It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The 45th President Of The United States

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Lol no no. I dont advocate inaction. This pleading for a hero, a saviour (mesiah?) is the very meaning of inaction. In 2008 Obama was seen as the hero that would bravely oppose the system. Of course he was a corporate plant as his predecessors. Paul is also now seen as the great savior. Just like Obama voted no on the original Iraq war resolution, Paul is an ace in the sleeve of the plutocrats. Same with Kucynich and any other "maveric" congess oddball that suspiciously deviates from the corporate line. Truth is these "rebellious ones" are groomed to give the political kabuki show a veneer of legitimacy and even make it seem, at times, surprisingly spontaneous.

Once again, Paul talks a great game, but we should know by now that the president is nothing more than the public face of the system. JFK taught us many things if we actually push aside the years of lobotomy through flag-waving 4th of julys, daily pledging to the flag and countless parroting of "land of the free, home of the brave". Home of the brave indeed now begging to the fascist, corporate political overlords (knowing full well that the game is completely rigged) to deliver a saviour from their own class and environment to dethrone them in our favor. Please, when will be fooled enough? Are we that pansified that we cannot accept that our savior wont come from the very corruption we need to clean up? WE are the saviour we have been waiting for! Not Obama, Ron Paul or Donald Duck! US!

As I mentioned before, voting is futile, you know it but cant come to grips with the horrifying notion of it. There is no justice when laws apply to two different social classes in different ways and no way to play the electoral game when the rules are rigged and changed along the way by the lawmakers and their owners. It is beyond naive to expect any change when the system is completely corrupt and violently opposed to any fairness, accountability and transparency. Throwing a tantrum about the moral need of pushing a button on a rigged machine for a fake choice between falsely opposed parties is unacceptable specially in this day an age when information is so readily available. Dont succumb to fear. Accept the truth. The system will not change for the better within itself at this point unless something really drastic is done by the citizenry. Sadly things will probably need to get worse before this happens.

Just saying, ofcourse.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rober_boricua

long live future president ron paul!!! you are our only hope....
edit on 7-12-2011 by martianamerican because: typeo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

no way. ows will commit mass suicide if a republican wins the presidency.
barry ftw!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The real truth is this, it takes a whole lotta good propaganda to make up for the bad propaganda he has spewed over the years.
I think his U.S. Blame game, anti Israel and Islamo ignorance is the main reason why he can't get any ground with main stream America.

Can't get any ground because your Israeli buddies are the ones screwing everything up

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It's really a pity we can't air these sorts of things on television. Aah, how nice it must be to have infinite free money at your disposal..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I find it funny and sad that the first video is from 1984, and that he's speaking of computer surveillance.

Interestingly enough, I bet he was one of the few congressmen to understand the implications.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm hoping Paul wins the Presidency as well but I don't think it will be allowed to happen.

I may be wrong but if it looks like he will win I think that he will be the victim of an unfortunate 'accident.'

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I will vote for him whether the republican machine gets behind him or not.

This country is being run into the gutter by the far left, and the far right who have sold us all out.

I'm tired of it, and I'll voice my displeasure with my vote, I hope millions agree

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
When the history books are written and people 2000 years from now ask what happend to America or why nobody stood up and did anything... the scholars can reply Ron Paul tried. The American people tried. But morons laughed and dismissed the threat just as they sat in their house as Rome burned. The majority believed in their right wing, left wing, republican or democratic way failing to understand that we were all Americans being divided while conquered. And when this empire falls, as all great empires do, you people that sat there and did nothing will be to blame. You people that voted for a celebrity instead of a great man. You people that worshiped the corrupt police and found sick enjoyment in your own ignorance. You people that claim to support the troops yet let them sleep on the street when they come home. You people that allow the thug TSA sexually assault your family. You traitors that troll this forum and are paid to do so. And you sell out politicians that have absolutely no regret.

Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves. Americans should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

no way. ows will commit mass suicide if a republican wins the presidency.
barry ftw!

if they want to play partisan politics, I say LET THEM All run off a cliff

Just more proof they have no idea whats good for this country
edit on 7-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Raytheon is a contributor to every Paul campaign for the last decade plus. It has everything to do with the topic at hand. This is whose bankrolling him and who he answers to and is owned by.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Please, for the rest of the world, America, elect this man!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

OK, first off, let's clarify those donors just a little bit.

You know how when you make a political donation, you have to indicate your employer? Yeah...that's what's going on here. These are employees of these companies, PACs run by those companies, or family members - see the little note on the site itself:

"This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2008 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates."

I see you also conveniently forgot to leave off the TOP donor tallies:

US Army $78,056
US Navy $56,769
US Air Force $55,405

That out of the way, let's run some numbers here - the total of ALL these listed contributions is $586,664 - a bit over half a million dollars. Now, do you know how much Paul raised overall during the 2007/2008 election cycle? Roughly $32.6 million dollars, according to the website you yourself referenced, so let's see...those you claim OWN Paul contributed LESS THAN 2% of the monies he raised. To me, it sounds like his actual owners are the legions of small donors who poured their hearts, souls, and funds into his campaign!

And now, let's go even further on OpenSecrets.org - oops! (not sure why their numbers don't match up, off the bat):

Source of Funds:
Individual contributions: $34,336,169 - 99%

Egads! And only a little over $18k from PACs, with over 99% of his total donations from individuals! Trouble on the "bought-and-paid-for" front, Chet! But wait, what's this? 47% of Paul's donations were from small donors donating $200 or less each? Jinkies!

