It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some of your best memories of 2011. Stars for answers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hi all, 2011 is coming to an end and I thought it would be fun to share some of your favortie memories from your life from this past year.

One of the memories I will cherish for a very long time was in July. I was outside playing baseball with my 4 year old daughter. I would throw her the ball and she would hit it, and then she would pretend to run the bases while doing her own play by play. The thing that makes this memorable was that it was the first time she hit the ball over our backyard fence. The fence was about 25 feet away from where she was standing. The look on her face was priceless. She circled the "bases" shouting home run home run home run. It is very hard to put into words how happy I was to see her have this moment.

During the begining of January during a blizzard I got called out to work. I am a paramedic by the way. The call was for a woman 9 months pregnant who was in labor. She was not able to drive and her husband was stuck out of town due to the blizzard. She lived about 5 miles out of town and it took us close to 30 minutes to get to her because the visibility was so bad. When we got there we realized that she was in active labor and we decided that we would probably not make it to the hospital in time, and we also almost got stuck on our way there and the last thing we wanted was to get stuck with her in the ambulance trying to get to the hospital. My partner acted as coach and I assisted with the delivery of the child. I say assist because all I really did was catch, clear out the babys airway and make sure it was well. It was a baby boy, very big, with very large lungs. My partner called our dispatch center and explained we delivered the child on scene but we needed to be sure we could get mom and baby back to town and to the hospital. Dispatch was able to send a county snow plow to our area and we followed it back to town. It was the first time I ever delivered a baby. It was an amazing feeling.

Your turn ATS, how was this year for you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My best memory of 2011 was seeing System of a down live.
my worst memory was the Japanese earthquake/tsunami
and all the birds who died from "fireworks"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Best memory: Finding out we got Osama
Worst memory: Finding it out it was all a lie... Thanks ATS!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In 2011 - Moved to Lubbock, TX, started goin out with my girlfriend who is a grad student at Texas Tech, a nympho and also bisexual (dated girls and guys) and is in to threesomes. I can die a happy man

Also - That "haboob" here was craaazy

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Seeing my son graduate high school.
My son's 18th birthday in Vegas.
My wife getting her U.S. citizenship.
Fat bonus (although the government took a huge chunk of it).
Seeing my grandmother turn 99, after breaking a hip, and she's up walking.
Apparently Bin Laden was killed.
Cool space discoveries.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Nice
sounds like you had a good year.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Best Memory : ______
Worst Memory : ______

Sadly both have to be censored in order to stay within the T+C.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
In 2011 - Moved to Lubbock, TX, started goin out with my girlfriend who is a grad student at Texas Tech, a nympho and also bisexual (dated a lot of girls) and is in to threesomes. I can die a happy man

www.youtube.com...

I just left Lubbock a few years ago.

Those dust storms happen every year. You will get used to them.
They call it the 'windy city of the South' for a reason!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Lol, well then if I am thinking in the right direction in regards to your best memory I am going to have to say pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Hawking
In 2011 - Moved to Lubbock, TX, started goin out with my girlfriend who is a grad student at Texas Tech, a nympho and also bisexual (dated a lot of girls) and is in to threesomes. I can die a happy man

www.youtube.com...

I just left Lubbock a few years ago.

Those dust storms happen every year. You will get used to them.
They call it the 'windy city of the South' for a reason!

Well we got dust storms about twice a week in May and June but this one blocked out the sun and it was pitch black for about 15 minutes - straight up night time. There were a few threads here about it, it was nuts.

But if they happen annually-ish then I'm lookin forward to the next! Felt like the apocalypse

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
best memory- playing some board games with my son that we both actually wanted to play (as opposed to the kid ones that I play with him because he wants to).

worst memory- I have a bad memory. Apparently Ive had fun with my son that I don't remember like gone fishing, we have a pole I don't remember getting and he said I was pretty bad at fishing (I believe this one since I don't fish)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wife and I hit our tenth this year ( together almost 15 )

other then that
Not best memories but
Skyrim came out
Minecraft 1.0.0 (went gold) ( didn't make it to minecon though )
Wife plays video games as well, so that's why those are there.

other stuff this year
Helped out my neighbor a lot and learned some stuff about her
that I wouldn't have guessed or known other wise ( mind you she's 86 now )
Found out she tells everyone that I'm her friend and bodyguard,

Seen some neat movies, watched Game of thrones
read a few books.
My cat still snuggles up to me at bed time like he did when he was a kitten.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Very good year here in NJ/NYC...

Best Personal Memory -- My wedding day 7/17/11 ... what a blast... our reception was a-typical... in fact it was on al fresco the rooftop of a night club on the beach in NJ ... no sit down dinner (and no table assignments to argue about!) ... just amazing food, fantastic friends and kick ass house music all night!

Best thing i went to ... WMC/Miami Music Week 2011... namely Swedish House Mafia Masquerade Motel Miami 03/26/2011 ... talk about CHILLS! Can't wait to see them at MSG next Friday night. For anyone who hasn't heard these dudes, you're missing out.

Best thing at work ... promoted 2 times this year and about to score a 3rd come January 1st... been with the same company for 6 years and as I'm sure any of you can agree it feels great to be appreciated in the workplace.

Best thing i found on the web? ATS ... I'm so grateful to have found this community... i don't feel like such a crazy person after all!!

2011 was definitely the greatest year of my life... now i have to top it in 2012!

Safe and Happy Holiday Season everyone!

AJ

edit on 12/6/2011 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Dat time wen da aliens invaded and we asked them if dey'd luv us 4ever and dey said 'no" so we erased our memries of dem and den dey said "bbz I ment 2 say i love you 5ever" (cuz dats more den 4ever).

Star dis if u cry evry time.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Dat time wen da aliens invaded and we asked them if dey'd luv us 4ever and dey said 'no" so we erased our memries of dem and den dey said "bbz I ment 2 say i love you 5ever" (cuz dats more den 4ever).

Star dis if u cry evry time.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

And dat time you drunk 2 much cheep wisky and posted on ATS

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
August 7: Gold hit $1,700 an ounce

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Did they take all the dictionaries too????

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The best part of this year for me was spending time in Eastern Russia, around Vladivostok for the past several months. I was doing some business there but it was real peaceful and there was a lot of down time. I spent a lot of time outside the town scrambling around the rocky, misty coves and pockets of green, catching up on my reading, doing a lot of posting on ATS of course. Visiting old friends who live in the area, or just to sit and hear the slap-slap of that cold northeast pac water against the sea-rounded rocks. The air was fresh, I was in good company and able to wax philosophical. I've rambled on for now to differnt shores, but that long interlude was the greatest and just what I needed after a long crazy summer. No news is good news, people. No news is good freaking news.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Going through a little over 600 rds of 7.62 ball/tracer mix on one mission

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskad

Seems like that would be fun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join