It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has U.S. Already Launched War Against Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A recent blast that ripped through an Iranian military base has increased suspicions that the United States and its allies are engaged in a covert effort to derail the Islamic Republic’s nuclear weapons program. The explosion and other anti-Iranian actions, coupled with what are seen as retaliatory moves by Iran, have raised the question: Has the war with Iran already begun? The explosion at a Revolutionary Guard Corps base 30 miles west of Tehran on Nov. 12 leveled buildings and killed 17 people, including a founder of Iran’s ballistic missile program, Gen. Hassan Tehrani Moghaddam. Iranian officials called the explosion an accident. “However, many former U.S. intelligence officials and Iran experts believe that the explosion — the most destructive of at least two dozen unexplained blasts in the last two years – was part of a covert effort by the U.S., Israel and others to disable Iran’s nuclear and missile programs,”

Has U.S. Already Launched War Against Iran? - Newsmax

US and Israel 'involved in covert war against Iran - Telegraph

Has a War With Iran Already Begun? - The Atlantic

Iran explosions prompt speculation of secret attacks - Miami Herald

Scary times ahead people. ATSers have been speculating on this for some time, but now it's getting more and more blatant. What are your thoughts? Concerns? How will this affect the election cycle in the US? The economy?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

Pretty smart if it is the US. They are acting like guerrilla terrorists. Hit them quick and hard, and don't tell them it's you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I hope you don't consider this off-topic to your intent here..I managed that once today. However, your presentation and links just made something real unsettling click in my head regarding the United States, Iran and a war possibly in progress. Starting a new thread right on top of yours seemed a bad idea. Ummm.. First, for anyone who hasn't seen an image of it:

The RQ-170 is flown by the 30th Reconnaissance Squadron, a unit reactivated by the USAF at the Tonopah Test Range in California on 1 September 2005, according to a service fact sheet.
Photo and Text Source

They've had this operationally flying since at least 2005...probably a lot longer in prototype form. They also have developed all manner of laser and directed energy weapons. Dare we think 2 + 2 might equal a drone that wasn't entirely harmless...and captured by the enemy? Oh please please don't tell me this sucker had a laser or mounted weapons system which could...Oh I dunno......direct energy to the point of a missile casing and overheat it to explosion.

That might look disturbingly like that recent explosion outside Tehran, wouldn't it? Wow... You may really have hit on something here in terms of a war already going on...and losing that toy might explain some of these mystery explosions they've been experiencing with no apparent cause or source. Uh oh... anyone else have a sinking feeling?

By the way...I hadn't really gone looking too hard for details on the drone, but now that I have...I'm far more concerned. That isn't a variant of the Reaper or Darkstar. It's a massive platform that could carry all the techno-goodies we might want to pack into it.....and the Iranians now have it. Awww geeze....
Iran might really have something to retaliate for if they can tie these two things (drone and mystery accidents) together.

S/F to be sure.. what a suggestion...and it might just be true.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
NO "war" hasnt been laucnhed and it would need congressional approval. When the US launches war against Iran you will KNOW it and you wont even have to ask. Plus the US doesnt want to hit Iran. Israel does.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Economic sanctions, reconnaissance, and covert ops are always a pretext to war. However, if they go extremely well, war is not needed. Surely, the propaganda war against Iran was launched long ago, and recently almost all NATO countries have initiated sanctions against Iran's central bank, which I assume is not connected to most of the conquered-world's central banks. Once the bankers are all-in something is going on.

I think the plan is to help the "protesters/freedomfighters" take Syria via the CIA then NATO, this will make Iran very angry and may cause a lapse in judgment on their part in the form of a strike on Israel or a U.S. warship. This will be hyped in the media and give the President or Congress a reason to call for immediate action. This will be NATO's reason to invade.

If Iran stays calm and doesn't retaliate, I'd think the protests/uprisings will seriously hit Iran for their next election, similar to 2009 when they were hyped by Western media. This will end up being (Libya x Egypt) + Syria = Iran. This is where I think the permanent members of the U.N. will come to agreement and invade Iran together, evading a world war, to share the profits together.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
NO "war" hasnt been laucnhed and it would need congressional approval. When the US launches war against Iran you will KNOW it and you wont even have to ask. Plus the US doesnt want to hit Iran. Israel does.

Oh, yeah.... You mean like the congressional approval he got to send U.S. forces over the beach in Libya to support Country-Wide combat operations of "allied" forces, right? If I were in Congressional Leadership right now I wouldn't take a silent phone from the White House as a comfortable signal that nothing is happening.

I'm not certain so maybe someone who knows international law and war can answer this...but what would Obama be required to tell or not tell Congress in advising...let along asking permission...if a Gulf of Tonkin incident suddenly went down in the Persian Gulf and gave the excuse for war by defensive reaction rather than offensive deployment? Obama is a master at hunting and finding loopholes to justify unilateral action by the executive branch...is that the loophole on this one?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Sorry, but I don't think you're correct. Black Ops are carried out every day around the world and you don't need to declare war on a country to do it. Did anyone declare war against a house in Pakistan when Bin Laden was killed?

