It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophiles: The Iron Curtain is dropping

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by silo13

I don't even know how brain damage could turn someone into a pedophile. But I could see a closet pedophile+ brain damage becoming an active pedophile. Kind of like a strictly monogamous person get's some damage to the brain and they become more promiscuous. It shouldn't turn them into pedophiles. Or maybe I am failing to understand something.

You're grossly misunderstanding the entire thing.

We know very little about the brain, and damage is random. Every damage to a brain damages different amounts didn't hemispheres.... the entire brain is used to make us function.

So brain damage can cause anything from not being able to move an arm to making bad decisions to changing favorite foods or colors, to changing sexual desires... to making people willfully amputate limbs for no reason...

It's like the brain works right when it's in 100% form. You damage it anywhere and you can have any problem you can imagine as your brain controls everything you do.

Or were you trolling?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
well it says in the Bible that in the last days all the sins of the wicked will be revealed ,seems like some of that might be starting to happen

I think it will too. I think people's awareness is increasing as time goes on and it makes it harder for the pedos to hide their activities.

Personally, I think the vibration of the planet is increasing (along with us) and this is why everyone's awareness is increasing also. To support my theory, I present this video. At the time (many years ago), people accepted it as "normal children's entertainment". Nowadays, people view it much differently...

edit on 8/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: changed video

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I don't see anything sexual about that video...

Also, how is homosexuality different from pedophilia? Pedophiles are attracted to children just like homosexuals are attracted to the same sex.

For some reason when people think of pedophile they think of rape... rape and pedophilia are two different things...
edit on 8-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Hahahah I'm so sorry I didn't mean it that way at all. I.took it for granted that you have some kind of training in psychology. You're right though, I'm not sure why I said that. You don't have to be one to understand one.

Did you see my posts about how some people can function normally even though they have been abused and others cannot? What is your take on that?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Did you see my posts about how some people can function normally even though they have been abused and others cannot? What is your take on that?

Human beings, and children in particular, are amazingly resilient. Many – probably most – of us can suffer almost unimaginable trauma and still function normally. There are plenty of war victims, concentration-camp detainees, people caught up in natural disasters, survivors of torture and rape and – yes– paedophile victims who live perfectly functional and normal lives. It doesn’t mean they don’t suffer, don’t have odd phobias or anxieties, are not plagued by horrible dreams and memories – but they manage somehow, and life goes on.

I suppose I have to say at this point, just to prove that I am not a child-abusing monster, that I do not believe this excuses child abuse or any other aspect of man’s inhumanity to man. What a bore to have to state it.

When I was about ten or eleven years old, I witnessed an act of child rape. The victim was a boy in my class at school. The rapists were two or three other boys from the same school, overage thugs who were allowed to remain on campus for a while after failing their final exams because they were sports champs whose performance helped the school up the league tables – school heroes, in fact, and about nineteen years old.

I was on my way home from school with two other classmates. We heard some funny noises coming from a room where sports gear was stored, peeped in and got the shock of our lives. We were spotted immediately and one of the rapists came chasing after us. We ran and hid, and later, when the tearful victim was making his way home, tried to comfort him and offered to report the perpetrators. He shook us off and told us that if we reported the incident he would insist that nothing had happened. I guess he was a bit more sophisticated in these matters than we were, though we were all, as I say, in the same class at school.

That boy later grew to be a champion sportsman himself. Today, he is a top-level executive in a big shipping firm. He was also, for some years, a serious alcoholic, though he seems to have got that under control now. He is married with children, and has a normal social life. What happens within the privacy of his home I have no idea, but to all outward appearances he lives a normal and successful life.

I don’t know any women who admit to have been victims of such abuse. In a fairly traditional society like the one I live in, such an admission is a terrible stigma. There is no doubt that it happens, and that it should not. But if child abuse were as widespread as the lynch-mob insists it is, it either does a lot less harm to its victims than the lynch-mob claims, or else it doesn’t happen as often as they claim. Otherwise, we’d be seeing regiments of broken child-abuse victims stumbling through the world, unable to function. We don’t.

In this context it is useful to note that the Freudian mechanism of repression appears not to exist. Survivors of any kind of trauma, far from blanking out what has happened to them, are often unable to suppress thoughts, visions or dreams of the traumatic event. Such are the standard symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. So those who claim that most abuse victims have repressed the memories of the abuse they underwent are talking through their hats.

edit on 8/12/11 by Astyanax because: of dashes and crosses.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Man that's a horrible thing to have witnessed. I still think it is ridiculous that victims of such crimes do not report it. I think that is society's fault for the way they make rape victims feel.

I agree. I think the lynch mob greatly overstates the frequency of things like this happening.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...
Now, more allegations have just broken against Robert "Bobby" Dodd who was the leader of a youth sports organization. The two men are saying they were abused when Dodd was a YMCA director. The abuse is alleged to have happened in the 1980s.

Ralph West is one of the men saying he was abused by Dodd and this is what he has to say:
(Quote]Asked what evidence he has, West said, "I'm the evidence. I'm not trying to gain anything out of it. It's not like, 'Oh, wow, here, let me go on national TV and humiliate myself and possibly embarrass my family and stuff so I can tell everybody this deep, dark secret that I've had.' The guy shouldn't be around kids any more."[/Quote]

Considering West's words, I hardly believe this is a witch hunt. He knows that many years have passed, but he just wants to make sure that this man, if found guilty, won't be free to hurt any more kids. He also says that the Penn State allegations prompted him to come forward.

This is exactly what I wrote this thread for. It's not about a witch hunt as some loud voices in this thread are trying to argue. It's about communicating and stopping these people so they can't hurt anyone else. This is the main objective.

