It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophiles: The Iron Curtain is dropping

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Homosexuals do not rape their partners.

OK , then this is the problem. They are not doing it with agreement.

Then , how about new law to make and let the children agree about that ?

Is that what you will allow ?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I remember durring the two Correys they confronted each other about being molested and Correy Feldman came out with accusations. But unfortunatly he didn't name names.

Feldman on Peadophilia

Everywere pedophilia is rampant. This has to stop and hopefuly the perps will be prosicuted to the full extent of the law.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Here are some topics and statistics to read and consider:

www.yellodyno.com...

"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"

Pedophiles have a strong, almost irresistible, desire to have sex with children. The average pedophile molests 260 victims during their lifetime. Over 90% of convicted pedophiles are arrested again for the same offense after their release from prison.

www.mayoclinicproceedings.com...

National concerns about pedophilia have grown because of recent high-profile child abuse and murder cases and congressional sex scandals. Recent media attention by television shows such as To Catch a Predator has fueled fears about children's vulnerability to sexual offenders. Such attention has exposed a side of pedophilia that many did not want to acknowledge existed. A pedophile is no longer seen as the isolated “dirty old man” in a raincoat preying on unsuspecting children at the local theaters or the rare flawed priest abusing an altar boy. To Catch a Predator has exposed pedophiles as our friends, neighbors, and, with the recent allegations from the House of Representatives that a US congressman engaged in “cybersex” and possibly physical sex with underage congressional pages, even political representatives. As a result of this increasing attention to sexual abuse of children, many Americans, both inside and outside the medical community, are trying to define pedophilia, the characteristics of offenders, the frequency and course of pedophilia, and the treatments for both offenders and abused children.

According to a 2003 Report from the US Department of Justice, the recidivism rate is 5.3% for sex offenders, on the high end and 2.2% on the low end. The study actually states that "Compared to non-sex offenders released from State prison, sex offenders had a lower overall rearrest rate. "

It also stated that "Of the 9,691 released sex offenders, 3.5% (339 of the 9,691) were reconvicted for a sex crime within the 3-year followup period. "

Megan's Law, originally passed with the most noble of intents, has lost its original purpose, which was to track VIOLENT SEXUAL PREDATORS. Unfortunately the registries are now full of convictions outside of this crime such as; Public urination, exhibitionism, nudism, flashing, mooning, streaking, consensual sex, one time non violent offenders, etc..etc. If we were to remove all of those crimes from the registry then the true numbers would show, and would prove once and for all that the sensationalistic hysteria is unfounded. Our politicians love to show how great they are by touting the numbers of offenders in the registry, creating a false sense of security, in hopes of getting votes for being tough on child molesters.

Interestingly, other countries have used the US system for dealing with Sex Offenders as a model of what NOT to do. Studies have proven that by creating strict zoning laws and public registries that it tends to make the problem worse by encouraging offenders not to register.

SOURCE: bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov...

edit on 6-12-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

What is the way you propose to stop the crime ?

I mean , those people are just living among us , even in Iran . There is no serious way to stop this other than what we do in Iran.

Those lessons are widely taught and criminals remember what other people decided to be done in the society.

PS : I don't agree with those types of crimes and I don't like it to be legal , even in USA.

What I am trying to get here is that , as you have heard that some people come with the reason why they are allowing gays to be gays , you maybe hearing that Paedophiles are born Paedophiles. Then law makers will allow innocent children to marry Paedophiles in church.

It is very painful to think about it.

Then it will be a complete jungle in the universe.
edit on 6/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Here is just an idea , a sick one , but here it is : Like Gaga said , maybe they were born this way. I mean , they like kids instead of adult girl. Maybe it is time to be more open mind to let some groups be active about their right. What's the problem ? ( Like people are much open mind about lesbian and gays , it is another great step for American people to take toward Liberty )

?? yes..I'm sure that TPTB would love to get that idea brainwashed into society..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I'm proposing that we give strength to the victims by making it a more public discussion. The more it's talked about and the more victims step out of the shadows, it will become less and less.

