It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Sleepers Awakening ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is portrayed at the very end of the 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora!, and in the 2001 film Pearl Harbor, as saying after his attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Although those words were actually never spoken but taken from this quote...
In The Reluctant Admiral, Hiroyuki Agawa, without a citation, does give a quotation from a reply by Admiral Yamamoto to Ogata Taketora on January 9, 1942, which is strikingly similar to the famous version: "A military man can scarcely pride himself on having 'smitten a sleeping enemy'; it is more a matter of shame, simply, for the one smitten. I would rather you made your appraisal after seeing what the enemy does, since it is certain that, angered and outraged, he will soon launch a determined counterattack."

The Sleeper Must Awaken

The Sleeper Has Awakened

Do you think we are reaching this point, it seems we might be on the brink, at least with people on the Net we are. And these are mostly younger people with intense passion that will try to convince there older family that have been brainwashed for decades by the old politics.

Of course I am referring to policies that are destroying America, and people have been sleeping or put to sleep on these issues.

Is the Ron Paul 2012 campaign awakening the sleepers?

edit on 6-12-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I think Ron Paul and most of the Occupy movement has done wonders for waking people up.

I only woke up fully to 911 after being challenged to support the official theory, i assume the same will happen with new events, many will wake up, others will attempt to justify their views and actually wake up in the process.

We'll see, OWS is planning on action at the Capitol so we'll truly see if people are waking up to the rigged system.

I think so.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Fed up young generation > Ron Paul Revolution > Tea Party > OWS = may not be perfect movements but doing their share in spreading the message.

There is an awakening, gone are the days where some of the topics discussed on ATS are only confined to online conspiracy sites. People are openly talking about the federal reserve, the unjust wars, blowback, government corruption and the establishment.

This is definitely a step in the right direct but the work has just begun. This war will take decades to win but freedom and the truth is on our side.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Agreed entirely with you. Just a few years ago when I tried to talk with people about corruption they looked at me like I was insane. Now my neighbors are approaching me talking about politics. But it isn't the old left/right discussion. For the most part almost everyone agrees both parties are working against the best interests of the people. There seems to be a general agreement that as people we need to put aside our political differences and focus on exposing corruption and fundamentally returning this country to one that spoke with honesty and moral restraint.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Oh yes the sleepers are awakening and what a glorious site it is.

The awakening started in my life in the early 60's when protesting the VietNam war.
We had a collective dream and it didn't die as I feared it would.Our flowers were crushed but the seeds were planted and have grown.

Hold fast to your hopes and dreams.
The best is yet to come.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yes, people are waking up. And the beautiful thing is, people are talking to one another like never before and helping each other wake up. I talked to a mechanic who came into my shop today. I don't even remember why but Obama came up. I said my usual...That POS!!...calmed down and talked to him about Ron Paul. He, like many, never heard of him. Well, I had him sold after 5 minutes and after another half hour of chit-chat, he said goodbye, thanks and said he'll be spreading the word too. He actually got in his car smiling! This is what it's all about. This is how we will beat them. This is a R3VOLUTION! We are all in this together and need to do our part. Even if it's just talking to people. It Works!

We Will Win!

new topics

top topics

join