It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is it worth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How much is it worth to anyone per month to be sure that if anything happened such as earthquake, terror attack, bad weather ect. to know that a team is coming to bring you food, water and other basic supplies. If the area is to hot then the team would also insure extraction from the area. The service would also include training and enough supplies to make it until the team could arrive (within 72 hrs). This is a test to evaluate interest in such a service. This is possible, and can be much more efficient than FEMA if done correctly. Thank you for your input, and let the inferno begin

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Not worth anything to me.
I'm pretty much ready for anything.
When disasters do happen in our neck of the woods, the city folk and the yuppie filled subdivisions get the immediate attention, us remote people are used to being at the end of the line.
We just deal with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by uspatriot109

Not much, if anything. In that type of scenario the investment should be made in being prepared, having plans and executing against them. I would far rather have a model where I made investments in preparing family, neighbors and friends to work collectively than to sit back and assume that some unknown entity is going to toss their cape on and save me.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I fully understand that kind of situation, I have lived it all my life but there are those that havent had the time, resources or training formal or informal to sustain themselves in such a situation. Those are the people we are interested in. However thank you for your input.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Why don't you do both? Guide people to prepare for themselves while also being able to get them supplies within 72 hours? You would double your market. Don't limit yourself.

Edit: Don't let people tell you what they want to pay, convince them what they want to pay. Per month charge, although guaranteed income monthly for you, wouldn't appeal to me if I was not prepared. Yearly fee would be better. Plus if you collect for the year and something happens 2 months later, you just made 10 months fee.
edit on 5-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That is a great idea, and it does say in the above post that training is included. We would make it as inclusive as possible and the training would be hands on in the field, not just a book or web page! Communications would also be a big issue and we already have plans for that also. Thanks for the input!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
LEVEL 1- Support Roll - Prep phase-
1. Train client in survival skills in urban and rural areas. ( fire starting, water acquisition and purification, shelter building and security, food storage and prep, and basic hunting skills)
2. Provide client with enough storable food and water for seventy two hours at a rate of 1500 to 2000 calories and 1.5 gallons of water per 24hr period.
3. Advise client on meassures to take and items needed before any event.
4. Moniter weather, news (tv, radio, and internet), and earthquake activity on a local and national level 24 / 7 and alert client to any possible situation.
5. MOST IMPORTANT practice not just read, some people have very little idea just how difficult it is to do some of the things that would be required in a life altering event such as using a bow drill to start a fire, acquiring water one drop at a time, etc.

Support Roll-Event Phase-
1. Alert client of possible foreseeable event such as inclement weather, flooding, etc. and begin mobilization of team to an area closer to what will become the hot zone or epicenter of the event.
2. Deliver 7 days worth of supplies to client or clients after the event within a 72 hour window and establish communication by whatever means deemed neccesary by the team and the client.
3. Evaluate any medical needs of client or clients and provide basic level care on site, extract any persons with injuries that present a life threat to the closest functioning care facility.
4. Continue communication with and restocking of client until proper transportation routes and power are restored

This is a preview of what we had in mind for the lowest level events.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What if, instead of having pre-programmed items that people can order as part of their "kit", you let them pick and choose what they feel they need for their own comfort if TSHTF. All the kits that are out there seem to be 90% bunk and not suited to what I would want or need. If, however, I were allowed to pick and choose (kind of like substituting on a menu) I would be more apt to actually order something. 1) I am spending time actually thinking about it. 2) I am tailoring it for what I believe I would need. (don't we all know better than anyone else. 3) for God's sake, please accept paypal.

Edit: 4) they would get the most "bang" for their buck if they can choose the items based on need and cost.
edit on 6-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join