It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Plea Deal For 12 Year Old Murder Suspect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

thanks its not often i can find such things as quickly but the media attention about this made that a bit easier, I really feel bad the whole situation is fubar but hopefully this kid gets the help he needs and dosent end up being another one of floridas statistics(they charge and incarcerate more minors then i think all other states) seems her other children are now in foster care hopefully they get placed in good homes with caring parents this time around i was adopted and i hit the parental lottery so i hope the best of the children of this lady...either way shes gonna (hopefully) do more time then her son did as she was culpable in his deed

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
In today's world, a 12-year old is no longer a child. The only "kids" today are literally toddlers. That's reality, and a lot of people are incapable of accepting it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
just because they're a 'kid' doesnt mean they arent capable of taking a life..

oftentimes its easier for 'kids' to kill - one of the reasons that often 'kids' are conscripted as soldiers in some conflicts.

when it comes to murder penalty should be the same for all regardless of age.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ok my opinion, the mother is at fault.

1stly, I think the 12 year old boy shouldn’t have been anywhere near the 2 year old, I’m guessing this isn’t the first time the older child would have pushed the 2 year old around. Who knows their children best…the mother, and I’m sure she knew he couldn’t be trusted to be near the 2 year old.

2ndly, she did't take the 2 year old straight to the hospital or call the ambulance.
Now when one of my girls cut her chin she was rushed to hospital. Yes you might call me overprotective, but they are so precious to me I wouldn’t or couldn’t have it any other way, that’s just the way I am.

Now should the 12 year old be treated as an adult…I’m not sure.

my heart goes out to the baby, such a sad sad lose, poor little darling.

love and harmony
Whateva

edit on 6/12/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Did you read the article though? This shouldn't be a murder case against the 12 year old. Maybe it's a case of manslaughter. But murder charges usually require premeditated intent or gross negligence.

This seems to be more of a crime by the parent than the child. Why didn't the mother intervene and stop the 12 year old from hurting his brother? Why did the mother wait so long to get the injured child help? Why did she check her bank account and finish a download for music before getting the address to the hospital? Why didn't she just call 911.

I think the mother deserves the more serious charges. But none of the charges against either one should be murder.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

investigation by police of her laptop shows a Google search for “when some (sic) gets knocked out” at 10:54 a.m. Then “concussions on children” at 2:38 p.m.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

i don't know what sic is but i assume the previous word was baby?? it is clear that the mother thought that her child was concuss and nothing more, and she was obviously worried.

In this case, (sic) means the search doesn't make sense as typed. The writer of the story inserted the (sic) to show it was the mom who made the nonsensical error, and that it's not a typo by the writer. So it's just more evidence the mom's brain wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders.

I have several thoughts on this but I admit I don't know enough details to make an accurate judgement and these opinions might change after reviewing the official files of the case.

The boy is not guilty of murder which is intentional death of another. Probably manslaughter at the most, which is unintentional death of another. A couple of years in Juvenile detention at most would seem appropriate.

The mom is criminally negligent by not seeking medical attention for the unconscious boy sooner. She should probably spend some time in jail and lose her children.

But it just doesn't sound like a case of murder.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

i Do owe you an apology and have nothing to say.

Sorry

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Your country is beyond insane. No one would ever charge a 12 year old boy, with first degree murder or charge him as an adult.

what he needs is anger control therapy and intense counseling. His eyes are so sad, I just want to take him home and heal him up, he's going to have nightmares for life, poor baby. And yes I feel sorry for his 2 year old brother, and the 12 year old, equally, they're both babies. And kids fight. And another thing, 2 year olds can be really annoying, and 12 year olds, who are having surges of testosterone, preteen, would have a very hard time controlling himself, in addition, if they've gone through broken home and loss of mom, this poor boy has separation anxiety and inner rage.

He just needs help.

Vengeance in not ours. Self defense is one thing, but you don't retaliate, you heal people.

I would throw any politician out who ever supported this, they would be removed. I take one look at his face and all the ugly twisted demons running our country and the kid wins 1000000.......... % unto infinity. So do something. Don't let them sacrifice him or any child.. Line up at the court house, and politicans and dont back down, by the millions. Don't ever accept any of their sacrifices. Stand up for each other.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever heard of the Jamie Bulger case?