So, since your corporate ownership argument is blown utterly out of the water at this point, let's look at your claims of Paul's honesty - which you've pretty much provided nothing to substantiate. You've argued about his tenure in congress proving that he's part of the problem, but you might want to give us something in his on-the-record votes or speeches to congress to work with here - and good luck as his record is fairly pristine and speeches clear as RAILING AGAINST THE SYSTEM AND BEING CONSISTENT WITH EVERYTHING HE'S PUBLICLY PRESENTED OTHERWISE the entire time.

Long story short, your arguments here have been weighed, measured, and found wanting. Unless you can provide something solid other than claims that you've personally talked to Paul and think he's a liar, you have *nothing* to stand on here. He's changed TWO positions - for reasons he's clarified - during his tenure in congress: he's walked his talk. He has consistently taken lone and UNpopular positions, thus hampering his own political career - voting against the PATRIOT Act and its reauthorizations, voting against the Military Commissions Act of 2006, voted AGAINST going into Iraq (and warning us clearly about what to expect if we did, ahead of time) - consistently voting against EVERY LITTLE BIT of legislation he feels doesn't meet constitutional muster or authority. He has warned us about problems years before they occurred - on the record - when all of the "official experts" were telling us everything was fine and Ron Paul is just crazy.

Your arguments here are simply ludicrous, unless you want to give us verifiable facts to argue with - and I don't see those being forthcoming anytime soon, for some reason. However, if you've got some more half-truths to spout, I'd love to hear them!

EDIT:
To answer your question

Where's the mom and pop shops? Where is the food companies? Where is the hotels? Where is automotive? Nowhere to be found.

Do you really think individual (and hence: tiny with few employees) mom-and-pop stores would make ANYONE'S *top donors* list? Good lord, you don't even know the right questions to ask based on the information you yourself are providing.

Ridiculous.
edit on 12/7/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka
reply to post by Destiny777

I think he may have our best interests in mind as well as a few other Presidents long past.

However I do agree that its completely controlled and even if he does get elected, everything he stood for will change because they will control him through threats to his family for instance.

I actually don't think bribing him will work, so they will have to attack him personally.

If and a big IF there is any truth to what you saying here in regards to our best interest no doubt he will be killed off or blackmailed at the least. Does the number 33 ring a bell?

Ron Paul’s father was a Freemason and Dr. Paul has said himself many times that he respects the organization and has been to many of the open meetings in his district. His wife, Carol is a member of the Velasco Order of the Eastern Star and maintains her membership in the Freeport area lodge. Their daughters, Lori and Joy, were both Rainbow girls, another organization associated with Freemasonry.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

No it is not as when you yourself acting under your own free will and volition do swear that the donation you make as a person is that of your own and you also affirm that you are not making a donation on behalf of a corporation or outside entity and is a personal donation and if you are authourized to transfer corporate funds by any corporate executive board you are donating as an employee and not of that of yourself which makes it a corporate donation.

They require you to declare your employer at times to ascertain who you are is in fact you! Think of it as an identity theft prevention measure! There are 2 different donation forms and they are corporate and personal!

Pertaining to corporate donations authourized persons are to be kept regularly updated with all political parties. Lists are kept!

Call up either and tell them you wish to donate, they'll ask you "Are you donating on behalf of yourself or a corporation?"! This declares the type of donation.
edit on 7-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Regardless, even giving you the benefit of the doubt and yielding you the argument here, you are disregarding *everything* else in my post and only accounting for about 1.7% of all donations.

Your argument falls entirely flat in light of facts.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
you know im glad to see Ron Paul is getting more popular and that people are finally paying ACTUAL attention to a good candidate. iv'e supported Ron Paul since i was 16, BUT the fact of the matter here is that it's ITS TIME FOR US TO STOP BEING DEPENDENT ON PRESIDENTS....

“Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.”

edit on 7-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny777

No. Not really. Paul doesn't really fall inside the two party system, that is why the party he is running under ignores him and gives him the same treatment they would as someone running on the opposite team.

It would take a billionaire to run a successful campaign without being attached to the Dem or GOP parties. He is running as GOP because that is the only way he has a chance. He originally ran as a Libertarian orginially, and that is what he is politically to this day.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As an outsider (Aussie) with a passing interest in US politics, i can only wonder at something.
I seem to recall one of the Bush's being cuaght up in a vote rigging scenario....
The way i see it, yes, RP may win, but we (the world) would never know.
No need for a messy assasination, or character assasination (not that they really could on hat part).
Just rig the votes. Simple, not enough peeps wanted him, and see, we told you he was a kook....
Cheers.

FYI: Ron Paul, Win Or Fall!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I am not even from the states and i think he seems to be 1 million times more the real deal than Obama. Look at how long the man has been spreading the issues longer than David Icke has been writing books. If more politicians were like him the Fed would be destroyed and we would be on our way to a better world. Maybe he is a good walk in. lol hard to know or not. If i was a US citizen the first man who said they would destroy the Fed is who i would back. Problem is so many only see Democrat or Repuplican. People need to see past that and see beyond Duality.

PS i think the illuminati is grooming Rick Perry as one of their puppets.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join