It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Mason!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I was looking at a site displaying famous masons when I noticed quite a lot of them are presidents! There wasn't many sites I could find on google. It was hard to find answers.

I was wondering why so many presidents were masons.

Does anyone know what degree these president masons made it to?

I also heard Al Gore was a mason.

Quite a bit of Astronauts were free masons including Buzz and John Glen (senator as well)

I guess is more important then what meets the eye huh?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread also, but your questions definately deserve an answer. So, short of me typing hundreds of pages worth of information and references, I would suggest this video. This man (Dr. Stanley Monteith)has studied the history of the world as we know it for about 30 years and provides an in-depth look at the roots of our society.

www.robodoon.com...

[edit on 6-9-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
By the way, what does OLMGITNHFTWS stand for ?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hehehe. Somehow I think you already know the meaning...

Oh Lord My God Is There No Help For The Widow's Son?

Taken from:

The Work

Authorized by the Board of Custodians of
The Work,

"The Grand Hailing Signal of Distress is given by throwing up both hands with the palms extended to the heavens, and dropping them with three distinct motions to the S.
The words accompanying this Sign are O.L.M.G.I.T.N.H.F.T.W.S. ..."

If you thought I was totally ignorant as to the masonic beliefs and rituals think again.

Edit: Ok maybe I can leave a few things here unsaid, because they are not really that relevent.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I see. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

df1

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLMGITNHFTWS
If you thought I was ignorant as to the masonic beliefs and rituals think again.

This was been posted on ATS recently and various other sources on the internet for ages. Give a me little discussion in your own words on Albert Pike or Manly P. Hall then I might consider your knowledge something beyond a zero. Thus far I'm not impressed with your Masonic knowledge.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
I was looking at a site displaying famous masons when I noticed quite a lot of them are presidents! There wasn't many sites I could find on google. It was hard to find answers.

Quite a bit of Astronauts were free masons including Buzz and John Glen (senator as well)

Most of the astronauts were masons. In fact, Col Aldrin opened a Tranquility Lodge 2000 on the moon on his last trip, courtesy of a charter issued by the Grand Lodge of Texas.

Tranquility Lodge 2000

As for presidents, there have been 17 presidents of the United States that have been masons, including Roosevelt (both), Truman, Ford, Washington, Johnson (Both), Jackson, though Gore is NOT a mason, nor is either President Bush, and neither is Clinton, though Clinton was DeMolay, which is masonry for young boys.

Why? Well, because they were good and honorable men, seeking to serve their country...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLMGITNHFTWS
Hehehe. Somehow I think you already know the meaning...

If you thought I was ignorant as to the masonic beliefs and rituals think again.

Well, there's ignorance, and then there is ignorance. Pretending to knowledge you do not have, or have possibly illegally obtained, whether correct or not, is abominable, and displays a serious degree of ignorance on your part...

there is knowlege, and there is ignorance. You have just displayed ignorance, by pretending to know the secrets of a master mason.

Oh, and by the way, LTD is a candidate for initiation, and not a mason, so he would have no way of knowing or recognizing what you purport to know...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Correct. I am not Mason. I am a candidate for initiation, as stated.

I hope everyone understands that. What I know of Masonry I learned from talking to Masons, not simply on these boards, but at the two open houses I attended, and during my two sponsorship interviews.

I was just curious about the name. I'm not familiar with the meaning or significance.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There have been 16 Presidents of the United States who were Masons, and are as follows, including their Masonic ranks if any:

1. George Washington, Fredericksburg Lodge No. 4, Fredericksburg, VA; Worshipful Master 1788 and 1789. Also a Royal Arch Mason.

2. James Buchanan; Lancaster Lodge No. 43, Lancaster, PA. Royal Arch Mason.

3. James A. Garfield; Magnolia Lodge No. 20, Columbus, OH; 14� Scottish Rite, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar.

4. Gerald R. Ford; Malta Lodge No. 405, Grand Rapids, MICH; 33� Scottish Rite, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar, Shriner.

5. Warren G. Harding; Marion Lodge No. 70, Marion, OH; 32� Scottish Rite, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar, Shriner.

6. Andrew Jackson; Harmony Lodge No. 1, Harmony, TENN; Grand Master of Tennessee 1822-1823; Royal Arch Mason.

7. Andrew Johnson; Greenville Lodge No. 119, Greenville, TENN; 32� Scottish Rite directly from Albert Pike in 1867; Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar.

8. William McKinley; Hiram Lodge No. 21, Winchester, VA, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar.

9. James Monroe, Williamsburg Lodge No. 6, Williamsburg, VA.

10. James K. Polk; Columbia Lodge No. 31, Columbia, TENN, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar.

11. Franklin D. Roosevelt; Holland Lodge No. 8, New York, NY; 32� Scottish Rite, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar, Shriner.

