It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Collected $50K Per Month From MF Global

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well, the plot thickens......

A former MF Global employee accused former president William J. Clinton of collecting $50,000 per month through his Teneo advisory firm in the months before the brokerage careened towards its Halloween filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Teneo was hired by MF Global’s former CEO Jon S. Corzine to improve his image and to enhance his connections with Clinton’s political family, said the employee, who asked that his name be withheld because he feared retribution.
Original Article and Details.....

It would appear there was enough money to go around for a variety of people when Corzine was either robbing the place blind or running it into the ground. I'm betting a combination of the two myself.

I wonder where the trail will lead and just how many names we'll all recognize that the scandal will touch by the time it's all done. The numbers involved are staggering and hard to really get one's mind around with MF Global. I'd imagine the revelations will be numerous as it plays out.

Just an additional thought on this....but I don't expect this to be a partisan thing as it develops. The estimates right now seem to run around $1.2 billion that pulled a vanishing act here. I'll bet this went to both sides of the political isle and in healthy amounts. Corruption doesn't know what R or D means. It'll be interesting to see it play out now that we're seeing major names come up in relation to it. Hmmmmm
edit on 6-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Additional thought....

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here are some very interesting and telling facts in the article:

Clinton is the chairman of the company’s advisory board. His duties and compensation have not been released. The other member of the board is former British prime minister Tony Blair.

Two of the three founding partners are very close to the former president and his wife, Secretary of State Hillary R. Clinton. They are Douglas J. Band, who is the former president’s counselor and has served on his personal staff since 1995 and Declan Kelly, who earned the “Hillraiser” status in the secretary’s 2008 run for president for bundling more than $100,000 for the campaign.

Kelly sold his public relations firm Financial Dynamics in 2006 to FTI for $340 million, and stayed with that company until July 2009, when he joined the State Department as the Economic Envoy to Northern Ireland.

The source said, “Kelly was given a job they created out our whole cloth.” The job did not exist previously.

“He basically got to ride around developing a book of business, while he waited for his non-compete clause to run out,” he said.

Kelley and the former president traveled together networking and making introductions at international conferences and events, he said.

Here you have it... another perfect example of the corruption in government and the revolving door that leads too and from it.

Of course, those still caught up in the ridiculous "democrat vs. republican" or "left vs. right" scheme fail to see that the whole thing is just going around in circles.

It is all about getting in positions of insider information and privileged access, and has nothing to do with serving "the people". In fact, I am more and more convinced that anyone who would choose to play by the rules is shunned out by this select clique of corrupt criminals. (Hey, let's tell it like it is!)

Still not getting the occupy movements?
Still think that democracy has not been bought off?
Still trust that change can come from these people?

I say... think again!

the Billmeister

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
does gerald celente have any hair left to pull out?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And that is the same clintions who wants to investigate Russian Elections

Good find.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

People you all forgot, the enrons of the clinton era, billions in useless stock bonuses, for the workers pensions, the sec then and again kept quiet now, and the White House won't call for a special investigation, because theres is insider trading to the tune of hundreds of millions of contact dollars, so go look up the details, google enron, and such and be a believer,

top topics

join