It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really need the Police?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

So when your mother is being raped, or your child has gone missing,etc etc-who are you gonna call? Ghostbusters?
Everybody hates the police until they need them......

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We need police, too many twisted minds out there.

edit on 7-12-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What is the difference between the police, a mafia protection racket, and private security?

Private security will not threaten violence upon anyone who does not wish to purchase their protective services.

edit on 7-12-2011 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Considering people shoot each other in the streets or riot, I'd say yeah, I'm happy there are police officers who come and attempt to control a crisis.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Police are revenue raising scum, Never needed them never will.
I don't care if they raped my family and destroyed everything i owned, i would still not ask for their help. And you wanna know why.
If someone where to do those things, it would probably be the people the police work for.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Text So when your mother is being raped, or your child has gone missing
reply to post by Skippy1138

Nice imagery.Thanks for that.

If my mother isbeing raped the last thing I would do is call the Police.Like you said,she is being raped. What are the Police going to do? Direct her to counciling?

And thanks again for using my mother being raped as an example. You wouldnt say those words in front of me.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I hope your 3 year old son never get's kidnapped because i know you won't call the police to help find him, since they could'nt possibly help you in any way.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

Text So when your mother is being raped, or your child has gone missing
reply to post by Skippy1138

Nice imagery.Thanks for that.

If my mother isbeing raped the last thing I would do is call the Police.Like you said,she is being raped. What are the Police going to do? Direct her to counciling?

And thanks again for using my mother being raped as an example. You wouldnt say those words in front of me.

I think he would use those words in front of you. Why wouldn't he? Imagine if your mother was being brutally raped and tortured by a group of thugs, what would YOU do? Not much, really. In fact, if the police didn't do ANYTHING in response to your mother being raped, you'd be the first one to complain about the lack of police action.

We need police officers. This is common sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Text I hope your 3 year old son never get's kidnapped because i know you won't call the police to help find him, since they could'nt possibly help you in any way.

The media is more effective.

And I dont have a son. Why dont we stick with my mother being raped. Maybe they kidnap her after they gang rape her and she is missing. What do I do? Contact the media and hire a PI.

[SNIP] the police.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Sounds like what you want is Somalia theres no police there and contacting the media when theres kidnapings has been working out great for them so far.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Text I think he would use those words in front of you. Why wouldn't he? Imagine if your mother was being brutally raped and tortured

Because if he did there would be consequences. You dont talk about peoples mothers being raped. Especially in an antagonistc fashion. I would not appreciate it at all. I would communicate that in a non-verbal way. You dont talk about peoples mothers. You are taking it to another level. If you were not hiding behind your computer screen you would not be talking about my mother.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I dont live in Somalia.

And thats not what I want.
edit on 7-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately it is vital to have Police, but its also vital to not have a force of filth staffed by (D)ullards & (C)retins.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

police and law are needed to maintain some kind of order, but of course police like to abuse thier power in an attempt to control people to comform to the faux news way of living....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

You must be joking...

What would you do if someone broke into your house....start your own investigation?!
I could make a list with such "need police" to the end of page...

But...I agree...we do not need police to be a pain in the a$$ or to notice the officers have the intelligence just above the freezing point of water.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Text I agree...we do not need police to be a pain in the a$$ or to notice the officers have the intelligence just above the freezing point of water.
reply to post by zatara

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I have been a cop for more than 5 years...what I think we could do in all honesty is reduce the amount of cops and replace them with a sort of security guard. I would say 90% of the calls I take are really not high priority...a security guard can take a report for your missing garden gnome or do a civil standby because you broke up with your girlfriend...or that barking dog next door wont shut up. For the amount of money I make, training I have received, and experience I have I am wasting 90% of it on calls that really have no end result.

We would save money by reducing the police force and hiring part time/ lesser paid security guards and then leave the police for in progress calls/investigations/swat etc.

