It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charges dropped against McDonald's cashier who hit two women with a metal rod

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I did a search and couldn't find this posted anywhere on ATS yet. So I thought I would share this article. I'm glad that the charges were dropped in this case. Occasionally the judicial system actually gets it right. It was definitely a case of self defense in my opinion. Hopefully the female attackers will be found guilty of the assault charges.

UPDATE: CHARGES DROPPED AGAINST MCDONALD’S CASHIER WHO HIT WOMEN WITH METAL ROD

Source

The graphic images caught on tape of a male McDonald’s cashier beating two aggressive female customers with a metal rod after they hopped over the counter to attack him, brought varying and heated reactions from the thousands who watched the video. Some felt that the McDonald’s employee had every right to defend himself, others commented that he crossed the line after giving one of his attackers a beat-down so severe that her skull was partially-crushed. After 11 days of grand jury testimony, the justice system has ruled in favor of former McDonald’s employee Rayon McIntosh, as he was cleared of all charges Friday stemming from the incident that occurred at a Greenwich Village McDonald’s in October.

Now that McIntosh has been cleared of assault and weapons charges, the women who attacked him are waiting to hear from a grand jury that has not yet voted on the charges of criminal trespassing, menacing and disorderly conduct that the two women face.

Original video

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

HAHAHAHAHAHA YES YES YES YES YES YES

For once "equal rights" has played its part nicely.

Take that feminists.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
I did a search and couldn't find this posted anywhere on ATS yet. So I thought I would share this article. I'm glad that the charges were dropped in this case. Occasionally the judicial system actually gets it right. It was definitely a case of self defense in my opinion. Hopefully the female attackers will be found guilty of the assault charges.

Source

The graphic images caught on tape of a male McDonald’s cashier beating two aggressive female customers with a metal rod after they hopped over the counter to attack him, brought varying and heated reactions from the thousands who watched the video. Some felt that the McDonald’s employee had every right to defend himself, others commented that he crossed the line after giving one of his attackers a beat-down so severe that her skull was partially-crushed. After 11 days of grand jury testimony, the justice system has ruled in favor of former McDonald’s employee Rayon McIntosh, as he was cleared of all charges Friday stemming from the incident that occurred at a Greenwich Village McDonald’s in October.

Now that McIntosh has been cleared of assault and weapons charges, the women who attacked him are waiting to hear from a grand jury that has not yet voted on the charges of criminal trespassing, menacing and disorderly conduct that the two women face.

Original video

im not so sure they "got it right" tbh... at first he was acting in self defense but when he continued to beat on them even after they did not seem to be any threat, thats when I think he crossed the line

EDIT: ok after watching the video again it is unclear whether or not they continued to be a threat (they are behind the counter) after the initial beating.. so i guess im wrong
edit on 6-12-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Charges shouldn't be filed against the women in my opinion. They were clearly the aggressors but given the beating they received, they do not need anything else added to that from the justice system.

There is always a fine line... In this case, whether or not to hit them at all. Unfortunately the guy behind the counter took it a little too far.

I still don't he should have been charged, but he could use something similar himself to know how it feels to take extra (unneeded) shots when you're down.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
No wonder he got off, it was clearly self defence. Adrenaline is a chemical that can make you do bad things, but if the release of it is caused by someone attacking him its not his fault.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

HAHAHAHAHAHA YES YES YES YES YES YES

For once "equal rights" has played its part nicely.

Take that feminists.

I don't remember people ever saying equality was a good thing. Only that inequality is a bad thing. Maybe people will realize not all things should be equal?
edit on 6-12-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
An Island of common sense in an ocean of insanity. This man was attacked, and he continued attacking until the threat was neutralized. Clear cut case of self defense. Hopefully he finds a new job fairly quickly!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The customers seemed to jump the counter and attack him, if I am right in what i'm seeing. If so then I think personally (not legally) he's in the right to hit them back. Though I do see once they are down on the ground and not got back up for awhile he hits them again, which is wrong.

If it was me i'd hit anyone who attacked me, but only to the point where their attack stopped, though understandably peoples emotions at such times take over.

As a general rule, I give no sympathy for anyone who starts an aggressive engagement by throwing the first punches to say, then get hurt, however bad really. If you start a fight with someone you should be ready for the possibilities you will lose, and possibly lose badly.

Who started the incident with words I think is not so important as until physical contact is made it's a minor issue.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I agree that in the video it looks as though excessive force was used. But in the eyes of the law you have the right to self defense to a perceived threat.

If you have ever been in a violent situation and have had to defend yourself against attackers there is much chaos confusion and when it's two against one you never know if someone has a weapon or not.

In the article it states that the woman said "we're going to F---- you up " and he thought they said "cut you up"
So you have to put yourself in his shoes and say what is reasonable force when you have two large aggressive women coming at you saying they are going to cut you up or F--- you up.