So you would send the boys who did this to counselling and let them go free and come to your house and play with your children. ?

Unity,Some children are born evil.

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 6/12/11 by Whateva69 because: I came back to hug Unity x x x

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

The Jamie Bugler case was pre-meditated by those boys, they did things to the little boy on purpose, they knowingly took him from that shopping centre... I don't even want to hint to what else they did, it was a disgusting premeditated act of violence and sickness

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I’m just saying that none of know the boys character. And it’s hard to Jude what he was or wasn’t thinking. We weren’t in the room, did he walk way and then come back to do the pushing?

And your right the Jamie bulger case isn’t even close to this, I was just trying to get across that some children can be downright evil.

I still think the boy had problems and something would have happened sooner or later.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

yeh but if you take her children away from her, it is not only her who grieves, it is also the mother they have just taken away from the children.

but if she's not too stable then it is for their benefit.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Thank you for finding all this is slowly filling in the blanks.

I may owe everyone an apology by the time i finish reading this thread.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IDKWTB

From the article : "The prosecutor had offered a plea deal several weeks ago. Under that deal, the boy would have to admit to murder. Then, when he turns 21, he could be set free'

Should've taken that deal.Clearly states in the article he'll only have to serve the last 3 years in an adult prison,which he should considering he would be 18.No sympathy here.However,I don't think this kid needs to be locked up for life,which is why I think he should've taken that offer.12 or not he needs to pay for what he did.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I have a 2 year old son. Before you continue reading this post, know that I love my children with all my being and would never hurt them. I would die a painful death to spare them. I would do ANYTHING for my children. They are my most precious gift in life and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in existence. HOWEVER...

My 2 year old is a menace. Multiple times a day he gets into things he shouldn't and we have to scold him and tell him not to. Later that day, he'll do it again. I'm not talking about a neglected child who gets into dangerous situations, I'm talking about a kid who finds my stash of comic books and proceeds to rip a couple of them while my back is turned for a few minutes. Or a kid so clever he can open a locked door, push his toy shopping cart to the baby gate we installed, climb over into the kitchen and proceed to wreak havoc, dumping expensive baby formula for his younger brother all over the kitchen floor, and he did this at 7AM while my wife and I were still asleep, unaware he had learned how to access the rest of the house. We had to install 2 baby gates, one above the other, so he couldn't climb out. That kid has an uncanny knack for climbing. And on top of that, at 2 years old, he has one of the worst tempers and attitude problems I have seen. My patience has evolved to superhuman levels in my attempts to discipline him. I've had to learn new ways to get through to him, because until he is fully verbal and able to acknowledge that he understands what I'm telling him, I have no idea how much he is taking in and learning.

I say all that to say this: a 12 year old could very, very easily be irked to the point of lashing out violently on a 2 year old sibling. Also, a 12 year old has the capability to intentionally murder someone, especially the physically and mentally inferior 2 year old. If he wanted to kill his brother, he wouldn't have just pushed him. A push is an act of physical denial. It says, "I am stronger than you, so don't mess with me or I'll hit you." I highly doubt he anticipated his younger brother being killed in the act. I'll bet he carries the immense guilt and shame of what he did for the rest of his life. What he needs is counseling and help to get him through this. Prison for any amount of time, let alone his entire LIFE, is completely out of the question. That notion is so irresponsible that those who suggested it should be tried for attempting to commit child abuse.

Edit:

RE: KilrathiLG

This is so sad and terrible. That such a situation existed for so long just says society is a failure. I am sometimes ashamed to be named among the human race

edit on 12/6/2011 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I imagine that this kid is acting on inner rage. While that is still not an excuse to kill your younger brother, but it still does not condone the him spending the rest if his life in a prison. Just look at the kids past, his mother having him at twelve years old and it looks like his moher being addicted to the internet. Chances are that he was hiding every last bit of his anger, until his younger brother did something for all that to come out, resulting in this. No way can it be first degree. 10 years, 20 max should be the sentence, not the rest of his life, which had barely started.
As for his mother, she could not get off of her butt to drive her dying two year old son to the hospital. She seemed to find it more important to download some music instead. Give her life, not the kid. Also, I usually don't support CPS, but if that kid does somehow get out of this without any sentence, I think it would be best if they work their magic.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is what happens when you have profit, especially in regards to our legal, justice, and prison systems.