12. Theodore Roosevelt; Matinecock Lodge No. 806, Oyster Bay, NY.

13. William H. Taft; Kilwinning Lodge No. 356, Cincinatti, OH

14. Harry S. Truman; Belton Lodge No. 450, Lamar, Missouri; Grand Master of Missouri 1940-1942; 33� Scottish Rite, Royal Arch Mason, Knight Templar, Shriner. Also served as Grand Exalted Ruler for the Elks.

Lyndon B. Johnson and Martin Van Buren were Entered Apprentices only. It's sometimes speculated that Jefferson was a Mason, but there is no evidence to support it; we know that he attended meetings of the Democratic Party in Masonic Halls and that he once walked in a Masonic parade to honor Washington, but it doesn�t appear he ever was initiated.

The late Senator Al Gore, Sr. was a Mason; he was also a 33� Scottish Rite Mason, Knight Templar, and Shriner. His son, former Vice President Al Gore, Jr., is not a Mason. Both he and Clinton are, however, Emeritus Members of DeMolay.

The only ones I know off the top of my head are Aldrin and Glenn.

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
GOOD SIR,
IF YOU ARE A TRUE M.M. YOU WOULD KNOW TWO THINGS. ONE NOT TO A.S.S.UME THAT EVERYONE HEAR IS A M.M. AND TWO NOT TO GO AROUND SPEAKING THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE SAID IN PUBLIC.

PLEASE REMEMBER THE FIRST LESSON YOU WERE TAUGHT IN THE E.A. AND NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN.

FRATERNALLY,

-S&C

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFAMfounder
GOOD SIR,
IF YOU ARE A TRUE M.M. YOU WOULD KNOW TWO THINGS. ONE NOT TO A.S.S.UME THAT EVERYONE HEAR IS A M.M. AND TWO NOT TO GO AROUND SPEAKING THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE SAID IN PUBLIC.

PLEASE REMEMBER THE FIRST LESSON YOU WERE TAUGHT IN THE E.A. AND NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN.

FRATERNALLY,

-S&C

My good brother;

OLMGITNHFTWS is NOT a mason. He is a cowan pretending to be a mason, or at best, a cowan attempting to posses without right, the secrets of a master mason. Make no mistake, that person is not now, and never could be a mason... it appears that he has a SERIOIUS character deficeit.

Just an observation, however.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   

AFAMfounder
TO OLMGITNHFTWS!!!

GOOD SIR,

FRATERNALLY,

-S&C

LMFAO I am in NO way shape or form affiliated with ANY organized clubs or groups, religious or otherwise. I have taken no oath nor sworn allegiance to anyone. I am a free man under the eyes of God and God alone. I do not claim to have the secrets of a master mason, whatever that may mean. All I put forth is exactly what I have put forth. If you ask me a question, and I have an answer, I won't hesitate to put it forth

[edit on 7-9-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think Bush is a Mason.

A friend of mine lives in Geogetown Texas. He is a member of two different lodges in the area and is Past Master of both. He was talking to a few of our brothers in Lodge one night and a question was asked whether Bush was a Mason or not. The answer was that Bush had petitioned University Lodge and was accepted but never turned in his EA. A couple of years later he was made a Master Mason on sight by the Grand Master of Texas. However, he did learn his work which was tought to him by two diffrerent Texas Rangers assigned to him while he was Governor. While looking at Grand Lodge for Bush's name, my fellow brother was asked what he was looking for and if they could be of assistance. He told them and the book was abruptly closed and his search was ended. Interesting. Anyone else have any thought on this?

Most of the astronauts were masons. In fact, Col Aldrin opened a Tranquility Lodge 2000 on the moon on his last trip, courtesy of a charter issued by the Grand Lodge of Texas.

Tranquility Lodge 2000

As for presidents, there have been 17 presidents of the United States that have been masons, including Roosevelt (both), Truman, Ford, Washington, Johnson (Both), Jackson, though Gore is NOT a mason, nor is either President Bush, and neither is Clinton, though Clinton was DeMolay, which is masonry for young boys.

Why? Well, because they were good and honorable men, seeking to serve their country...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwscc
I think Bush is a Mason.

A friend of mine lives in Geogetown Texas. He is a member of two different lodges in the area and is Past Master of both. He was talking to a few of our brothers in Lodge one night and a question was asked whether Bush was a Mason or not. The answer was that Bush had petitioned University Lodge and was accepted but never turned in his EA. A couple of years later he was made a Master Mason on sight by the Grand Master of Texas. However, he did learn his work which was tought to him by two diffrerent Texas Rangers assigned to him while he was Governor. While looking at Grand Lodge for Bush's name, my fellow brother was asked what he was looking for and if they could be of assistance. He told them and the book was abruptly closed and his search was ended. Interesting. Anyone else have any thought on this?

Unfortunately, neither George Bush, Sr. or Jr, or Dick Cheney are masons. Both Bushes are Skull and Bones, which is NOT masonry.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Kerry is S&B as well.

new topics

top topics

join