It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima 45 tonne radioactive leak 'reaches ocean' !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

What's scary is that Japan isn't letting on how bad this really is, they are just playing it off....the best way they can.

That's okay...we have experts like you and others here at ATS to let us know the real scoop...
edit on 12/7/2011 by jeichelberg because: misplaced quote mark

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thought everyone may be interesed in this articel from Viewzone:

www.viewzone.com...

The China Syndrome is an on-going process where the molten fuel melts its way through terra firma until it hits the natural water table, at which point it explodes as water expands to steam -- all of it highly radioactive -- and erupts like a toxic volcano, spreading plutonium and uranium particles everywhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
The Gulf Stream is in the Atlantic Ocean. Japan is no where near the Atlantic.
The OP topic was radiation in the Pacific which might taint seafood there, and someone said they also avoid food which might have been tainted by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. It's reasonably on topic in my view to say that not only one ocean may be contaminated but possibly the other one too. I worry more about corexit than about the oil, though hopefully by now it's pretty diluted, but I understand they used a lot of it.

I highlighted their dyslexic mistake. Last time I checked, you have to go East from Japan, to reach North America.

Maybe this is why so much confusion exists? Fact-checking is paramount, nowadays.
Reading the thread helps too.

But the currents go in loops so they travel both east and west. So the current appears to indeed go west toward Japan, then north, then east to the west coast of North America:

Kuroshio Current

The Kuroshio Current is the west side of the clockwise North Pacific ocean gyre

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Had to have been a lot more than just water last weekend. I have been sick with a terrible headache and having to sleep for hours in the day each day, and kids are all sick again, they've been sick most of the year since Fukushima began. Stomach upsets, sore throats mainly. But considering the headaches I got last spring, I'd already pegged these new ones and the way I feel on Fukushima.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wait a minute:

....considering the headaches I got last spring, I'd already pegged these new ones and the way I feel on Fukushima.

This is why people fall for all sorts of quack "remedies", and quack (and quaint) notions about things that hove no relationship to one another. False attribution.

I'm on the West Coast, southern California. Just several miles from the ocean. I have no "headaches", and NO ONE of the many people I've encountered since last March have either. Nor have they or I been especially sick in any way.

I had a mild head cold two months ago, lasted for three days...does that count? No....and, I never made the silly reach to blame it on Fukushima! Some kids I know had the "flu" near Thanksgiving....except, we figured out it wasn't a disease - - it was food poisoning. They had all gotten the same thing at a "StarBuck's"....and their distress lasted just about 24 hours, typical of food poisoning. NO elevated temperature, just nausea (et cetera).

It is foolish to ascribe unrelated symptoms to something from the other side of the world, when they are not related at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I just wonder what effects this will have on us in the states and our children?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join