Someone somewhere is salivating at the thought of this boy going to prison for an accident, for life. They are literally counting the dollars he will bring their way.

When people profit off the abuse and suffering of others, there will be more suffering and abuses.

I live in Florida, but will leave this forsaken state as soon as I am able to.

edit on 6-12-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicTrigger
life in prison?!? i thought they executed murderers in florida.

can you imagine if they executed a 12-year-old?

Murder is murder, it doesnt matter how old they were when they committed it. The price of you taking a life, should be the taking of your life. It sounds harsh but sooner or later these people will get the message that murder will not be tolerated under any circumstance or your own life is forfeit. Criminals often whine about their rights in the courtroom and the law bends over backwards to accomodate their rights but, what of the rights of the victim who was killed? Because they are dead they no longer have rights and more often than not the punishment does not fit the crime and justice goes un meted.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by cosmicTrigger
life in prison?!? i thought they executed murderers in florida.

can you imagine if they executed a 12-year-old?

Murder is murder, it doesnt matter how old they were when they committed it. The price of you taking a life, should be the taking of your life. It sounds harsh but sooner or later these people will get the message that murder will not be tolerated under any circumstance or your own life is forfeit. Criminals often whine about their rights in the courtroom and the law bends over backwards to accomodate their rights but, what of the rights of the victim who was killed? Because they are dead they no longer have rights and more often than not the punishment does not fit the crime and justice goes un meted.

So you are a fan of Sharia?

Nearly all problems, crimes, and conditions are a direct result of a failure of some aspect of our society. A majority of who we are genetics, with a small bit based on the nurture one receives from their family and external stimuli from society and culture. Such things could be eliminated through an elimination of artificial scarcity, equal maximum education, and preventative screening of mental health at a young age. Interestingly, such solutions are far cheaper than the latter crimes, prosecution, and imprisonment in addition to their detrimental affects on society.

Death Penalties do not deter. Laws do not deter. Those who commit crimes do so out of external stimuli and circumstances that mold their drives and determination. By addressing the root underlying cause of such things, we can easily solve them.

Until humanity moves away from the primitive system of justice that embraces torture and death in order to pay for a crime, we will not see pain and suffering decrease elsewhere. Justice is served when a crime is prevented through the adequate intervention of our society which addresses the underlying issues. Justice is served when a victim is honored through the saving of another life and the salvation such forgiveness receives.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Until humanity moves away from the primitive system of justice that embraces torture and death in order to pay for a crime, we will not see pain and suffering decrease elsewhere. Justice is served when a crime is prevented through the adequate intervention of our society which addresses the underlying issues. Justice is served when a victim is honored through the saving of another life and the salvation such forgiveness receives

Primitive system of torture and death in order to pay for a crime? Why did the boy kill the 2 year old in the first place? Why did a 2 year old have to die? What kind of monster can take another persons gift of life from them in the first place? The problem is western society is too lenient on these deviants and so they as a whole learn nothing at all except that they can live on the graces of society for murdering someone. This 2 year old child will never grow up, or have a 16th birthday, never drive a car or have his/her first love, or first kiss or anything because all this kid could have been has been stolen and leaves a family that will never have closure. So not only do we have a murder happening but theft of a life that will go unlived. Forgiving is one thing, but there should be punishment that fits the nature of the crime.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

eh its ok i was more confused then angry i figured i might have gotten something in my link wrong and didn't link the story in the part u were replying to and admittedly i was kinda drunk when i was posting it so with all the spelling errors and my complete and total lack of punctuation probably didnt help matters,we all make mistakes especialy when the issue at hand is soo tragic it can make gut reactions and comments happen due to the over all horribleness of the story good looking out, more directly on topic i do think from what ive read that they will reduce the charges and i am pretty confident the mother will be doing more time (and rightfully so) then her child christian i just hope her other kids in foster care end up some where safe and dont end up in some hole of the system

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join