It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIVE QUESTIONS: The Twin Towers and a Controlled Demonlition: HOW?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hero_25
Here's CBSNews:

Which you never even watched, as Rumsfield never says that the money is missing....

This is so funny, you post links that you do not even bother watching, so why would you visit a link that totally destroys your silly conspiracy theory!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by hero_25
Do I really have to ask again?

No, all you have to do is a simple google search - but you refuse to, as you realise that if you did that your silly conspiracy theory is totally destroyed!

That is the reason you refuse to do a simple google search!
edit on 7-12-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

Wow... again, this is NOT about me. Lets stay focused on actually making ourselves 'useful' and instead SHARE information with one another.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Rumsfield never says that the money is missing....

Senator Robert Byrd says it

"The DOD's own auditors can not account for 2.3 Trillion dollars in ONE YEAR alone"
edit on 7-12-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
reply to post by spoor

Rumsfield never says that the money is missing....

Senator Robert Byrd says it

"The DOD's own auditors can not account for 2.3 Trillion dollars in ONE YEAR alone"
edit on 7-12-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

BOOM! Yes he does! Lol... thanks for posting this!
So much nicer when people actually 'take the time' to contribute by LINKING or embedding INFORMATION!

edit on 7-12-2011 by hero_25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

The DOD budget is only around $500B per year, considerably less in 2001 I'm sure. I don't think they couldn't account for $2.3 Trillion in spending for one year, since that's almost 5 times their annual budget income..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
1. Very simple telemetry using infrared. This is what those flashes were for. They were
clearly high intensity infrared flashes to trigger simple passive sensors inside the
building. The lights were affixed to the planes and triggered by proximity or contact
switches. Other infrared links and possibly radio or even wiring were used for other
elements in the demolition. Infrared is reliable and the devices are simple and fragile,
easily destroyed or lost in the destruction.

The flashes are obviously not "static buildup", "microwave arcing", "sun reflections",
or even oxygen bottles exploding. Stand in front of a mirror with a CCD camera and
point an ordinary remote. You will see that flash in the viewfinder. Note that practically
all the videos show what appears to be a light projection. Realize that the polished
aluminum cladding on the perimeter columns, with the window glass, made what
was basically a corner reflector, and then you see how the flashes might appear
3-dimensional.

Look at the first impact on the north tower. Although it is poor quality you can definitely see that there is no shadow of the "flash", while there are shadows of the
plane and the subsequent "puffs" (impact debris or explosion) when the plane enters.
An oxygen bottle exploding would have a shadow.

Note that the first impact flash is very large and very bright. The south tower flash
is not. Apparently something malfunctioned. This is why the _third_ set of flashes
(from the helicopter sent up later on the other side of the towers) were used. Obviously
they aren't oxygen bottle explosions. They also are not glints in the sun or lights.
Those flashes were clearly from a portable infrared device - probably lowered on a line
as Rick Siegel observed and recorded - that was used to augment the infrared triggering
in the south tower, and also the real reason it fell first.

Such a contingency plan is normal. They could not afford to have those buildings remain
standing. The planted charges and sensors needed to be ground up in the planned collapses.

The planes and fuel contributed virtually nothing to these "collapses". That's as silly
as the holograms and other nonsense that apparently suck in some people.

2. It appears many are missing some of the main purposes and advantages of the nano-thermitic compounds and devices. Remember that they are more resilient to impact and fires, yet more easily detonated by electronic fusing, hence better overall control. Too many are also confusing the low-tech wiring and crude switch controllers of the famous demolitions "artists" with simple microprocessor controlled devices. Such demolitions are not really so difficult as most think. Milliseconds are very long times for computers and especially
dedicated logic.

3. There are many recordings of exploding sounds, and hundreds of people not only saw and
heard them, but felt them.

However, one of the main advantages of nano-thermitic materials is that the sol-gel
matrix allows tailoring the speed of the reaction. One can have high temperatures for
longer periods of time, or shorter times resulting in more shock. Nano-thermites can
be explosive. Also remember that a combination of incendiaries and explosives were
probably used.

Very low rumbles would not typically be recorded by most cameras due to lack of such low
response. People generally don't notice such sounds, either, especially in these times
of noisy "boom vehicles". They tune it out.

There are other things hindering explosive sounds. Those floors below the impacts were
sequenced at such a high rate that the sounds blend into a huge roar, although the sounds
are still there on the recordings. There is also a filtering effect caused by the
building structures. Also, many of the cameras were probably using an automatic level
control circuit, which - for some distances and frequencies - would act as a squelch
because of the shock waves reaching the microphones before the audio.

4. This is not critical. Demolitions can be initiated and performed in many ways. One
simply needs to choose and make the required calculations. Don't forget that conventional
techniques are employed mostly because of cost and safety, neither of which applies in
this situation.

5. The massiveness really helps here. More chaos and more destruction and more emotional
impact, which is the bottom line of all this.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarasparagus

Although ive read and watched an abundance of material on the theroies of the takedown. i have always read equal on controlled demolition. being that they take down these large structures when they are simply a shell of what the actual building that was standing before hand given the precise studies and past experiences of previous demolitions. i wonder just how it could ever have been implied properly with a full building's weight intact let alone being able to reach cruciual points in the structure that wasnt covered up with the interior make up. how was the vast stretch of detonation string connected so precisely within the walls of any of the 3. most importantly number 7. These pros still make mistakes on shells of structures let alone something that it fully intact and 10 times the weight. Seems like one hell of a gamble or else they rolled a 7 the only time they called it. 7 looks controlled but sheesh how much were they willing to risk on a roll of the dice.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The DOD budget is only around $500B per year, considerably less in 2001 I'm sure. I don't think they couldn't account for $2.3 Trillion in spending for one year, since that's almost 5 times their annual budget income..

