It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what happened within my own town. Burned cars enough?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
From the Union democrat Dec.1st, 2011
www.uniondemocrat.com...

"Three Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office patrol vehicles were badly damaged this morning when they were deliberately set on fire, according to Sheriff Jim Mele.

The Sonora Police Department received emergency calls around 3 a.m. about a fire in the parking lot behind the Sheriff’s Office administration building on Yaney Avenue.

Mele said a deputy who was in the office at the time went to check on some strange noises he heard and saw several vehicles “fully engulfed in flame.”

The Sonora Fire Department arrived on the scene shortly after and extinguished the blaze before any damage to the Sheriff’s Office building or surrounding homes could occur, Mele said.

“We were very fortunate nobody was hurt and no residences or structures were lost,” he said.

Mele said Sheriff’s Office investigators discovered once the fire was put out that a private car belonging to an unknown person was parked between two Sheriff’s Office patrol cars.

Investigators found evidence that gasoline was poured on the private car and the three patrol cars, along with six others in the parking lot that weren’t ignited, Mele said.

“This was a deliberate act,” said Mele.

The Sheriff’s Office has put in calls to state and federal authorities to help with the investigation and determine whether this could be considered an act of terrorism against the department, according to Mele.

The Sheriff’s Office has no leads on a suspect, but are scanning videos from surveillance cameras in the area, Mele said.

“Obviously this was someone who was very angry or upset at the Sheriff’s Office,” Mele said.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have a couple theories but mostly leaning towards someone with a particular local grudge. Seems most plausible.

can't see mini-false flag as a reality, nor "terrorist".

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I smell insurance fraud. No one would be that brazen to get to to all three cars without being heard. Sounds improbable anyhow imo.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It used to be that this would be seen as arson or maybe even something like willful damage.

Now the label can be terrorism and they will be treated as terrorists even if it's just a bunch of kids out on a drunk. No lawyer, no trial and jailed indefinitely.

That word "Terror" is mighty powerful these days.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Now they brought in FBI agents for it and they DID officially call it an act of terrorism now and the damage toll is 8 cars now of heat damage.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
What no video cameras of the parking lot? I thought all PD were covered now.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It used to be that this would be seen as arson or maybe even something like willful damage.

Now the label can be terrorism and they will be treated as terrorists even if it's just a bunch of kids out on a drunk. No lawyer, no trial and jailed indefinitely.

That word "Terror" is mighty powerful these days.

I have an interesting little story for you.

I was delivering flyers one day in a neighbourhood that happened to have a federal building.
I finished my route at the fed building waiting to get picked up.
I put down my bag to take a leak in the bushes just inside the fed's area.
A couple security guards on bikes come over to ask me what i'm doing.
I tell them the truth. They can see i'm no threat but tell me to leave the premises.
I ask in a joking manner "whats the worry about a guy taking a piss in the bushes?"
he replies "you could have been an Al-Qaeda terrorist"
I instantly looked at the guy thinking like "holy crap, we are ALL potential terrorists to every guard and cop"
I fake laughed and said, "do I look like a terrorist?" to which he says, "you never know".

I just walked away thinking ------->
....then....
....finally

i'm pretty sure it's in their training manual or he wouldn't have said anything remotely close to that.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Our town more relies on brand new fancy police Chargers than security cameras.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Wow.. This is disturbing. A total of 8 cars now is certainly in the dollar ranges to be called domestic terrorism, no question. I certainly hope there were no Occupy people within blocks of this place at the time it happened. Looks like Occupy Sacramento would be the 'local' one(or Stockton? how many Depts get called up there?) and they have had some rough contacts with the Sheriff's office. No suggestion it's them...and I don't know anything more than a hope it isn't.....just the thought that some odd ducks exist that can do some downright unpreditcable and disturbing things thinking it's for a cause.

