It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writers Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, perhaps this thread belongs in the Board Topics forum, but I thought I'd reach more of the ATS writers here. (Feel free to move this post if need be) Anyway, my idea for a new forum in the new survey was a writers forum. I think that it would be nice to have one, that could be divided into different topics like poems, short stories, collaborative fiction, collaborative poems, Writing tips and techniques and so on. There seems to be a lot of gifted writers on ATS, so I really think this would be a great idea. Any opinions?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think that's a good idea, EyesOfTheFuture. I'm sure those forums would be utilized by ATS members.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So, let's hope it will.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This topic was discussed when i was a mod and it never came to be i think cos the the Collaborative Fiction forum is meant to be for all types of writing if we have more forums it means more work for mods and they have enough work on their hands i think.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok, that must have been before my time then. But the survey explicitly asked for opinions about a new forum, so I figured it was worth a shot. And secondly, I don't think a Writers Forum would require that heavy moderation.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Maybe a collaborative SCI-FI section on the other side (ATS) but I think BTS is the place for the rest . Write something , let's have a taste ! or post a link to your present stuff !

T

[Edited on 7-9-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Oddtodd, I'm not sure whether you're aware of that there already is a section in the ATS forum called Collaborative Fiction. The thing is this Forum isn't working the way it should be, IMO. All stuff there isn't collaborative, and all isn't fiction. There are poems, short stories, discussions about writing and other stuff as well as collaborative fiction. This is the reason I thought it would be a good idea to break this down into a forum with different sub-areas.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I was not aware of that ! Maybe because it needs fixing like you said .

I thought it was all in BTS , sounds like some sorting out may be needed .

No offence intended by my previous oppinion , I like what I have read from the members here , it just doesn't sound conspiracy related like so much of ATS .

Why don't you post a new work and post it at the top , and see how it goes ?

I had no idea there was one on this side , and I have writer status .

Good luck !

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well, to get things straight the Collaborative Fiction forum is a part of the General Forums, and not specifically related to either BTS or ATS if I understand it right. I guess I'm a little tired and confused right now. However, I really think the forum 'needs a fixing" as you expressed it.

[edit on 2004-9-7 by EyesOfTheFuture]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hey Eyes i am not shooting it dowwn it just depends on what Admin say thats all i mean it was discussed a while ago thats all times change minds change

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'd like to see that.

I have several poems i'd like to share, but cant cause this forum is only for Collaborative Fiction.

~TSK

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I guess we can post are poems and stuff in General Entertainment Forum.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I don't see why you can't just put your poems in the short stories sub forum in collaborative fiction, along with your short stories as well.

As for writing tips e.t.c. you could do them in chit chat really, I don't think anyone would miss it although it would be nice to have a little writers section.

If this were to push ahead though just put another sub forum underneath Short Stories for Poems, and maybe another for Writing Tips.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
John Nada, I agree that another sub-forum could do the trick. I just found the idea of a Writers Corner appealing. But it's all up to the admin. Main thing though is that the writing section gets a bit organized.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, I would like to say that while I don't consider my self an Ernest Hemingway, I do like to put some effort into my contributions. I get a little frustrated when people start threads that only contain a line or two, not only because it really doesn't take much effort to write something so short, unless it's as profound as e=mc^2, plus, it's real hard to read 100 two line posts to get the drift of things.

There are some really good works on the board and I have contributed to some, though not always to everyone's approval. I would just like to see Collaborative Fiction made just a little more "artistic."

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   

that could be divided into different topics like poems, short stories, collaborative fiction, collaborative poems, Writing tips and techniques and so on.

I really like the sound of this. This way there might be more of a definition between threads in this area. If anyone has anymore ideas, I oculd bring it up in DISC.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
this is a good idea. at the moment the posts are in one big mush, also, one one coraballates. there is a lot of fiction that one writer is doing.

maybe we could have a sub-forem for non-writers to show their talents, or to comment on writing they have seen

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

blue_sky_9,
Do you mean more sub catagories than just the two? Or did you not realize we had the short stories forum?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
yes. cause of the reasons i stated

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
yes. cause of the reasons i stated
but the short stories is for selected storys anyway.

new topics

top topics

join