It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophiles: The Iron Curtain is dropping

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

brilab45,
I too know your pain. Unfortunately I am a male, and the stigma associated with such a violation is indeed a life long struggle. I was 12 years old when my brother a friend and myself happened upon people who were black and hated white people. This happened in the mid to late 60's during this country's racial unrest. I have been forever changed.

Later, as we were approaching home the three of us decided not to say anything about what happened. My friend was unable to hold his part of the deal. The police were called and the whole block watched the circus unfold. My friends dad was a vietnam vet and he was going nuts, screaming and waving his gun in the air as if he was trying to round up a possee. The three of us were taken to the coroners office only to be violated again, sperm samples from our private areas. In some way this was worse than the original event.

The real tragety in all of this is that my parents chose to never again speak of this matter. I am now 54 years old and am damaged goods. Unfeeling, uncaring and very cynical. I trust no person. I have not spoken to my brother in years. I rarly speak to my parents let alone see them, they live in another state.

I don't know about you but I was able to mask my pain growing up with alcohol and drugs. I really did not hit bottom until my mid forties. I did get therapy for a couple years and it did help me get all of the anger out My therapist specialized in PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). Maybe you could look into that. I still am unable to really feel anything for anyone.

For some reason only God would know is that I was able to build a successful business. You see I had a really hard time relating to any of my bosses growing up. I was able to channel my anger by being a workacholic. I was really running from my past by submerging myself in work.

I believe that this happens to more kids than anyone really knows. Those of us violated this way would rather not let anyone know. We live with this dark pain that to people who were not violated cannot understand. We are somehow "broken". I know that if anyone would have done this to my children I would have without any doubt been consumed with blind rage. I know that deep down I would have brought my own style of justice. Thank God that they wern't, at least to my knowledge. They turned out to be very good kids. No indication of any traumatic experiences.

Most live life, we the violated endure life.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scotticus prime

What a nightmare you've endured! Thank you for bolstering the fact that this crime is nothing short of a train wreck. The perp goes on with his life and his/her victims are left to pick up the shards of glass remaining.

Most live life, we the violated endure life.

Very well stated.
I hope one day you find the comfort and peace of mind you deserve.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have been working on a theory in my mind.What if satan was the first pedophile.What if he molested eve and the guardians of the den could do nothing to stop it.It seems to me that from that point on things would be corrupt for generations to come.
Now come to present day and what is taking place.The people of the world mostly want peace in this age.Most of us have been struggling to figure out what changes need to take place to transform this world into something of more peace and beauty.Look at the 11 11 11 events with so many people focused on the positive side and the biggest thing to happen at the time was the molestation revelations and still on going.
In mind mind it certainly fits the original sin.I believe that we should take this as a road sign and everyone should join in on recognizing and driving out this pattern of thought and action.It will be important to focus on the problem and not the victims.If my theory has any truth to it then we are all victims of this rot in one form or another.

edit on 7-12-2011 by deadeyedick because: video

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Thanks. You make a good point.

I hadn't considered that. I guess because I'm not a pedophile I can't really understand what goes on in their head.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

You may have something there, but I've never seen an artistic rendition of Eve as anything other than a woman. When I say "woman", I mean 17 or older in appearance.

I still believe that the Catholic church promoted child abuse because of their own greed. Priests used to be able to get married and have sex, but the church didn't like the fact that the priests' wills were focused on the family. To prevent this sinful act, they decided that priests should be chaste. This way, when a Priest died, everything he had went to the church. No wife and kids to leave money and property to = problem solved. Who cares if it caused even bigger problems?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

While you sit there ranting about these sick animals and how disgusting they are and how disgusting the crime is, how do you think that makes the victims of the crime feel? Or had you not considered that?

What if you got beat up and robbed on the playground and you came and told me and I stared crying and screaming and said you need counseling and you're screwed in the head for life?

That sensationalist attitude makes it worse for the victims than it already is.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by korathin

Kind of like a strictly monogamous person get's some damage to the brain and they become more promiscuous. It shouldn't turn them into pedophiles. Or maybe I am failing to understand something.

I think you're understanding this spot on.
Fact is the article linked is only ONE report of such an incident happening. Does that rule out others, of course not. But one is only, just one.
Beyond that?
Who's to say the individual didn't have 'tendencies' before the 'tumor'?
Like you pointed out - it would reason an individuals basic sexual tendency would be (presumably) increased by said tumor, not perverted into something it was not to begin with.

Five star post you got there.

peace

Your holier than thou attitude and overblown emotional response are getting in the way of your reading comprehension. Take a chill pill dude. There's no child rapists here and getting all bent out of shape over a news article is fruitless.

The point was not at all that all pedophiles have brain tumors. I am not sure why you went off on that tangent because I'm sure that you knew that. The point was that a change in brain chemistry can apparently cause pedophilia.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Are you professional spin doctor?

Disgust is the root word of 'disgusting'
www.thefreedictionary.com...

