It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophiles: The Iron Curtain is dropping

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I understand your point and you're entitled to it.
By no means am I starting a witch hunt. If anyone keeps up with the news and goings on during the past two months, there is most certainly a rise in the cases of SERIAL paedophiles being exposed. I'm not talking about the local news stories about one here and one there. Although there have been cases like that in my state, I'm talking about predators who have multiple victims. Innocents whose stories match and they've never met.

People don't realize that child sexual abuse victim can report characteristics that one wouldn't be able to report if the crime never happened. All of our bodies have distinct markings and only those who have been exposed to these body parts can truthfully say what a birth mark or mole looked like and where it was exactly.

For the last time, I'm not advocating for a witch hunt to happen. I don't want to see one unfolding. I just want the real boogiemen to be forced into the light. Make no mistake, they're there. It's just nice to see it being dealt with all at once in many avenues at once.

There has been a child sex abuse conspiracy for some years and until people start educating themselves and facing the truth, it will remain healthy and alive. Discussing this topic in a rational way is the best way to educate and inform. If you don't appreciate this thread and view it as toxic, you're free to feel that way and thanks for stopping by. Best wishes to you.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

One more thing, you stated:

in a culture that so idolizes and sexualizes youth.

who do you believe helped bring this about? The same people I'm talking about in this thread.
It's called conditioning, grooming, and brainwashing. Many children and adults have fallen into the trap.

When I worked in a mall a long time ago, they'd have these Little Miss competitions. It always made me ill to see all the older men on the second floor gawking at all the little girls below. I doubt these were the girls' fathers and brothers. They were mostly men who viewed little girls as attractive and made it a point to seek out these pageants when they were being held in public places where they could blend in with the crowd.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by djr0527

It's just the "boy cries wolf" thing that comes to mind. If you automatically label every incident of child abuse an epidemic that in turn down playes the image of a real epidemic if such is ever discovered. Certain religious faction comes to mind for example. If before that every incident was deemed an epidemic that might've had adverse effect on the response to the real thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

So, in your opinion, the windfall we're seeing now in the sports and entertainment industry is a mere coincidence? They're all incidents of "crying wolf"? There's this many people who were all able to come together in different parts of the country and point fingers all at the same time? Wow.

In case you haven't been following the cases as closely as others, many of the accusations we're seeing now were not in the media when they were first addressed. Many were buried, which we saw in Penn State and Syracuse University. Syracuse hasn't gotten as much attention as Penn State, so here is an article for those who aren't familiar: espn.go.com...

I know I didn't get all of these kids to come forward and I doubt any one person or small group is capable of making this avalache happen. It's been a growing snow ball for some time. I'm simply saying that it's about time that this was addressed on a grand scale.

Hopefully, if there is a person who is falsely accused, this will be discovered and their good name cleared. I don't want to see innocent people getting dragged into this. Sure, it's going to happen, but let's remember that eye witness testimony is the weakest form of evidence except in the event of child sexual abuse. Often times this will make or break a claim because a person has a tattoo and the child is unable to describe it when they should've been able to if they were abused by the person they're accusing.

Another thing that has kept child sex crimes in the dark is because of the trust and embarrasssment factor. Many victims are too traumatized and often can't even discuss the incidents with people close to them. Keeping quiet is just easier.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree that child molestation, sexual abuse and rape are horrible crimes.

That being said, the reason victims of abuse hold back open accusations against individuals is that in the absence of corroborating stories, there is no evidence to prove the individual being accused as guilty because of the lapse of time between the alleged abuse and the admission of it by the victim.

I disagree that sexual abuse towards anyone is the worst crime. I firmly believe the most heinous of crimes is the taking of a life without reasonable justification (such as defending one's own or another's life). Not to take away from the fact that sexual abuse in itself is a heinous crime.

I also firmly believe that pedophiles and rapists are a fringe group of society. I do not think there are as many as you would believe from the sensationalist media reports. I will reserve further comment until more facts come out because they may sway my opinion.

I think that the reason it does appear more rampant in areas such as the catholic church and hollywood is only because people who would take advantage of others are drawn to positions of power. I don't believe the abuse is restricted to children either.