Let me try to clarify,

I was quoting the Senator in the video. He said the DOD audit could not account for 2.3 Trillion in transactions in one year.

The 2.3 Trillion didn't go missing in one year but the audit that took place found that 2.3 Trillion could not be accounted for.

Here is a wikipedia quote

LINK

For the 2010 fiscal year, the president's base budget of the Department of spending on "overseas contingency operations" brings the sum to $663.84 billion.
When the budget was signed into law on October 28, 2009, the final size of the Department of Defense's budget was $680 billion, $16 billion more than President Obama had requested.[3] An additional $37 billion supplemental bill to support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan was expected to pass in the spring of 2010, but has been delayed by the House of Representatives after passing the Senate.

Emergency and supplemental spending
The recent invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan were largely funded through supplementary spending bills outside the Federal Budget, so they are not included in the military budget figures listed below.[6] Starting in the fiscal year 2010 budget however, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are categorized as "Overseas Contingency Operations" and included in the budget.

By the end of 2008, the U.S. had spent approximately $900 billion in direct costs on the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Indirect costs such as interest on the additional debt and incremental costs of caring for the more than 33,000 wounded borne by the Veterans Administration are additional. Some experts estimate these indirect costs will eventually exceed the direct costs.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Impact this, Impact that...

There were no planes hitting WTC..

ACARS confirmed in many posts here on ATS, and other forums, the planes were still flying long after the second tower
exploded.

The buildings were made of steel for god...da...!! GET IT ?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sorry, her it is.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrion

Think about what you just said. The fact that most controlled demolitions are conducted on already weakened structures to make them fall is important. It makes it less likely for an intact structure to fall the way the Towers did. There had to have been something removing the resistance of the floor below to allow the building to collapse the way it did.

They would not have had to use detonation cord. There are other more modern methods of detonation. Nowadays it can all be done remotely. The elevator and utility shafts allow ceiling access to every floor of the building. An elevator maintenance worker would be a perfect disguise for someone to install the devices.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We always seem to find our way to either remote controlled planes with no one on them or holographic planes.

Why is that? TPTB would not want to destroy those people on the planes, along with the buildings???
Why would they risk landing the planes full of people, another chance to blow their cover in this conspiracy scenario.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOrion

Think about what you just said. The fact that most controlled demolitions are conducted on already weakened structures to make them fall is important. It makes it less likely for an intact structure to fall the way the Towers did. There had to have been something removing the resistance of the floor below to allow the building to collapse the way it did.

They would not have had to use detonation cord. There are other more modern methods of detonation. Nowadays it can all be done remotely. The elevator and utility shafts allow ceiling access to every floor of the building. An elevator maintenance worker would be a perfect disguise for someone to install the devices.

You say that as if the towers collapsed in a conventional manner.

1. The collapse was not universal. It started at the top and progressed downward with the debris.

2. The debris was not contained. It damaged structures as far as a couple blocks away.

And for a further point. What resistance do horizontal truss connections offer to a falling mass of the weight of 20-30 stories? I doubt it would be significant enough to even slow it down. I say this, because in both towers, after collapse, there is evidence that parts or most of the core columns survived. That means that the horizontal supports are where the failure was. Horizontal does not resist vertical well, do you agree?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by septic
reply to post by Wizayne

So i guess what you are saying is that a few weakened beams can cause global collapse, BUT cutting those same beams with charges makes absolutely no sense.

Most folks don't realize what was holding up the mechanical floors, because there was some heavy stuff up there. Are these beams considered when the global collapse folks run their calculations?

To hold up equipment like these:

You need floor supports like these:

edit on 6-12-2011 by septic because: (no reason given)

Sorry Charlie, those mechanicals are located in the basement. Only lighter items like heat pumps, heat exchangers, exhaust ducts, and vents would be at the highest point on the building.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Are you people still discussing this? My God! No wonder why things are so messed up in this wonderful world of ours. The towers....DID NOT COLLAPSE. I repeat, THE TOWERS DID NOT COLLAPSE. They were TURNED TO DUST! Stop saying the towers 'collapsed'. Building 7 collapsed....via controlled demolition. Towers 1 and 2 WERE TURNED TO DUST! Again, i repeat.....THE TOWERS WERE TURNED TO DUST!
See for yourself! You people are still living in the stone ages.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Are you people still discussing this? My God! No wonder why things are so messed up in this wonderful world of ours. The towers....DID NOT COLLAPSE. I repeat, THE TOWERS DID NOT COLLAPSE. They were TURNED TO DUST! Stop saying the towers 'collapsed'. Building 7 collapsed....via controlled demolition. Towers 1 and 2 WERE TURNED TO DUST! Again, i repeat.....THE TOWERS WERE TURNED TO DUST!
See for yourself! You people are still living in the stone ages.

Hey but that goes against the pancake fairytale, you must be nuts, or a conspiracy nut, or both!!!

Note: severe sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I do believe that the people in the buildings would have noticed if all of the important HVAC equipment had been ripped out of the building. Not meaning that they would notice it leaving the building... that would have been done "secretly".

I mean that the people working in the towers would have noticed the total lack of air conditioning and ventilation between the time that the equipment was removed and the day of the disaster. It is difficult enough to please people in a large building, as far as temperatures and air quality is concerned, when the equipment is in good working order. Here we have someone saying the equipment had been removed from the buildings!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxJohnson

Sorry Charlie, those mechanicals are located in the basement. Only lighter items like heat pumps, heat exchangers, exhaust ducts, and vents would be at the highest point on the building.

new topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join