As I already stated, I'm not condoning vigilante justice.

Knowledge and education erase fear. We have to depend on the victims to stop fearing and step up to the plate. There's nothing to be embarrassed about and they must know that their abuser will find more victims. Only the victims can stop this. I'm just allowing a place where it can be discussed. A place where strength and knowledge can grow.

This is why I don't want any defenses presented for pedophilia within this thread.
In my opinion, if they're guilty, they have no defense.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

From what age can people consent to sex with adults (and to other things like drinking, signing contracts etc) without it causing harm to their development and opening up possibility of exploitation is a matter of development (physical and psychological) and cultural environment. I think it should be around 14-15 years (of course with near-age exceptions so we wont criminalise sex between teenagers themselves).
I wont agree with law that would set it before puberty (the definition of pedophilia).

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Please. I've already stated that this is not anything I'd like discussed in this thread.
It's off topic and will do nothing except derail the main topic.
Please start your own thread about statutory rape and the age of consent. That has nothing to do with this thread.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm proposing that we give strength to the victims by making it a more public discussion. The more it's talked about and the more victims step out of the shadows, it will become less and less.

As I already stated, I'm not condoning vigilante justice.

Knowledge and education erase fear. We have to depend on the victims to stop fearing and step up to the plate. There's nothing to be embarrassed about and they must know that their abuser will find more victims. Only the victims can stop this. I'm just allowing a place where it can be discussed. A place where strength and knowledge can grow.

This is why I don't want any defenses presented for pedophilia within this thread.
In my opinion, if they're guilty, they have no defense.

I fully agree with you that this should be a more public discussion. However the fact that child molestation and sex crimes in general are not discussed is exactly because of the stigma society attaches to it. "oh no you were raped you wil never be the same again, you are screwed up for life, you might as well have been killed". With people acting like that, how comfortable would you feel telling someone you got bent over in an alley, or school, or prison, or daycare, etc. Especially for a child who can't even fully comprehend what's going on, as his parents are screaming and crying and acting like their child was killed. Its a lot easier to say you got the doodoo beat out of you than it is to say you got raped.

That is why sex crimes, whether to children or adults, are not a matter of public discussion at the moment.
edit on 12/6/2011 by dbloch7986 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

We have to depend on the victims to stop fearing and step up to the plate

It is not as easy as typing or saying it. This is a crime and some children don't like to be looked at like poor victim.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about and they must know that their abuser will find more victims.

This is just a sentence that fits into adult people's mind. Children don't care about others much. They think about their proud and innocence and this is what that prevents them from telling the truth to others.

Do you say that we should take that proud from them ? Children are much aware of the consequences of telling the truth better than adult people. The proud and innocence will be gone if they tell other people how they suffered. There will be more consequences in environment where children will be growing up. There will be a huge change and children can not take it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I can't even begin to wrap my head around how difficult it would be to come forward and report the abuse. At least certain states have a wide statute of limitations since most victims of childhood sexual abuse don't have the strength to come forward until they're an adult. Then, it gets too "perp said/vic said" and it's a lot more painful for the victim and to find definite factual evidence in the accusations to come to a guilty verdict. This is why it must be discussed more openly when the abuser is still young and the evidence and circumstances are as close as possible to the date of the incidents.

One book (also a movie) that I recommend people check out is Sleepers. It's supposedly a true story.
www.allreaders.com...
www.imdb.com...
Seeing as more and more children are being placed into privately run juvi facilities and other detention centers, these kids are also at risk of being sexually abused.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

From what age can people consent to sex with adults (and to other things like drinking, signing contracts etc) without it causing harm to their development and opening up possibility of exploitation is a matter of development (physical and psychological) and cultural environment. I think it should be around 14-15 years (of course with near-age exceptions so we wont criminalise sex between teenagers themselves).
I wont agree with law that would set it before puberty (the definition of pedophilia).

That is the issue. Those people like children under 14-15 and what can you do ? They were born that way ?