America, the UK, Israel, Russia... all strong powers use these tactics to destabilize, sabotage and assassinate. It's not new, it's not unusual and it definitely doesn't need an announcement by the US govt or any other.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
NOPE-SORRY!!! The US is doing everything it can to KEEP from going to war with Iran. Israel is the only one who wants it. The US is throwing Israel bones by passing "sanctions" on Iran that they know are useless and will be bypassed. If the US truly wanted a war, they have more than enough "excuses" they could use for doing so. The US keeps warning Israel NOT to launch an attack on Iran. Thanks for playing but youre WRONG.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Sorry, but I don't think you're correct. Black Ops are carried out every day around the world and you don't need to declare war on a country to do it. Did anyone declare war against a house in Pakistan when Bin Laden was killed?

America, the UK, Israel, Russia... all strong powers use these tactics to destabilize, sabotage and assassinate. It's not new, it's not unusual and it definitely doesn't need an announcement by the US govt or any other.

2nd. The U.S. has been in a "covert" war against Iran for some time now along with a few other Countries either directly or indirectly.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

NOPE-SORRY!!! The US is doing everything it can to KEEP from going to war with Iran.

Actually...

edit on 5-12-2011 by METACOMET because: fxlnk

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

NOPE-SORRY!!! The US is doing everything it can to KEEP from going to war with Iran. Israel is the only one who wants it. The US is throwing Israel bones by passing "sanctions" on Iran that they know are useless and will be bypassed. If the US truly wanted a war, they have more than enough "excuses" they could use for doing so. The US keeps warning Israel NOT to launch an attack on Iran. Thanks for playing but youre WRONG.

you keep deluding yourself buddy, you're not convincing anyone.

US is attempting to lure the lranians into a trap
Israel is that trap.

you think the US and Israel are seperate entities? they are joined at the hip.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Really?

In taking the country into a war with Libya, Barack Obama's administration is breaking new ground in its construction of an imperial presidency -- an executive who increasingly acts independently of Congress at home and abroad. Obtaining a U.N. Security Council resolution has legitimated U.S. bombing raids under international law. But the U.N. Charter is not a substitute for the U.S. Constitution, which gives Congress, not the president, the power "to declare war."

Obama's Unconstitutional War

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Iran is definitely high on the list when it comes to the war machine.

Remember the Iraq invasion, where we had to step in because Saddam had WMD and biological weapons which he was ready to unleash and needed to be stopped IMMEDIATELY. He was found cowering in a hole and was swiftly executed.

Why would you think the Iran situation would play out any differently? They have to be presented as a threat so that we can justify attacking them. Despite all the rumours of Irans nuclear program advancing by the day and their hardline agenda, I have seen all this hype before. War Drums.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnonymousLurker
I have seen all this hype before. War Drums.

And that is really the key that keeps us out of this insanity: the fact that we have seen it before. I have no idea why some people accept this dazzlement of lies twice, nay, three times now in a single decade.

Maybe they believe that if nuclear weapons are found in the smoking ruins of Tehran, it would justify everything up to this point

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Definately, considering the US has already admitted they have special forces in iran, doh!

In addition, they have already declared economic war against the civilians in Iran also.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

i agree. Iran has threatened, but they are being drug into battle. Uprisings against the govt have worked well this year also. But once the real arsenal is disabled, then dismantle the govt into rogue factions. It will ruin them.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

war drums or oil drums? follow the money, that will lead you to the target.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

war drums or oil drums? follow the money, that will lead you to the target.

Yep, defo agree with this 100%. There is always an ulterior motive.

At no time until the world started considering peak oil did we consider jumping into these countries affairs.
Look how long Gaddafi, Saddam and Mugabe have subjected their people to this kind of lifestyle. For years and years the west stood idly by and watched and now they begin to systematically take them down one-by-one.

It is acknowledged that the price for the help overturning a regime is paid in oil or whatever resources are acceptable. It costs millions of whatever currency you choose to apply to go to war, if not billions. You think that this is done because we have friendly leaders who jump in to admonish dictators like teachers in the schoolyard?
No. It`s because the country needing assistance has something to offer, be this oilfields or just the fact that they are handily placed as a staging post close to another, more hostile nation.

It is ridiculous to go to war with already limited resources, at a time when budgets are being slashed worldwide, if there is no end product other than a faraway nation at peace with itself after decades of hardship. Of course they want something in return.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that the U.S. did not participate in the 2nd world war until economic sanctions placed against Japan which cut oil supplies, brought the war to Pearl Harbor.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Originally posted by detachedindividual

2nd. The U.S. has been in a "covert" war against Iran for some time now along with a few other Countries either directly or indirectly.

Agreed

top topics

join