It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember China's Purple Mountain Observatory UFO Sighting In 2009? Where's The Official Follow Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you remember the big news back in 2009 when a UFO was reportedly seen during the observation of a solar eclipse at China's Purple Mountain Observatory. While there were many witnesses, several photo's and 40 minutes of video, we were told that experts were going to spend a year studying the evidence before speculating what the object actually was and we were left holding our breath.

I was recently attempting to find any follow up to that incident and a search on ATS did not turn up anything nor did a Google search - only articles related to the original sighting.

Actually, there was another round of articles in August of 2010 related to a prominent astronomer from Purple Mountain announcing his professional belief that some UFO's are of extraterrestrial origin during an academic speech and although there was reference in the articles to the 2009 PMO sighting, the speech was not the 'follow-up' that was originally promised in 2009.

Did I miss something? Did Chinese authorities ever make a follow-up statement regarding the 2009 incident?

If not, does anyone else find that rather odd? I certainly do. They get what is honestly some pretty great video of a daytime UFO sighting, tell everyone they need to sit on it for year to study it, then never follow up. Oh, but a year later an astronomer tells his peers that he believes some UFO's are extraterrestrial in origin, and his comments are published by the official news agency of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.

Here is a link to an original article (unfortunately the video has been removed but you can still find on YT if you like).

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing are reported to have confirmed that they filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes. They say that they will spend the next 12 months studying the footage before drawing any conclusions.

The director of the observatory, Ji Hai-sheng, told sina.com that scientists would not be speculating publicly on the nature of what was captured on film until it had been properly studied.

He added:"'Purple Mountain Observatory and Chinese Academy of Sciences said that during the July 22 total solar eclipse observation, China had discovered near the sun, by observing staff, an unidentified object, it's physical nature remains to be further studied.

"Currently manpower is being organized to deal with this data, complete the data analysis and reveal the scientific results and this will take at least one year's time to finalise."

And here's one of the 2010 articles.

technorati.com...

Again, I know the articles above were covered before here on ATS but was there actually any follow-up statement by Chinese officials on the sighting from July 2009?
edit on 5-12-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes, you missed something. There was no UFO.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow. 4 minutes after posted and Phage is hawking like crazy. He shot the original thread down 2 years ago with-in 35 minutes. You are the master, I kneel to thee.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yep.

Umhuh..

Hey Phage..

What's the Ga lotto winning combo for tomorrow?

top topics

join