You think he'll go quietly? Nope. Just like here in the former USA the Ruling Elite is turning on the Populace and one another. It's going to ugly and it's going down really soon. I'm no expert but I will be truly shocked if the S doesn't HTF within the next 6mos. I think they've run out of road to kick the can down.

link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Does anyone know off hand the the time span between WWI AND WWII so are we overdue for the next 1

Austria-Hungary begins some firing against Serbia.

(History deems that the “start of WW1”, (i.e., 7-28-1914)

World War II, or the Second World War (often abbreviated as WWII or WW2), was a global conflict lasting from 1939 to 1945

link   

You would think the UK at least would be mumbling something about preparing for war because they and the US are so tight.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You would think the UK at least would be mumbling something about preparing for war because they and the US are so tight.

Yes , UK and Germany are the only countries from the European Union that can go to war far away from their homeland . But Germany will probably stay out of this one .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by alchemist2012

WW1 Started

June 28, 1914

WW2 Started

September 1, 1939. 20 years, 9 months and 21 days after the end of WWI.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hopefully being smart and being neutral though I very much doubt it to be honest, the US will drag us(UK) into something if things start to kick off that’s for sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

The time span between the World Wars was 20 years 10 months.

However WWI was called The Great War until WWII ended.

WWIII will happen, it's just a matter of timing. It looks like that time may well be on the horizon.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well that's just great... and China's next PM will be even more aggressive.

And Taiwan having elections in January with the ``nationalists`` having a good chance of winning... and Israel-US about to hit Iran... and the Pakistan-US relation hitting all times low...

Yeah if you thought 2011 was crazy, you ain't see nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join