Once they are down if he allows them to get back up then they might continue to attack and pull out a weapon. So even though it looks like he took things to far on the video he may have hit 1 or 2 extra times than he had to. That is not excessive force in my opinion. If he had hit them 10 times extra then he would be guilty but under the circumstances I think he was justified.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

Finally...some good news. Clear case of self defense against a bully scam artist trying to pass off a fake bill. Its one thing to lie and cheat but to get uber defensive and combative about it is another thing...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Also we have to remember we can't see what happens behind the counter when he strikes them the second time, for all we know they might have gone for him again, or not.

On a side note, I think the courts should clean their hands of this, and say all got what they deserved. It might serve as a warning for anyone starting fights in the future, since the idea of being prosecuted is, to some, not threatening, or so alien as to offer no deterrant.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This video went viral here in the USA so I thought most people are familiar with story. But for those of you who are not I guess I should have given a little more background detail about the case.

The McDonald's employee was the cashier and the women wanted to buy food using a fifty dollar bill. I'm not sure but I think McDonald's in most cities doesn't accept bills larger than $20. Anyway, the cashier used a marking pen to check if the $50 dollar bill was counterfeit or not.

That is when the women who were already acting loud and appeared to be intoxicated got more aggressive and began to insult the McDonald's employee. They called him various expletives and reached over the counter and slapped him. That's when the person began to video the incident.

Little did the two drunk women know that this McDonald's employee was somewhat recently out of prison for murder. He had shot someone when he was a teenager and served in prison. He was trying to get his life back on track and was doing good at his new job according to the manager.

The video picks up after the women had already slapped the cashier/convict and they are calling him a "pussy". One woman then jumps the counter and the other can be seen going around the counter on the other side. He was going to be surrounded by the two women. That's when he steps into the back of the kitchen area and grabs whatever he found to defend himself. Which happened to be some type of metal bar that was lying around.

Now what if the women were beating him? Would they have stopped before he was seriously injured?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

i figured they would be thank you for briging this to our attention it at least goes to show that retail employees or fast food service at least still have the right to defend them selves in this country still S&F

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This brings a whole new meaning to "Have it your way"

Looks to me like self defense. Those women came at him with the intention of doing harm. I don't really see any difference between this and a liquor store or convenience store attendant that pulls a gun on a would-be robber. He smacked them and they went to the floor. I'm not sure, but I think I heard him tell them to stay down. They tried to get up and he hit them again. Frankly, I've seen videos of police doing the same kind of thing.

IMO, the two women should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
edit on 6-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: edited for clarity

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

GOOD!!!
The second you cross that counter, you have identified yourself as a robber or a senseless animal.
Both should be put down.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Proof that the system can work if its not corrupted.

Clean cut clear case of justice IMO.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sometimes, despite their best efforts, a little justice actually happens. This was one of those times.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry but they deserved to be hit maybe when they attacked him, but repeatedly laying into them on the floor is the behaviour of a psychopath. Any man who thinks that they need a metal bar to defend against 2 women is not a man. He could have used his hands if he needed to and I'm sure the women would have ended up on the floor. People saying that they deserve to almost be killed over getting mad and coming at him is crazy, yes they were wrong but no they don't deserve to be brutalised. I am shocked that none of the employees tried to take the weapon of him when he started to lay into them on the ground, they are cowards.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am shocked by everyone comments. Yes it is self defence, but when they are on the ground posing no danger and he hits them again and again. That is NOT self defence! That is nothing but malicious violence.

I ask you all this, would you feel safe having this man look after your children for example? I wouldn't because its clear that he has a severe anger problem and also a problem with compassion. Even if someone comes at you when they are on the floor subdued as a good person you should not continue to attack them just for the sake of getting some free blows in. This is pathetic, he went way too far and knowing he is out in the street is scary imo. Who wants to bet he will end up in prison again due to violence?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Charges shouldn't be filed against the women in my opinion. They were clearly the aggressors but given the beating they received, they do not need anything else added to that from the justice system.

There is always a fine line... In this case, whether or not to hit them at all. Unfortunately the guy behind the counter took it a little too far.

I still don't he should have been charged, but he could use something similar himself to know how it feels to take extra (unneeded) shots when you're down.

Hey! When you start a physical fight, or a robbery and lose control of the situation, you should be prepared to pay the consequences which may be to the extreme. Charging them is the correct thing to do under the law. They started the whole thing. (Consider: a wounded cop attacker is not allowed to go without charges simply because he caught a bullet in the process.)

And you can bet they have already started filling a civil suit against the guy and Mac's. And guess what? Mac's will buy them off with a big bunch of bills just to make them go away. The charges against them is to help the law-and-order (basic justice/moral) side of the suit they will inevitably file.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join