As far as terrorism, why wouldn't this fit? It's kinda hard to remember at times these days, but prior to 9/11, the whole concept of international terrorism was really a distant and academic fear. 1993 was a chinese fire drill (no offense to victims). So the terrorist groups were Earth Liberation Front or Animal Liberation Front.....Christian Identity or the old version of the Black Panthers...

There have been plenty of real terrorists grown right here at home before the government screw ups turned nightmare of Oklahoma City, Ruby Ridge and Waco. Quite lethal and capable ones, too. They just don't have the fame and glamour of the International Arab Terrorist stereotype. Bad P.R..

edit on 6-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: added comment on Stockton

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Get use to it for if "your not one of them your one of them others and they do not like them at all" in other words if your not FED or PD, or GI you are a terrorist until proven other wise you know guilty till proven innocent, for they do not know you nor your attentions you could have been planting some thing nasty there ie explosives or looking for a spot that has no cam to it, any thing that does not fit in SOP gets them really jumpy.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Is it wrong of me to applaud the burning of corruption?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Is it wrong of me to applaud the burning of corruption?

I think it's exceptionally dangerous to applaud something that is pushing police deep into a corner they feel under siege in. This has happened before in other cities and with other departments over the years. It never ends well. The last thing we need are cops out there feeling even more hostile to the public than they already are....and with reason after a thing like this.

You can bet there isn't a cop in the United States who hasn't heard about this story and with some details within a couple days. It's never a good thing for that line of work to be on edge or outright pissed..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Then they shouldn't give us a reason to be pissed.. As above, So below.

If police still had integrity, something like this would have been prevented.

You will reap what you sow, do good then receive my help and hope, do bad.. don't expect me to be Mr. Nice guy.

I'm one of those guys who does not care if you a homeless person or the president.

nobody is superior, however, those who do wrong are inferior and deserve to be wronged.
edit on 6-12-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Then they shouldn't give us a reason to be pissed.. As above, So below.

You have a perfectly good point on the cases of abuse. We have the shooting of Olsen and the sadist peppering the UC Davis students as real iconic images and events of the movement thus far. They show just how far it's getting and it's happening far more often WITHOUT the provocation than many of us in the public are comfortable with. In fact, it's getting to be downright standard operating procedure, where once it was rare.

On the other hand, this could be a local wife beater who got his tail pounded by a couple deputies and he wanted payback. Hard to say. There is a Department in Southern California that has been under hit and run attacks for a long time now.

I just wonder what the provocation of local authority is going to accomplish? The problem is still not there...so if this was a political thing and not a criminal pulling a new crime to add to his distinguished career out of anger, then it's terrorism and it'll just make the cops that much worse to everyone. Never a good outcome, IMHO.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It was not long ago that this would be considered the act of an idiot with a grudge...Now it's a terrorist attack.

Good god, if I fart near a cop will I be accused of biological warfare?

Who ever did this, will be charged with a serious crime. They should be charged with Arson, destruction of city property, Vandalism etc....

But terrorism is too much. I think anyway.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
People don't see it now (except maybe here) but the whole terrorism label is part of an agenda to pit police and military against citizens. Right now they know many would not fire on citizens if it came down to a revolt but as things get worse and more and more people find themselves in dire straights more crap like this will stat happening. And they will use this terrorist crap to divide and conquer.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
(nudge nudge) To Washington.....not city hall. Change in the United States will *NEVER* happen from the bottom up, It has to go from the top down. One of the single most important and defining events of the Civil Rights movement which deed succeed in changing the entire American society was the speech of Dr. King and the sheer numbers of people who had come together to hear the speech and take part.

Challenging the cops just won't pay...it will hurt. Nothing gained... but 100,000 people pitching a tent across the grass areas of D.C. would lead the news in every capital of every nation on Earth.....and MOST of the major population centers outside of that. Change might come that way, not torching cop cars.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

well it is the way of the land now, just think S1867 passes just for saying "being charged with a terrorist act is a bit much" would and could list you as terrorist.

join