It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Days Police Officers - (WTB)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I remember back in the days where Police Officers (PO’s) where doing exactly what they were hired to do, yes I admit that even when we thought they were doing the right thing there’s always been corrupted ones but not as popular as today.

In modern days, PO’s have toppled to the ground as fast as a silver bullet shot downwards. They are no longer protecting and serving us as we would like, instead they have taken the liberty to abuse us in every way.

We are no longer free to do anything anymore without watching out for PO’s who will throw you in Jail for no apparent reason. If filming through your smartphone or your own video camera from your own backyard is illegal then I don’t know what else to do. I do agree that in Occupy ______, protesters are sometimes mis-representing the rest of us but it gives PO’s no reason to treat us like they do (punching us, pepper spraying us) in front of cameras and the entire world to see how they behave in the “wild”.

I made a comment once in a thread not too long ago about putting an end to PO’s since they aren’t helping us out. Although I don’t take that back, what I am going to say with respect to that is I agree there are loyal ones out there that don’t deserve to be generalized as I did and still am. My respect to those few ones, however in today’s world we are all treated the same way, if one group of individuals does something then we stereotype right away without thinking about it and the same goes for PO’s (Sorry).

I am tired of PO’s dictating our freedom and taking away every little right we currently have. It is time we get united and take back what we have been deprived of by showing we are disgusted and that we need change (without violence). If you are a loyal PO then join us and stop being another dirty, corrupted statistic from the people that care – US -.

Peace & Love

edit on 6-12-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You are being too nice to the stinkin pigs. (j/k!)
Good entry. I believe the current mindset is that once they have the uniform on, they are above the law.

However, I'll say there are a few good cops out there. There has to be.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Respect to you for acknowledging your generalizations. I think that if the corrupt LEOs were the norm, the resulting chaos would be apparent. I know several LEOs both here (who are local as well as from Canada and the UK) and in the U.S. I know that the personae that they project often is -- and has to be -- different than who they really are. Listen, the world has changed, and gee hello Mr. Policeman that used to walk a beat and know all the people and stop and say hey to the grocer and fruitstand man have gone the way of the ........ fruitstand! LEOs are continually, daily, hourly put in an unknown position, sometimes facing overwhelming odds. You have to remember that what we see on the news and in youtubes are often (imo) the extreme -- the ordinary, normal do not make the news. Nobody cares about a story of an ordinary man or woman doing their job, day in, day out, without problems.

I see how the world has changed. I distrust governments, and law enforcement seems to us to be an extension of that distrust. Most of them want to do a job, and live to talk about it. I'm not afraid of them. If i screw up, they are coming, nothing personal.

Anyway, I appreciated your perspective and your narrative. Good, heartfelt writing, and I feel your position.

reply to post by Druid42

I would never denigrate a LEO by calling them "pig" anymore than I would use a racial invective. Those labels are used by people who intend to marginalize the good works that people do by cubbyholing people into a same-size-fits-all box. That's the way I see it -- my opinion. Don't taze me bro.......... don't try to cram me into a box of someone else's making. I won't fit, I promise you.

ETA: I realize you put the j/k on it, but that doesn't make it cut much less deep. Just food for thought.
peace

edit on 6/12/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/12/11 by argentus because: additional blabbery

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Respect to you for acknowledging your generalizations.

Thanks for that and although I am generalizing PO's in here I do have to agree with you, there has to be a few good ones out there!

top topics

join