It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every night I..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Every night whether I've just come home from work, or my boyfriend has just left - I do the same basic things every night and actually find myself looking forward to them.

I'll start with eating something small at around ten, playing wii or my ds - right now TOTALLY addicted to Donkey Kong Country! I'll read the book that I'm currently into - right now it's The Blooding by Joseph Wambaugh. Then I'll bust out my X-Files DVDs and watch a couple until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. After that I'm off to snuggle in bed while listening to either WNYC Radio Lab or Freakonomics podcasts until I pass out with my ear buds in. (Usually super painful in the morning if they've been in all night!
)

I have to do this EVERY night. It's always the same. Sometimes I find myself wishing my boyfriend would leave! LOL. Of course I don't really - but I find comfort in my ritual.. sometimes just want to jump right in.
(Not that I don't find comfort in his arms.. I love him to death.)

Does anyone else have a nightly ritual? Would be interesting to hear some other members nightly schedule!

OR while we're at it - if anyone has some podcasts that are worthwhile - preferably science based, or ATS-like, PLEASE give suggestions. I'm running out of them and they only update once in awhile.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The only thing I do EVERY night is pass out watching something on Hulu.com or SouthParkStudios.com

Always used to have to sleep with total dark and silence but the past 5 years or so I like sleeping with background sound/light

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have rituals in the evening as well, and I feel "off" if I don't do them. But then again, I have Asperger's and rituals comfort me. People with OCD also have the same need for sameness and doing things in the same order at the same time every day..

As long as your nightly ritual doesn't affect your personal life, there's not a darned thing wrong with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Hey where you at in West TX? I'm in Lubbock till I can afford to get out

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is impossible for me to develop any rituals with my mixed shift pattern, so I am actually quite envious. Then again I wouldnt be awake at stupid o clock (UK time) reading your post.

new topics

top topics

join