I have never had to call the police and the only interaction I have had with an officer before I became one was the occasional traffic stop. However, there is a need for them. I was ignorant to how evil people could be until I became a cop. Im gonna hop on my high horse for a minute now....if you are not a cop you probably have very little clue to how bad some areas can be and decayed certain parts of society are. I could go on for hours about the sociological issues with society, but unless youve seen it you probably wouldnt believe me. This job has made me afraid to have a child.

Anyway...I do agree to some extent....also I think that the real criminals with extensive histories should be hammered much..much.. harder than one time offenders.
edit on 7-12-2011 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2011 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Do us all a favor then. Please do not ask questions such as " do we need law enforcement", claim they are all useless without a proper understanding of the them or your rights as a citizen.

~Keeper
edit on 12/6/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Ummm........so....if we would just take the time out of our "waste of day" you know......working.......parenting....etc., that menial, baser stuff.....And just break out that first printing edition of the "magna Carta"........there in the privacy of my own kitchen.....in between the pinch of salt....the dash of pepper.....I can peruse "the federalist papers.....admiralty law.......the virginia charter.....after having done all that......between jawing with an angry customer, over the difference between "an estimate" and "the bill"...and ordering parts to expedite the next job....I can become a self styled constitutionalist and KNOW my rights...
I will THEN have a glowing compassion and righteous respect for TPTB and all the scurrying little insects that "carry out the agenda"..........those...blue code hipsters are so fracking hip....you know....

Keeper........let me guess...............skip-tracing?..............no, wait a minute....Repo-man.....or is that Repo-person....now..................hmmmm?

In order to understand your place you must first learn what "is"..........is...

I don't know what your "position of authority" is, nor do I care.....I do know that I have never relinquished any claim to sovereignty...........I will never give you or any other "authority"....over me or mine...I have no need...desire....or want for any other to "police" me.....You go your way...........I'll go mine...If you left us alone we wouldn't have to express any emotion your way...........at all

YouSir

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What's really struck me is how several commenters have presumed that if police forces were removed, the rest of society would function perfectly normally - that there would be no knock on or collateral effect.

Which is, of course, completely not the case.

Fire crews on constant calls to put out fires...hospitals and pharmacies repeatedly raided for their drugs...rackets forming in more isolated communities, where the guy with the biggest gun rules...businesses closing from being threatened, stolen from...houses looted and taken over as and when....!

And for those who say, "i'd deal with it myself" or "i'd grab a few guys together and sort it"...I don't think so. People would have enough on their plates keeping themselves alive...these kinds of views are just fantasy unfortunately and people who believe otherwise don't understand it would take just a select few to make society self-implode.

I'd love to hear of just one example of a law-less state that succeeded (anecdotal or biblical examples only accepted with appropriate proof
)

I know some posters like to convey the idea that in a law-less state, they would prosper and thrive...the reality - most definately - is that you wouldn't.

Any group of people - any background, profession, religion - have further sub-groups of good and bad people. This is a fact. To believe or imply the police should be treated differently on this basis alone is complete nonsense.

"I went to see a doctor once. He was really rude. Y'know...we don't need these guys...they're probably only feeding us drugs to keep us under their control...humanity got on OK without doctors...so yeah....do we really need doctors?"
edit on 7-12-2011 by ComeFindMe because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I gotta agree they are useless and a burden on society. Nothing more then a gang of thugs.

colombine? crips v bluds? motorway pile ups? murders? drugs? child/woman traffiking? rape?

All after the fact.

They do nothing to stop it. maybe contribute to it.

Murder , Drugs, Rape, Robbery are part of their job description they commit these crimes day in day out and get away with it. and they are a rival gang.

Highway accidents , hum lets see , firemen and paramedics i would say, then insurance investigator, and a wrecker to tow away and clean up .Cops pretty much just block traffic and get in the way, yeah big help, not

child / trafficking

I've never needed their help, not sure what kind of help you'd get from a gang who's out to get you and see's you as the enemy.

Again if i ever needed help outside of defending myself and family (which i've always taken care of myself) i'd call a fireman or paramedic.

Cops should go the way of the Dodo bird and become extinct and vanish off the face of the earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join