It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is who is to blame for the whole mess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I recently heard a quote that got me thinking as to how we let the world get into the mess it is in.

"With no power, comes no responsibility"

This has many layers of truth.

I have come to the thought that the reason why everyone keeps saying, there is nothing I can do.
There is nothing anyone can do, because the corrupted are too powerful.

This makes it easy, how can someone feel responsible for something, if there is nothing that they can do.

It is not true.

It is everyones fault, who is old enough to realise the way things are.

We all let the problems get this big. Apathy, inaction, lazyness, distractions, and life.
These things cause us to avoid our own guilt in this.

If something is wrong, you have to find a way to fix it.
If you don't it is called apathy.

If something is causing other harm you do something.
If you don't it's called inaction.

If something can be changed for the better, you change it.
If you don't it's called lazyness.

If you realise what is wrong, you do something about it.
If you won't because you are too busy, these are distractions.

If everything can be better, it is called life.

I know people feel like they can't do anything, and that let's them off the hook in their mind,
but it is just a lie. Lie to yourself, but don't blame anyone else if the world goes to garbage.

You can't blame the government, if you never stood up to it.
You can't blame wall street, if you never looked into how it worked.
You can't blame the banks, if you didn't say anything about it until it is too late.

"With no power, comes no responsibility"

We have always had the power to change things, to make things better.
When something is important, you find a way.
So find your way.
edit on 5-12-2011 by KingAtlas because: G&S

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I don't want to misdirect your thread, but that quote is literally the quote from the "Spiderman" movie in reverse.

"with great power comes great responsibility"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

haha thats exactly what i was going to say

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It is everyones fault

you got it. Thank you for not blaming everyone else.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
With great posting privileges comes great responsibility...to not make garbage threads.

Just another thread to shill for the bankers and their employees that parade around as public servants, while trying to blame those that are powerless for everything.

How lazy, ignorant, and bloody dishonest.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

It is hardy shilling for the bankers, I believe, last time i checked, they are incuded in everyone.

Perhaps you can continue to delude yourself into believing you are powerless.

You are not powerless. You never have been.
You have a voice. You have an opinion. You have the right of free speech.

You can change things.

I am not an optimist, I am a realist.

In reality we all have the power to make the changes we want.
No magic needed.

You just have to work at it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The real problem is now, and always has been, that the truth and facts are hidden. Every election, every opportunity to vote has seen massive lying, corruption, voter fraud, misdirection and outright manipulation.

How can anyone ever know, or have known, who the right leaders were and are, when the truth about their agenda, lives and platform are all fake? Answer me how does anyone ever decide what is true when the lies are so thick and fast?

Responsible? No, too trusting of what they are fed.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
With great posting privileges comes great responsibility...to not make garbage threads.

Just another thread to shill for the bankers and their employees that parade around as public servants, while trying to blame those that are powerless for everything.

How lazy, ignorant, and bloody dishonest.

OP has a point.

Are you using a computer?

Think of what has gone into making it,your personal responsibility of hurting the environment.

Are you Using Money?

Your responsibility of playing into the financial game.

Using Electricity?

More Harm being done to the environment,in the name of Human progress.

But dont let any of it stop you from lambasting the OP,because you are oh so righteous.

It sounds to me you would rather blame the BANKERS for society letting the BANKERS do what they do.

Sorry,society is at blame also.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The problem is in a lack of understanding. Most people don't even know how to effect real change in the systems around them. They have become so used to corruption, lies, unethical business and political practices etc that they just accept it, and keep on doing what they've always done. The bills must be paid, I must put food on the table, I pay taxes, so it's the government's fault... It's frustrating for everyone.

It is a vicious circle of everyone blaming the next guy... The People want changes but don't know how to do it; The Political systems want the People to do what they should to effect changes; The Bankers want the Governments and People to get their acts together so they can stay in business; The Corporations just want to make their stock holders money so they can stay in business; and of course the Shady Crooks involed in all aspects listed previously want to steal money from everyone.

It's a cluster f*** for everyone, except those making the big money, and most of them like things just the way they are.

What we need is a good anti-virus to clean up the whole corrupted mess. Creating something that addresses all of these issues will fix the problems.
edit on 6-12-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainKostr

I agree with you CK, understanding, or lack of, is the problem.

Although ignorance isn't an excuse either. The knowledge is everywhere, everyone on here has access to the internet. Anything you don't understand can be found on there.

As for the anti-virus, that is what I was saying, it is up to everyone to find different ways. There is no one solution.

When more and more things start to get worse, more people will start to act on what they already knew to be wrong.

It is hard to act, I know.

But you can't change anything if you don't do anything[/i

*add* not aimed at you CK, just a general response
edit on 6-12-2011 by KingAtlas because: add

new topics

top topics

join