Disgust
1. To excite nausea or loathing in; sicken.
2. To offend the taste or moral sense of; repel.

I'm sure any victim will agree that they feel sickened by what's happened to them and will be comforted to hear that others feel the same about the crime and what's happened to them. I'm sure they have the comprehension skills to know that they aren't disgusting and understand that anyone stating that sexual abuse is disgusting are not including the victims with this adjective.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I would much rather see a guilty man go free than an innocent man go to jail any day.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Could you possibly supply us with a list of which crimes other than murder are worse than child abuse and rape?

mayhem
felonies leading to great bodily injury
torture
physical attack leaving permanent damage

I am no lawyer, so maybe there are others, but crimes listed are quite a bit worse than rape, IMHO.

How would you feel if your child was abused sexually and the abuser received a minimal sentence?

Depends on what exactly you mean by minimal sentence, and what kind of abuse it was.

I do consider rape to be on the level of a more serious battery. I also do believe that laws against physical assault and battery are relatively too forgiving, especially in cases of no permanent damage, so take that into account.

Child abusers should be castrated as should rapists! And I know the argument that castration doesn't get rid of the urge but if they are castrated AND given life sentences with NO chance of parole what is the probability that that person would abuse or rape again?

Do you support life sentences in case of non-sexual abuse? Or is it just an example of unsubstantiated moral outrage because there is sex involved?
edit on 7/12/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/12/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There's no child rapists here

Wow. Just wow.
Where in your mind can you even rationalize this?

In a thread where we've read personal accounts of abuse from victims and you can honestly say that not ONE paedophile has visited this thread. Your thinking is obtuse and not realistic.

I hope a few child rapists have read this thread and are starting to have nightmares about being in prison.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm sure any victim will agree that they feel sickened by what's happened to them and will be comforted to hear that others feel the same about the crime and what's happened to them. I'm sure they have the comprehension skills to know that they aren't disgusting and understand that anyone stating that sexual abuse is disgusting are not including the victims with this adjective.

Your just guessing here and your logic doesn't take into account all aspects of the true nature of these actions.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

mayhem
felonies leading to great bodily injury
torture

Child sexual abuse encompasses all of this and then some. That's why it is so horrible.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm saying that sensationalism is not going to help the victim recover from what happened to them. And when you tell someone they were involved in a disgusting act victim or not, you ARE calling them disgusting whether you want to or not. And as you said they probably are already disgusted, so how does that help.

There's no spin here. Its just that I don't try to play the holier than thou game and stand on my pedestal and act like I'm so awesome because I can overreact to a news article and talk about how disgusting people are.

Yeah I may be paying devil's advocate a bit, but I certainly don't think adult on child sexual activity is acceptable.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm sorry if you believe my logic is flawed, but being PC when describing such a crime is difficult to do. The victims must realize that they aren't disgusting. I can imagine how difficult it would be to not feel dirty after being abused, but it is a fact that many people are sickened by the crime and the criminals, not the victims involved. If the victims feel that they are gross and disgusting, it's a side effect of the crime and reinforces the fact that it a horrible crime causing lasting psychological damage.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

mayhem felonies leading to great bodily injury torture physical attack leaving permanent damage

I bet that this is more like the what came first the chicken or the egg.
Studies reveal that victims of abuse often grow up to be users and abusers.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

There's no child rapists here

Wow. Just wow.
Where in your mind can you even rationalize this?

In a thread where we've read personal accounts of abuse from victims and you can honestly say that not ONE paedophile has visited this thread. Your thinking is obtuse and not realistic.

I hope a few child rapists have read this thread and are starting to have nightmares about being in prison.

You missed the entire point of that post because you only read one sentence. Anyway, I'll make this one brief in case you read only one or two words.

There is no one here, only words. You don't know me and I don't know you. Only words on a screen.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm sorry if you believe my logic is flawed

I don't think it's flawed just incomplete.You see in mind i begin with the statement that all men are created equal.The struggle of ones soul becomes heightened with knowledge and delusion.
edit on 7-12-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I can overreact to a news article

At least I'm not downplaying this. Maybe you need to go back and reread my original post as well as the first page of the thread. I didn't start this thread based on ONE article.

If you believe that I really started this thread to be placed on a pedistal and believe myself to be better than everyone else, your wrong. Yes, I'm happy that I wasn't afraid to start conversation about this on ATS and I'm happy to advocate for bringing this crime into the open. I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be. I just want to see these criminals and their seedy underground put in the light where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Here is exactly as you stated above:
"Your holier than thou attitude and overblown emotional response are getting in the way of your reading comprehension. Take a chill pill dude. There's no child rapists here and getting all bent out of shape over a news article is fruitless.

The point was not at all that all pedophiles have brain tumors. I am not sure why you went off on that tangent because I'm sure that you knew that. The point was that a change in brain chemistry can apparently cause pedophilia."

Please show me how I misinterpreted your statement and only read one sentence.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join