Accusations of child molestation or abuse are a scary thing because people tend to jump to conclusions at the simple hint of an accusation, regardless of prevailing facts. The accusation alone, whether true or not, and even if you are found not guilty, can ruin a person's life. I agree with the person/people that the witch hunt mentality is quick to form in these cases. I think judgement by others should be reserved until guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Thank you.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by djr0527

It's just the "boy cries wolf" thing that comes to mind. If you automatically label every incident of child abuse an epidemic that in turn down playes the image of a real epidemic if such is ever discovered. Certain religious faction comes to mind for example. If before that every incident was deemed an epidemic that might've had adverse effect on the response to the real thing.

Define for me please in your opinion what constitutes a "real epidemic."

Definition from World English Dictionary:

World English Dictionary
epidemic (ˌɛpɪˈdɛmɪk)

— adj
1. (esp of a disease) attacking or affecting many persons simultaneously in a community or area

— n
2. a widespread occurrence of a disease: an influenza epidemic
3. a rapid development, spread, or growth of something, esp something unpleasant: an epidemic of strikes

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Rape (which includes rape of children) is a horrible crime, but it is not among worst crimes ever. It is somewhere on the level of a physical assault or abuse, IMHO.

Crimes such as hurting someone with long-term health consequences is worse. Murder is WAY worse. Some people should stop overreacting when it comes to this particular crime.

That said, it is sure great to see these criminals facing justice.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Rape (which includes rape of children) is a horrible crime, but it is not among worst crimes ever. It is somewhere on the level of a physical assault or abuse, IMHO.

Crimes such as hurting someone with long-term health consequences is worse. Murder is WAY worse. Some people should stop overreacting when it comes to this particular crime.

I fully agree. And I think the stigma society places on it (plenty of examples right here) does more damage to the victims of rape than the rape itself.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just in case some here may have missed the post

" To Whom It May Concern"

I thought I would place a link to it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After you have read it, I still ask for those who will to answer the questions I posed there.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Here is just an idea , a sick one , but here it is :

Like Gaga said , maybe they were born this way. I mean , they like kids instead of adult girl.

Maybe it is time to be more open mind to let some groups be active about their right.

What's the problem ?

( Like people are much open mind about lesbian and gays , it is another great step for American people to take toward Liberty )
edit on 6/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Okay....I'm a new poster here...I'm not sure if you are just "stirring the pot" or if you TRULY believe the statements you just made? On the level of physical assault...? Um, like punching someone in the face? Are you kidding me?

I think raping a child or raping anyone has plenty of long-term health consequences, referring particularly to mental health. "Some people" are entitled to the right to overreact (in your opinion) just as you have the right to be nonchalant about this particular crime.

However, with that being said I believe this thread is going in a weird direction as the original intention of the poster was to discuss bringing this crime to light...not the opinion of others about where it rates on the heinous scale.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Like Gaga said , maybe they were born this way. I mean , they like kids instead of adult girl.

Yes, thats most probably the case. It is surely not a choice.

Maybe it is time to be more open mind to let some groups be active about their right. What's the problem ? ( Like people are much open mind about lesbian and gays , it is another great step for American people to take toward Liberty )

The crucial difference is in informed consent. Homosexuals do not rape their partners.
edit on 6/12/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

There are soooo many things which I would truely like to say in reply to this post.

Almost all of them would get me banded for life from the site and some of them would get me locked up .

I quess it would be best for me to wish you a happy life and may God bless you.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by djr0527

Okay....I'm a new poster here...I'm not sure if you are just "stirring the pot" or if you TRULY believe the statements you just made? On the level of physical assault...? Um, like punching someone in the face? Are you kidding me?

I believe rape is comparable in severity to physical assault (tough not just punching someone, more like punching them repeatedly = beating them, with blood and such).

I think raping a child or raping anyone has plenty of long-term health consequences, referring particularly to mental health.

So does physical assault or abuse.

"Some people" are entitled to the right to overreact (in your opinion) just as you have the right to be nonchalant about this particular crime.

I agree.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Anyone who checks their state pedophile list will be stunned how many live near you...they are everywhere...we have one on our street several on the next street over and another few on the connecting street and hundreds just in our small town. The majority live near a park or school even though that is supposed to be illegal for them. It is a sad disgusting world and I fear for every little kid i see ride a bike down the street alone.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Stopping back in, I'm not happy with the direction this thread is taking.