Maybe some sacrifice will be needed,

Damn , I hate typing these.

To the OP : Modestly , I think this discussion should be done here and others see what is beyond liberalism. This can be a part of your life in near future and maybe later will be late to discuss it.
edit on 6/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There will be a huge change and children can not take it.

So says you. Children a lot more resilient than you're giving them credit for.
It sounds as if you're advocating that sexually abused children should remain silent. Time doesn't heal these kinds of wounds when left untreated. They rot and fester.

This thread is about giving the victims the strength and knowledge to speak out against their abusers. If you don't agree with this tactic, you're free to go to another thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That is the issue. Those people like people under 14-15 and what can you do ? They were born that way ?

Of course they were born that way, sexual development is inherited. I dont see your point.

I support homosexual rights not because they were born that way (even pedophiles or psychopaths were born that way, and I would not support legalisation of pedophilic sex or murders). I support them on the grounds that homosexuality and homosexual sex is a victimless "crime". There is no victim, noone is harmed (who?).
With pedophilia, the child is harmed.

I would not agree with criminalisation of homosexuality even if it was a choice. I dont care if its a choice or not, altrough I think it is not, since thats what scientific evidence says.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

To the OP : Modestly , I think this discussion should be done here

As I already stated, you're free to start your own thread about this.
I highly recommend you do so. Any further discussion about this will be sent to the Mods for removal.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think you missed my point. It isn't the sex offenders that make it difficult for the victim to come forward, its the way society handles the crime.

Sex offenses have become the "well its not as bad as" theme of the day. Even prisoners have established a hierarchy based on sex offenders at the bottom. Murderers think they are better than rapists. Is ridiculous. Tell a rape victim that rape is worse than murder and they think they are better off dead and that is what has happened.

Somebody go ask a murder victim which crime is worse...oh wait.

Why put so much focus on sex offenses. Just treat them like any other crime with a living victim.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If a spate of recent allegations proves true, Hollywood may have a hideous epidemic on its hands. The past two weeks have brought three separate reports of alleged child sexual abuse in the entertainment industry.

Martin Weiss, a 47-year-old Hollywood manager who represented child actors, was charged in Los Angeles on Dec. 1 with sexually abusing a former client. His accuser, who was under 12 years old during the time of the alleged abuse, reported to authorities that Weiss told him "what they were doing was common practice in the entertainment industry." Weiss has pleaded not guilty.

All I can say is Yuck! What a high price to pay for fame...I guess thats where the phrase fame and shame come from...sicko!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

I see what you're getting at and I do agree with you to an extent.

One reason that sexual offenders may be at the very bottom of the "food chain" in prisons in because many of the prisoners may have been sexually abused as children, so they take out their pain on the most available guilty party.

I do believe that these crimes should be treated with the same respect that other crimes are, but I'd like to see it go a bit further where the state mandates psych assistance to the victims after they've testified. Just six months to a year. Since it's a well known fact that most people who sexually abuse children were victims of the same crime, giving the victims psych help might curb this side effect and we'd see this stop happening. It does seem to be a vicious cycle, so this needs attention, too.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As someone that was abused as a very young child, almost instinctively I said nothing, I can't say I even fully comprehended what was happening, it wasn't until I reached middle age that I realized the full impact it had on my entire life.

I hope all the names are revealed, boycott hollyweird.

Years ago people were made fun of for insinuating that Hollywood was producing movies, cartoons, commercials,and sitcoms with subliminal messages in them, I really didn't buy it back then but I believe it now.

I think this kind of behavior has become pandemic, something peculiar is happening.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I don't think any treatment should be mandated for victims of any crime. If I got mugged it would not change anyone's opinion or treatment of me. However if I got raped, everything about how people around me thought of me and acted towards me would change. That reinforces the psychological damage that the crime would give me. That's the difference between sex crimes in general and other crimes. I think less psychological damage would be done if the victim of a sex crime was treated just like the victim of any other crime instead of having their whole world turned upside down by those around them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join