It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could chose your savior...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
ok...this one is more aimed at americans but i guess it could go for any country/group of people that is oppressed or quickly becoming oppressed:

the US is always spreading democracy and paving the way for regime change in other countries, as they crack down on their own citizens. it's blatantly obvious that they are pushing for a total police state here in america. what if a country were to come in and save us US citizens? and if you could chose what country/countries came to your rescue, who would you chose and why?

i'm very interested to hear from you political and/or military buffs.

thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Canadians, because they have the best comedians
Not the Frenchmen of Canada though because they hate us...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Russia . They will just conquer USA and kill the elite like they did in WW2 with Poland . And there ya go , police state avoided .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

and if you could chose what country/countries came to your rescue, who would you chose and why?

The Canadian forces. Sure, I'm biased, but my wife works on the base, I have various friends in various branches / levels of the military, and the Canadian forces have a strong proud history of peace keeping and taking on tasks that seem mighty large compared to our size, yet completely the objectives with time for Tim Horton's Coffee

But, alas, King Harper is turning us into USA v2.0 (lite) so it's only an option for a few more years.

After my own country, I'd say Sweden. They stay out of conflicts they have no business being in, and in some cases ones they SHOULD be in.

Actually, scratch all of that. Any country that HASN'T trained with the IDF, that's who.

Because it's the IDF who trained the cops you are seeing beating down protestors, all thanks to 911. Yay

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Canadians, because they have the best comedians Not the Frenchmen of Canada though because they hate us...

Depends. New Brunswick is the only officially bi-lingual province, and let me tell you, it freaking BLOWS being English here. And these "acadien" french are for the most part, exactly what the stereotypical french person is for the Americans.

But those from Quebec, yes, separatist Quebec, the nation within a nation, are really great people. I've never met a jerk in Montreal. I've never met a jerk from Quebec in general.

I've met nothing but jerks in the french community here.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

Forgive me for butting in but I had to compliment you on your wonderful sense of humor.

You suggest having the Russians invade the US, so that the US can avoid becoming a police state.

Very good, my biggest laugh of the day so far. Stay with it, you've got a great future here.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I know who I wouldn't want, and that is anyone that calls me comrade or tells me the new law is the law of some religion.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

Forgive me for butting in but I had to compliment you on your wonderful sense of humor.

You suggest having the Russians invade the US, so that the US can avoid becoming a police state.

Very good, my biggest laugh of the day so far. Stay with it, you've got a great future here.

Forgive me for ruining this , but I was sarcastic , if you do not know the term use Google.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Im not sure anyone will save the US in tha fashion. You have collectevly planted enough seeds of hate across the world so that other people will unfortunalty probably not care if you get a taste of your own medicine. In one way it's Karma that you help dictators around the world stay in power and now you are creating your own hell. Im a white guy from Sweden and was always very Pro-America until I saw how corrupted you have become. The problem is that your corruption is spreading all over Europe and into Sweden also. It is not far off to soon be thinking of US as the new NaziGermany. Scary.

From my point of view US is the new Roman empire that is despretly trying to hold on to power. China and the russians are the barbarians from the outside. You have egotistical people in power on the inside that are trying to get as much for themselves from the empire before the empire crumbles under the economic strain. And they need matrial law to keep control. You will be a soverign country in the future but maybe in some ways you will be a colony and your corperations will move on to greener pastures if they can find it.

Above is a theory of sort and im not sure it's right but it kind of made sense when I wrote it. Lets hope for unity, openess, freedom, evolution and awakening of the sleeping masses. Namaste.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
ok...this one is more aimed at americans but i guess it could go for any country/group of people that is oppressed or quickly becoming oppressed:

the US is always spreading democracy and paving the way for regime change in other countries, as they crack down on their own citizens. it's blatantly obvious that they are pushing for a total police state here in america. what if a country were to come in and save us US citizens? and if you could chose what country/countries came to your rescue, who would you chose and why?

i'm very interested to hear from you political and/or military buffs.

thanks.

One more thing. Capitalism with representive politicians is not democracy and never will be. You are just removing one power pyramid for another where the corperations is on top. One master might be better than the other but the people is still not free. It's just that the US is better at selling their propaganda than the dictators. Good for them on the top, bad for the people (the slaves). Namaste.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

and if you could chose what country/countries came to your rescue, who would you chose and why?

The Canadian forces. Sure, I'm biased, but my wife works on the base, I have various friends in various branches / levels of the military, and the Canadian forces have a strong proud history of peace keeping and taking on tasks that seem mighty large compared to our size, yet completely the objectives with time for Tim Horton's Coffee

But, alas, King Harper is turning us into USA v2.0 (lite) so it's only an option for a few more years.

After my own country, I'd say Sweden. They stay out of conflicts they have no business being in, and in some cases ones they SHOULD be in.

Actually, scratch all of that. Any country that HASN'T trained with the IDF, that's who.

