It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why wont the world just end already

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dankety

I understand how you feel. At least there was still some innocense when I was growing up, some feeling of safety but the whole world feels like it's just gone completely insane. Every day we get worse and worse news, this tax and that legislation, this murder and that nuclear explosion, this earthquake and that tornado, this scandal and that attack on liberty. It may not get better till people truly rise up and overthrow the slavedrivers running the show. They have amassed so much power as to make it seem like an impossible task. I have always believed in Divine Providence, but this feels like the Dark Night of Everybody's Spirit.
Take heart though and know you are not alone.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I have struggled from depression since a very young age and meditation helps a ton, i use to use it when i was younger but its like i forgot how to. Depression is like a giant hammer that's knocked a chunk of consciousness out of my brain.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ah the good ol -my live is a giant turd- feeling. Lucky there is music to assist. Here's one from the psyco's. Great music and maybe, just maybe a smile to go with it.

YAY!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I don't want to give advice, but I gotta ask. Have you tried to do anything to fix the situation? I don't mean by rising up against TPTB, but I mean in relation to those thousands of people suffering and starving. Perhaps the answer to your malaise is in the statement of it. If you are sick about that, do something about it. You clearly want to help people, go and help people, and not by aggression, or competition, or violence. Your young. You have time to try and make things better through earnest effort.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dankety

You may not even realize how much of your depression may be holding world karma. We are in the age of the Kali Yuga. Meditation is a positive step, and believing that there is a God who loves you and cares for your soul no matter what is a very important thing. Yoga means Union. The purpose of yoga is to bind or yoke one's soul to the Divine, to the Creator. Try some yogasanas if you are so inclined.

I was watching the Lord of the Rings series recently and imagine you are Frodo the Hobbit and you must carry the ring to Mt Doom and throw it into the fire to neutralize it's evil. Do not give up but carry the burden knowing evil will be overcome in the end.
edit on 5-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dankety

i think you are concentrating to hard on the bad things, the bad things stick out and you fail to see what is good, and therefore do not see the point.

i have been there to, many people have, you are not alone.

the important things is start looking around you and your own life and start notcing the good things, the things that make peoples lives better or make them smile and feel happy. depression is basically an inbalance of focusing only on the negative things around you or that happen to you or others and feeling a sense of hopelessness.

seeing the negative things around you is not a bad thing, you have to see the negative inorder to be aware there is a need to try and make things better, if we all saw roses everyday then we would all probably be unaware there was even a problem. so now you know you can be the change you want to see.

donate, say goodmorning to the loner at work who everybody hates etc, make the world a better place by doing what you can to make somebodies day or to make them smile.
and start notcing the good things people do and say to people or you, start noticing the good things that people do around the world to help those who are suffering.

it is better than giving up and you will be helping to make the world a little better.

edit on 6-12-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join