According to the article I referenced above, the police in Tennessee and the Amateur Athletic Union have launched separate investigations. With two investigations going on at the same time, I'm sure they'll find out rather quickly if these men are telling the truth or not and put an end to this if it is a witch hunt -- although I seriously doubt it is. I'm sure it takes a lot of courage to come forward after so many years and open old wounds in the process. Like he stated, he doesn't have anything to gain.

In case anyone is interested in watching the video regarding these allegations, here is a video:
video.msnbc.msn.com...

Just to keep things updated, Sandusky's hearing is set for this Tuesday.
video.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

From the article you linked to:

The allegations were made amid child sex scandals at Penn State and Syracuse universities; both men told ESPN that the publicity from the scandals prompted them to act.

So they were motivated by publicity after all.

Asked what evidence he has, West said, ‘I'm the evidence.’

So it’s just his word and his pal’s against the word of the accused.

Additionally, we learn that the incidents took place a quarter of a century ago, that the accusers’ stories don’t match up too well, that their action began with an anonymous letter-writing campaign and that the man they accuse has a dreadful, life-threatening disease.

So no, no witch-hunt going on here at all. It’s all happening in the cause of justice and the public interest. So much so, in fact, that most of the quotes in the article are from a public-relations firm – one whose brief is to make sure the AAU comes out of this smelling of roses, while an elderly, dying man – who has not been charged with any crime – is hung out to dry in public on the basis of unsubstantiated allegations of events that may or may not have occurred, many years ago. It doesn’t matter now whether Robert Dodd actually did or did not do the things these men accuse him of; his career and reputation, as well as his life, are already ruined.

And you say there is no witch-hunt. What do you call this, then – a lynch mob?

In case anyone is interested in watching the video regarding these allegations, here is a video...

No, thank you. Paedophilia does not thrill me, neither does watching mob justice at work. I judge an interest in such things to be very unhealthy indeed.

edit on 10/12/11 by Astyanax because: of repetition.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I love the way you addressed the parts I already did and twisted them around. How do you know that this guy doesn't have some identifying marks on his body that only the victims would be aware of?

Also, the video is not about paedophilia. I was offering the video so you could listen and judge for yourself, but you aren't interested in that because you have your mind made up. It's not about getting sick people out of positions where they can hurt more kids. It's about shutting up and keeping quiet.

If the Penn State allegations made these men come forward, I say that's a good thing. Victims of sexual abuse need to feel that they aren't alone.

If states felt that it wasn't important that adults of childhood sexual abuse weren't important to listen to, they wouldn't have such a wide window in their statute of limitations.

You're obviously very concerned about the wellfare of paedophiles and can't get past the idea of people being falsely accused. I can't believe that you actually think people have nothing better to do than grow up to accuse people of sexually touching them and making up stories. Maybe you should write to your Congressman and suggest that the victims of paedophiles have until their 18th birthday to come forward. I believe this is what would satisfy you.

You also failed to comment on the fact that there are two separate investigations going on. Don't you think that these separate entities will be able to conclude if these allegations are true or falsified? Maybe you should have more confidence in our justice system. Even in Saudi Arabia, child rapists get a fair trial:
worldnews.msnbc.msn.com...
Then again, you probably think this girl was lying, too.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Here's a video you should watch, but you probably won't.
It's a recent news report about a woman who is being called a liar by her family. How devastating is that?
www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/12/10/peterson-sexual-abuse.cnn

I guess you sympathize with her stepfather and think she's a liar, too. Am I right?

If you listen to the prosecutor in the video, he says how difficult it is to prosecute these cases after so many years have passed. This is exactly why kids need to speak up when it's happening. They need to know that they aren't to blame. They need to know that there are people like you who are going to think they're lying, but they have to be strong so the monster who is abusing them can't hurt anyone else. So, please stop advocating that kids should be quiet by giving more support and respect to the abusers. They're doing enough damage on their own without your help.

Edit to Add: The woman in the video also states that the Penn State allegations are prompting her to speak out about her ordeal, too. Even though her stepfather has already been convicted, she wants other victims to know that it isn't their fault that this happened to them and to come forward.
edit on 11-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

How do you know that this guy doesn't have some identifying marks on his body that only the victims would be aware of?

If the accusers had any means of substantiating their allegations, they wouldn’t be saying to the media, ‘I’m the evidence.’

You're obviously very concerned about the wellfare of paedophiles and can't get past the idea of people being falsely accused.

I am concerned with justice and fairness. I am concerned with the preservation of a basic human right: the pre-judicial assumption of innocence. I am concerned that repressive laws should not be made, that social freedoms should not be infringed upon, and that the court of public opinion is not made the highest court in the land, as you would have it be. And yes, I would rather see a guilty person go free than an innocent one go to gaol.

You also failed to comment on the fact that there are two separate investigations going on.

It is irrelevant.

Don't you think that these separate entities will be able to conclude if these allegations are true or falsified?

It would make not a blind bit of difference. Public opinion – including, quite clearly, your opinion – has already tried and judged Dodd. Even if he is brought to trial and acquitted, do you think that will clear his name? Do you think CNN and the rest of the media are going to run big headlines and news stories about it? The acquittal of a suspected criminal is not news; at best it will get a half-column in the back pages of a newspaper or a fifteen-second flash on local TV. Most people will miss it, and go on thinking Dodd is a paedophile.

You have already participated in the assassination of a man’s character and the ruination of his career by spreading unsubstantiated rumours about him on the internet. That is a contemptible and profoundly evil act, one that does greater harm to humanity and society than any kiddy-fiddling sports coach ever could. Shame on you.

edit on 12/12/11 by Astyanax because: of tweaks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join