It is not about how bad these types of crimes are compared to others.
The fact of the matter is is that this is one of the most heinous that has been swept under the carpet for way too long.

The worst thing about child sex crimes is that the abuser most likely has used trust to gain access to the victim. This leaves a very deep scar that doesn't heal easily. Many of us haven't been unfortuneate enough to have been a victim of a paedophile, but we've all had our trust in someone, usually a friend, broken on at least one occasion at some point in our lives. When it happens, it's like a punch to the gut. We feel like idiots when this happens. We ask ourselves how we didn't see this getting ready to happen. Then, we have to try to trust again.

Let's also try to refrain from discussing those who are going to be accused of these crimes when, in fact, they haven't done anything at all. This will happen, but my main concern are the guilty who are still walking amongst us. If you're more concerned with the innocents (and I don't mean the victims) who may be accused more than the ones who are hurting children, you have your priorities wrong.

Make no mistake. This is a crime happening on a global scale and needs to be addressed. If you believe paedophiles should be given rights and allowed to partake in these activities, you're free to start a thread about that, but I don't want to discuss it in this one. Thank you.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here are some topics and statistics to read and consider:

www.yellodyno.com...

"The serial killer has the same personality characteristics as the sex offender against children"

Pedophiles have a strong, almost irresistible, desire to have sex with children. The average pedophile molests 260 victims during their lifetime. Over 90% of convicted pedophiles are arrested again for the same offense after their release from prison.

www.mayoclinicproceedings.com...

National concerns about pedophilia have grown because of recent high-profile child abuse and murder cases and congressional sex scandals. Recent media attention by television shows such as To Catch a Predator has fueled fears about children's vulnerability to sexual offenders. Such attention has exposed a side of pedophilia that many did not want to acknowledge existed. A pedophile is no longer seen as the isolated “dirty old man” in a raincoat preying on unsuspecting children at the local theaters or the rare flawed priest abusing an altar boy. To Catch a Predator has exposed pedophiles as our friends, neighbors, and, with the recent allegations from the House of Representatives that a US congressman engaged in “cybersex” and possibly physical sex with underage congressional pages, even political representatives. As a result of this increasing attention to sexual abuse of children, many Americans, both inside and outside the medical community, are trying to define pedophilia, the characteristics of offenders, the frequency and course of pedophilia, and the treatments for both offenders and abused children.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Anyone who checks their state pedophile list will be stunned how many live near you...they are everywhere...we have one on our street several on the next street over and another few on the connecting street and hundreds just in our small town. The majority live near a park or school even though that is supposed to be illegal for them. It is a sad disgusting world and I fear for every little kid i see ride a bike down the street alone.

exactly.
but rape and pedophilia have almost become synonymous on this thread and they are not, they are 2 totally different things.

Nowadays in the US if an 18yo person dates a 17yo person, then they break up and the girl cries rape, well there you have it you're on the list. It may have been consensual when they were dating, but the younger one finds it's easier to cry rape than to tell her parents why she is pregnant??

Back on topic, pedophiles are simply men (mostly I assume) that get off on the power of being in control.
They are not a group, they do not need an awareness support group, they are just sick in the head.

Back in medieval times didn't they cut the mens (things) off as punishment?
an eye for an eye, etc...

and Afterthought said:

The fact of the matter is is that this is one of the most heinous that has been swept under the carpet for way too long.

I would say not so much swept under the rug, but that the victims are terrified to speak up. They are threatened before, during, and after the abuse. It takes an incredible amount of will to overcome that fear, believe me.
That is why when 1 'child' speaks up others gain strength from them and speak up too.

edit on 6-12-2011 by horseplay because: saw what OP had recently posted

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr0527

Originally posted by DJM8507
Interestingly, all it takes is an accusation without a bit of proof beyond hearsay in order to be charged, and convicted of a sexual crime.

It's my understanding that you have to provide proof to be convicted of any crime?

You would think that would be the case, but many times it is not. Beyond testimony and creative story telling there is many times very little to show. Cases where there is actual physical evidence or third-party eyewitness testimony is rare compared to the many who are convicted with nothing more than hearsay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join