It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange White flash covered whole of the sky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Right first things first, before anyone asks I don't half any pictures so your going to have to go on what I witnessed. It's very rare that I post on here, let alone make threads. I still lurk around here all the time. So I wouldn't waste my time posting anything on here if it wasn't worth my while.

I'm on my iPhone so I'm prone to typo's, just thought I'd prewarn you all.

So on my way home from work at around 23:10pm, walking round from the train station, as I got on my street, there was a very bright White flash in the sky which covered the whole sky for a split second. I jumped because it was that bright, thought it was my imagination at first. One of my family members was looking out of the window watching for me coming in from work. When I got to the door they asked me if I saw the bright flash that covered the sky.
So it did happen.

Now I'm not trying to say its 'aliens' or anything like that, I would just like a discussion on what it could have been, or even an explanation if that's possible from you guys.
I've never seen anything like that before, but it made me wonder how many times strange things like that happen at night because everyone's In bed an no ones outside.

Thanks for your help guys!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Country

State

City

Hard to say without some basics.

Good luck

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What is your location?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Sorry put it in the wrong thread, oops.

I'm in England, in Yorkshire. Wasn't lightening or anything like that, the sky's clear, can see all the stars. The flash covered the whole sky. It was very bright.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
There was a lightning strike here in the NW, I heard the thunder.

Very unusual to get storms this time of year, here anyway. Just freak weather.

www.isleofwightweather.co.uk...

edit on 5-12-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ill toss out a thought.........with all the suns solar activity causing people to see auroras where they have never seen them before, MAYBE it was a bright aurora?
ALSO, a meteor coming into the atmosphere causes momentary BRIGHT WHITE flashes day or night.........so it could be as simple as a passing meteor.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If not lightning, I would say it was a transformer blowing.

It doesn't even have to be raining for one of these to blow, and when you see it at on a drunken night it can scare the crap out of you.

edit on 5-12-2011 by samlf3rd because: wrong link

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Problem solved. It was about as bright as that transformer blowing
Thanks guys!

link   
I think i know what you are talking about about a month ago i saw for a split second it looked like the same kind of light that comes from one of the old light bulbs light with the white looking light covered the entire sky as far as i could see in that small area of time. It was like like someone just turned it on and off very weird. I dunno if that's the same but if it is i live in Missouri.
edit on 5-12-2011 by SmashPapayaKC because: details

link   
I'm in Ireland and i thought i saw a bright flash for a second around 00:40, but no thunder? most likely just seeing things though, i'm on the east coast too. This post was stated about 3 or 4 minutes after I saw (or thought i saw) the flash, so I thought i'd share.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sheet lightning. It lights up and covers the whole sky.
I thought it was quite common

Auroras aren't white, they're greenish and/or pinkish.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LukeT0116

No problem, it can be scary as bright as it is. When a transformer blows the bright flash oyu see is a gigantic welding arc as everything melts together. Sometimes they can last a few seconds and light up the sky as if it were day.
I live outside of Chicago and used to work construction day and night, and one night on the Skyway a transformer blew on the ground, and the sparks came flying over the skyway! I freaked out everything turned bright as heck, then pitch-black as I was politely doing the speed-limit...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

There is a lot of white that comes from an aurora. I just witnessed one that was more white than green.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by snowspirit

There is a lot of white that comes from an aurora. I just witnessed one that was more white than green.

I've never seen one without colour.
How bout that, I've learned something new

I wonder what would make them ultra light colour ( or non colour)? Maybe a lighter touch to our atmosphere?

I'm still guessing sheet lightning though, or transformer blowup.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
When i used to live fairly close to a rail line i used to see this fairly often. When the weather conditions were right( low clouds) the electrical discharge from the live rail track would illuminate the sky in quite an exciting fashion. I'm suggesting it's just the live rail arcing out and putting on a free light show.

I'd actually put money on that's what you saw.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
oh this threads to bypartisan for me gotta go.

line two

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How about nukes being shot down while they are in route to the perspective targets?

We are on the verge of war...maybe your seeing Regan's Star Wars at work!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
According to this, there was lightening in your area even if you didn't hear the thunder. Ireland as well depending on where the other poster lives.

UK Lightning

top topics

join