It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deb Roy: The Birth Of A Word

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
LINKYLINK

there is a video on that page. about 20 minutes long. VERY VERY COOL.

OK...no way to really copy and paste any of this story. let me explain the story to you.

this MIT grad decided to trace out his child's development, specifically honing in on language. what this guy did was set up cameras and microphones in every room of every house while raising his child. they then broke down all the data.

ever watch a flower grow quickly in time lapse? he lets you hear a 6 month time lapse of his son learning to say water...stating at gaga and slowly morphing into water.

they gave each family member a color to represent them and traced out, by color, who spent how much time where with the kid. it's kinda hard to describe with words. but it is very cool.

if you're interested in child development, family interaction...or you're just a nerd at heart and like to see cool new things...watch this.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
LINKYLINK

there is a video on that page. about 20 minutes long. VERY VERY COOL.

OK...no way to really copy and paste any of this story. let me explain the story to you.

this MIT grad decided to trace out his child's development, specifically honing in on language. what this guy did was set up cameras and microphones in every room of every house while raising his child. they then broke down all the data.

ever watch a flower grow quickly in time lapse? he lets you hear a 6 month time lapse of his son learning to say water...stating at gaga and slowly morphing into water.

they gave each family member a color to represent them and traced out, by color, who spent how much time where with the kid. it's kinda hard to describe with words. but it is very cool.

if you're interested in child development, family interaction...or you're just a nerd at heart and like to see cool new things...watch this.

Early childhood development is my wife's specialty.
We have observed our kids for the last 14 years.
It has been a joy watching them grow and learn.

Sorry I missed this thread.

We had doomsday to worry about.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

someone else made a thread covering the same video. They went on about how no one paying attention to your thread was indicative of some deeper truth (likely negative) about humanity.

I am just wondering why they made their own thread instead of simply bumping yours by providing some salient input. So this is just me trying to do that for you. It is an interesting video and topic.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I did the same thing before you,bigfurry.
Why wasn't it bumped,but it did draw attention to it .

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Something to consider: the XBox 720 will be an in home data gathering machine (posing as an immersive video gaming console). And the NSA gets to gather all surveillance data via backdoors in the firmware of the devices licensed to be sold for surveillance.

Imagine someone like your wife, but with an evil and more dark side. What kind of information could such a person derive from massive amounts of national scale data?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Something to consider: the XBox 720 will be an in home data gathering machine (posing as an immersive video gaming console). And the NSA gets to gather all surveillance data via backdoors in the firmware of the devices licensed to be sold for surveillance.

Imagine someone like your wife, but with an evil and more dark side. What kind of information could such a person derive from massive amounts of national scale data?

Time to cut the umbilical cord?

BTW: My wife has an evil and dark side.I have been there and I really don't won't to go back there.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

LOL, you know what they say though: The dark side has cookies.

new topics

top topics

join