It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro doomed from the start: EU architect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
For the past decade I've seen/heard many who have said this exact thing, and every single time they were called crazy, conspiracy 'theorist', or something else along those lines. Now we have one of the main "architects" of the European Union coming out saying the same thing, and I bet no one calls him crazy. Let's look at this closer;

The euro came into existence without strong central powers to stop members running up unsustainable debts, an omission that led to the current crisis. Now that the excessive borrowing of countries such as Greece and Italy has brought the eurozone to the brink of disaster, Mr Delors insists that all European countries must share the blame for the crisis. “Everyone must examine their consciences,” he says.

This is the exact problem people saw in the beginning. They thought it would work to have multiple different countries with different political systems, resources, and economies all adopt a single currency. Everyone knew that the strong economies(i.e. France, Germany) would have to pick up the tab for the weak economies(i.e. Potrugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain).

Here's what Mr. Delors says is the cause;

Mr Delors claims that the current crisis stems from “a fault in execution” by the political leaders who oversaw the euro in its early days. Leaders chose to turn a blind eye to the fundamental weaknesses and imbalances of member states’ economies, he says.

The euro’s troubles spring from “a combination of the stubbornness of the Germanic idea of monetary control and the absence of a clear vision from all the other countries”.

When “Anglo-Saxons” said that a single central bank and currency without a single state would be inherently unstable, “they had a point”, he admits.

So basically what he's saying here for those who don't understand is that in the beginning of the EU none of these extremely wealthy people who went to extremely prestigious universities realized what millions of others did, and now we're seeing the consequences. He's also saying if it weren't for the weak economies being able to decide their budgets, and if it weren't for Germany not wanting to hand over it's money to welfare countries we wouldn't be in this mess.

So what's his solution? From the 1st quote;

The euro came into existence without strong central powers

Now for the conspiracy "theory"

Which is more likely?

1. These very intelligent people didn't know what they were doing, and this is all an accident

or

2. These very intelligent people know exactly what they are doing, and this crisis is being orchestrated to bring about what Delors said was the lacking in the beginning a "strong central power" aka the end of national sovereignty.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 5-12-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
*cricket*

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

You noticed that too. Excellent. It is certainly comforting on one hand, to witness so many different subjects
that were termed "Whacko Conspiracy", becoming Main Stream Reality.On the other hand, it is deeply
troublesome. As the "Conspiracy" is really a Clusterfxxk. Apologies Mods, I don't know how else to say it.

The Euro Concept was dissected and studied by the old timers over there, and warnings were issued.
The old timers were steamrolled.I know that listening to the old words of wisdom and tradition isn't like a club night in Ibiza,
but there are reasons for that. There is a time and place for everything.

I know they tried to mimic, but lets face it, there is only one United States of America.

S&F to your Thread

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

It's true.

The Euro was the first step in their plan for a global currency.

Fortunately, it's failing and will soon affect the rest of the world and from there people will finally wake up!

Don't let these damn lizards, especially Hitler's daughter Merkel run your lives!

new topics

top topics

join