It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The POTUS Just Flew Over my House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't expect much response to this, but, he is in Marine One (a helicopter), with Marine Two right behind, and a Chinook bringing up the rear.

On his way to speak at Osawatamie High School just south of Kansas City.

Not every day the POTUS flies over your house. Last time it happened was Clinton in office..

When Air Force One landed at MCI, the public was kept way back from him. Very intimate little contingent of people as he walked to the copter. When he was running for office back in 2007, he stayed at the Hyatt where I was working. That was the only time I've been privy to the secret service's preparations, and the tight security measures used.

They wouldn't let us anywhere near him, either. And we worked there, and he was supposed to be garnering support. I would've thought he'd WANT to speak to us. But no.

Anyway...have a great day, all.

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, I stepped outside when I heard them coming. When they arrived I waved and yelled "Hey Mr President! Thanks for nothing!"
I got no response.
Rude.
edit on 6-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Well, at least you tried. You should have tossed $20 in the air and I bet someone would have snagged it for campaign funds!

When W used to fly into Tallahassee to visit the Capital and his brother Jeb, I used to see AF1 parked on the tarmac with huge security lights aimed at it from every direction, and secret service posted in a perimeter around it all night. It was very cool! We could walk up to the fence and be within about 200 yards of the jet, and nobody did much except watch you. Of course, I sure wouldn't have made any sudden movements, or carried a duffel bag or anything, I'm not suicidal.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Did he wave back? lol

He must have been busy looking up B-ball scores.
edit on 6-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
His reply will come later in the form of a drone attack on your house..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

LOL awesome, should have snapped a few pics (that the FBI and Secret service would come and confiscate)

correct me if I am wrong......

Air Force 1 is ANY jet currently carrying the President. Marine 1 is any helicopter? i'm sure someone explained this to me that there is no "air force 1" it's merely the call sign used when he's on board, I'd assume it's the same with the chopper.

Why would Obama want to talk to anyone at this point? All he's done since he got into office is backtracked and reneged on the promises he made to get elected, if his poor little mind had to actually grasp the concept that he's just as bad a president as Bush was, well, he might just snap.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well, he sure wasn't looking for little Baby Lisa Irwin!

sigh.
oh well.
Glad you all got a kick out of it...it was thrilling.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You're right and wrong.

That is always the call sign of any aircraft he is on board, but he also has specific aircraft outfitted for his presence, and they are also called that name when he isn't on board anything.

I think it is Air Force 1 for the jet, and Marine 1 for the helicopter.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Air Force 1 is ANY jet currently carrying the President. Marine 1 is any helicopter? i'm sure someone explained this to me that there is no "air force 1" it's merely the call sign used when he's on board, I'd assume it's the same with the chopper.

Correct, according to my husband, a retired Military Police officer. There are several different aircrafts, and whichever one is used is AF1, and the choppers are Marine 1. There were 2 regular choppers, though. Both with USA (spelled out) and giant flag decals. I don't know if the Chinook was M3, or not. It wasn't marked the same.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I already pledged....to Stephen Colbert's SuperPAC. He's the one I want for POTUS.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good to hear you were able to restrain yourself from shining a laser pointer into the cockpit.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Well, since I can't afford the repairs it needs, that'd be okay. As long as I know they're coming. Grab the BOB and head for the river bluffs. I know of some cabins in there long uninhabited...and hard to find.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Weird synchronization.

This morning my cousin that works at the WH posted he was waiting to see the president leave in a helicopter.

He also posted a pic from inside the WH of some of the Christmas decorations (State Dining Room, I think)

OiO

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Hey. Are you stalking me?
LOL
Oh well. It got moved to General Chit Chat because it wasn't a proper AP news story.
So much for my audition as a bona fide reporter. But next time, I'll wear my "Press" badge when I run out in my yard...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've witnessed this several times, as my home is between the airport and downtown. The sky empties out of aircraft, and it gets spooky quiet. Then the choppers come through, and slowly things go back to normal.

If he's coming in by car, then you see cops on all the overpasses to the freeway, and at a certain time they will prevent people from walking across until the POTUS passes. I've never identified any Secret Service agents, though, so they must be good.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luminaut

Yeah, those crummy motorcades really do clog things up, eh? Seems like they're here a LOT.

Secret service -- there are SCADS of 'em whenever bigwigs come in. The hotel had to carry out extra-tight security measures. I was standing outside when they were waiting and talked to a couple of them. (They're rather stand-offish in general, but a couple of 'em were human, I'm pretty sure.)

I live right under the major flight path south of MCI...
we get air traffic all the time, too....
cheers, mate!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Forgive me for being so indelicate, but I have an image in my mind that is driving me to this extreme.

We've all heard about "blue ice." Has the president pooped on you?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Ummm.....
wha!??
Sorry, I'm not in the loop on that one. But I've only just heard of chemtrails since I joined here in March. Can you fill me in??
Am I supposed to know this?

EDIT: No, the president has not pooped on me.
And I thought "blue ice" were those plastic freezer things you can reuse....or glaciers...
I've seen both of those. But I don't know what it has to do with the POTUS' body functions.

Oh well, if I'm looking stupid now, that's fine!! LOL! And if it was somehow an insult...it was over my head....!! So, all good, either way!
edit on 6-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Dear wildtimes,

With your permission:

Dear wildtimes,

Well, here's one more example of making a baseless assumption. My apologies.

Airplanes use chemical toilets. The wastes are treated with a liquid that gives the whole mess a bluish tint. Sometimes that fluid mixed with wastes leaks out.

The temperature is very low that high up, so it freezes solid as it falls to earth.

I meant the being pooped on literally as well as politically, and hoped I'd get a chuckle. Oh well.

Oh, if you want me to, I'll post this on the thread. Or not, your call.

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Okay, charles has explained to me....
guess the "blue ice" thing would be the next item on the "Aircraft Residue 101" class syllabus!!

LOL!
No, El Presidente was only just going a few miles...he could have held it, right??
sheesh, I hope so!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

So you have a personal network of peeps keeping you informed as to his whereabouts and departures! ?
Well done, OiO!

*relaxes knowing the drones will go to OiO's house first*
lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join