Because it's the IDF who trained the cops you are seeing beating down protestors, all thanks to 911. Yay

Forget Sweden (im from Sweden). Our politicians are trying to emulate US so ous helping the US is no help at all. When the US say fech we run after the stick and bring it back. In one way we are the "neutral" country that is like a secret member of Nato. We where really not neutral in the cold war as it is shown to the world. The only time we where a little neutral was in the 2nd world war. Helping the germans get their metal and letting german troops use our train when transporting troops between Germany and Norway after Norway fell. If Germany had won the war then Sweden would have joined them. There was a lot of Nazis in Sweden that was hoping for Germany to win. Sweden is always neutral outward but does what the winner wants us to. We cry out much for human rights but are bad at following them ourselves sometimes. We only need to not be responsible for the human rights violation so that the blood can't be traced back to our hands or can feign that we did not know. The Sweden you know is an Illusion. We are good at showing up a facade that is not really true and the politicians are masters at it. But the dirt is coming forward in the news just like it is all over the world. It is a crazy world we live in. Namaste

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

In one way it's Karma that you help dictators around the world stay in power and now you are creating your own hell.
I would have thought the opposite was true. Hussein, Gadahfi, Mubarak. Who are we keeping in? It seems like we're trying to throw out the semi-moderate, kind of American leaning, dictators.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by apushforenlightment

In one way it's Karma that you help dictators around the world stay in power and now you are creating your own hell.
I would have thought the opposite was true. Hussein, Gadahfi, Mubarak. Who are we keeping in? It seems like we're trying to throw out the semi-moderate, kind of American leaning, dictators.

Hussein (Oil and was there any weapons of mass destruction), Gadahfi (oil and you now helped fundamentalistic Islamites that before was your enemy in their fight), Mubarak (Can't remember anything else than talk from you over Egypt but since there is no oil there is no reason to go there). When are you going after the Saudies that should have been freed a long time ago. The only place you went for without oil was Afghanistan and that was probably more because you needed to shut down all quida and taliban so that you could have it esier to control Irak.

US was the ones who trained islamic fundamentalist against the Soviets. Saddam Hussein was your ally that you bought oil and gave weapons in his war with Iran. The only reason that changed was that he attacked Kuwait and you where afraid he would go after the Saudies. Mubarak your guy in Egypt that you suddenly backstabbed. I don't mind seeing them go but you are leaving a power vacum that might evolve the wrong way.

Everyone soul creates his own karma with his actions. A society does it too. If you are not careful you will create the hell that you deserve. Im sorry if I can't see any good in the US policies anymore. Im awake and intelligent enough to see thru the illusion of propaganda that the US is spewing out.

CIA – Osama bin Laden controversy
en.wikipedia.org...
Karma?

www.marxist.com...

The largest covert operation carried out by the CIA involving Islamic fundamentalism was in Afghanistan. This began after the overthrow of the reactionary Daud regime by radical army officers through the Saur (Spring) revolution of 1978. During this operation the imperialists spent more than US$32 billion on arms, hard cash, logistical support and military efforts. But the truth is that the withdrawal of Soviet troops in 1988-89 and the fall of the left wing Najibullah government in 1992 were not due to this CIA sponsored Jehad (holy war), but to bureaucratic policy bungling and internal faction fighting within the PDPA (People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan).

What is happening now, and has happened in the past, in this tragic land is the direct result of US interference and imperialist-fundamentalist collaboration. The so-called Afghan Jehad has not only ravaged Afghanistan but has also become a threat and a source of instability in the whole of southern Asia. The CIA not only gave military and logistical support, mainly to the pro Jamaat-e-Islami faction of fundamentalists, but also patronised and helped to develop the production of heroin and its trade. Along with this drug running and the huge amount of heavy arms littering the whole region, the situation is pregnant with extreme dangers and unprecedented catastrophes. In the event of this civil war spilling over the borders, areas far beyond Afghanistan will be devastated.

It has become a policy of the CIA to use drugs and other forms of crime to finance most of the counter-revolutionary operations it indulges in. It instigates the vigilante gangs of criminal thugs and scum of society into all forms of crime, especially the drug trade. In Vietnam, the anti-communist guerrillas were patronised in their illegal drugs trade. In Nicaragua during the 1970s the Contras were encouraged to smuggle cannabis and marijuana in order to purchase weapons for their operations against the Sandinista regime. Similar instances can be sighted in all the proxy wars sponsored by the USA in Asia, Africa and Latin America.

This drugs policy of the USA in Afghanistan is having a disastrous impact on the youth around the world. Today 70% of the world supply of heroin comes from the Afghanistan-Pakistan Mafia nexus . The modern laboratories on the Pak-Afghan border (which convert raw opium into heroin) were installed with CIA help.

I love the fact that US always create both the problem and the solution. You are building up the drug trade and then have to be at war with drugs on the showing side. US have no real moral right at all anymore. It's all about the winning and forcing everybody to follow your lead. Sorry I wont follow you anywhere.

President George W. Bush, in an address to a joint session of Congress on September 20, 2001 said, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." Seem like im a terrorist by that definition. But in my view Bush is probably the closest thing you can come to a antikrist.

Lets hope the story has a happy ending. Namaste
edit on 6-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: A link

edit on 6-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: Link

new topics

top topics

join