It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical Sensation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Okay well basically for at least 2 years i have felt an electrical sensation on my forehead area, however in resent times (last few months) it has began to spread all over my body. For the last few weeks it has become so 'powerful' that when i let the 'electric current surge' it actually feels as if i am being electrocuted at very high levels, when this occurs its as if it runs down the very center of my body (from my head to my feet) and spreading from there.

When it occurs it feels as if time is moving slow, i can feel everything around me vibrate (including myself) it occurs when i allow myself to relax my body and 'amplify' the always present feeling of electric sensation i already possess. This is the worst part because it is always there and its only a matter of time before i cant prevent myself from amplifying this feeling and i know if it happens in public i will exhibit strange behavior, when it happens it makes me feel similar to when you were a kid at school and a teacher would single you out, like blood is rushing to my face or something. It feels so powerful when it happens it literally makes the world stand still, everything becomes 'one big vibration' and the more i focus on that vibration the more intense the electric sensations feel, they move over my body in waves sometimes increasing in intensity.

What could these sensations be ? Am i epileptic or in danger of suffering from seizures ? Is it spiritual in nature ? Hopefully someone out there knows !

Thanks for reading !

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What comes to mind is a symptom called lhermettes, it usually happens with MS but its not just that, so don't get worried, you would have other symptoms, it also happens with a lot of other things, but with that the electrical feeling radiates down the spine when the head is bent, its called Lhermitte's sign, yours sounds different but I wanted to share this with you, maybe it can help find out whats going on, good luck.

link to lhermittes wiki
lhermittes
edit on 5-12-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Dude you have had this for two years and not seen a Doc?
Go and see a Doc to make sure your ok.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Dude you have had this for two years and not seen a Doc?
Go and see a Doc to make sure your ok.

Haha yeah, but im nervous in case they misdiagnose me and put me on medication or therapy's i don't need. Modern medicine focuses on treating the symptoms of a disorder rather than the cause of a disorder imo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
What comes to mind is a symptom called lhermettes, it usually happens with MS but its not just that, so don't get worried, you would have other symptoms, it also happens with a lot of other things, but with that the electrical feeling radiates down the spine when the head is bent, its called Lhermitte's sign, yours sounds different but I wanted to share this with you, maybe it can help find out whats going on, good luck.

link to lhermittes wiki
lhermittes

Well that definitely has not got me worried

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Im sorry I dont mean to get you worried, but it doesnt sound like its MS in your case because you didnt list any other symptoms, there are a lot of other symptoms that would be needed to diagnose that, and it goes into remision, your isnt doing that, it sounds more like a slipped disc to me, its also a LOT of other reasons even down to vitamin B12 deficiency, you do need to see a doctor because there are medicines that will help, you may have a slipped disc causing this, Dont worry, I honestly think its something as simple as a pinched nerve or a deficiency. 2 years suffering with only this means is something that is focused on one spot, MS attacks more then that. I hope you feel better, and about spiritual, maybe you are extremely sensetive to your surroundings?.,

Oh and I am the last person that should get you worried, Im a major air head and street smart, lol not book smarts and never went to medical school, it was just something I read once lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well get two opinions heck get three and see what they say, whats worse you not going to see a Doctor and dying or you seeing some Doctors and you finding out what they think? they just may save your life. (Not sayings its really bad or anything) better safe than sorry.
Come on fella Doc's are not all that bad.
Hope you feel better/ and it is nothing

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well get two opinions heck get three and see what they say, whats worse you not going to see a Doctor and dying or you seeing some Doctors and you finding out what they think? they just may save your life. (Not sayings its really bad or anything) better safe than sorry.
Come on fella Doc's are not all that bad.
Hope you feel better/ and it is nothing

I dont mean to change the thread topic but isnt it logical to assume that if someone makes money by treating an illness, they have a vested interest in not curing the illness, i dunno maybe i have a irrational fear of hospitals / doctors surgery's, it just seems counter intuitive to gather around ill people when you yourself are weak to infection imo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm thinking this probably isn't the best place to come for a medical diagnosis. If it bothers you this much, it's time to see a doctor.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Doctors have to make a living but they have all took the Hippocratic Oath that means they have to practice medicine ethically.
Just go and see a Doctor dude, you are worried about it enough to ask on here...ask the professionals.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

I'm thinking this probably isn't the best place to come for a medical diagnosis. If it bothers you this much, it's time to see a doctor.

i came here because i wanted to read some off the wall, out of this world theories, because frankly these electrical sensations are incredible

I really have no interest in approaching a doctor, im way to busy and dont believe the current means of diagnosis to be at all reliable.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Im very serious about this, Go to YouTube and just watch some spiritual videos for whatever suits you(God.Buddha, or even no God just energy)

This is a sign of Chakras opening up.

Even think about something pleasant(world peace,Love) just do anything positive to try and bring it out.

It will get stronger due to the "Time" being near.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Doctors have to make a living but they have all took the Hippocratic Oath that means they have to practice medicine ethically.
Just go and see a Doctor dude, you are worried about it enough to ask on here...ask the professionals.

Well i asked here because i remember reading a thread in which someone described something similar, it was called something like 'Something strange happened to me last night' but i was unable to find it

Im really only interested in conspiracy based diagnosis and ATS is the expert when it comes to conspiracies

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123
Im very serious about this, Go to YouTube and just watch some spiritual videos for whatever suits you(God.Buddha, or even no God just energy)

This is a sign of Chakras opening up.

Even think about something pleasant(world peace,Love) just do anything positive to try and bring it out.

It will get stronger due to the "Time" being near.

what is the 'Time' and what will its cause and effect be like for people like me?
edit on 5-12-2011 by TruthIncarnate because: no reason given

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

The "Time" can be anything but i assure you it will be a moment of great change(Let it be Destruction and then reincarnation into another dimension, or a shift of consciousnesses on a global scale)

Many people have strayed to far from the path and need to be reminded the reason were here.

The cause and effect will be whatever you choose it to be, Look in your inner being and the answers will come. Desire,Suffering, necessarily. Existence is beautiful without any of this.

Now, could you please answer my original question? prettyyyy pleaseeee

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123

The "Time" can be anything but i assure you it will be a moment of great change(Let it be Destruction and then reincarnation into another dimension, or a shift of consciousnesses on a global scale)

Many people have strayed to far from the path and need to be reminded the reason were here.

The cause and effect will be whatever you choose it to be, Look in your inner being and the answers will come. Desire,Suffering, necessarily. Existence is beautiful without any of this.

Now, could you please answer my original question? prettyyyy pleaseeee

Replied to your PM, hopefully we can discuss things further, i might be able to answer some questions you may have as well or at least talk about similar experiences

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I replied enjoy

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV. But I do know someone who has had similar symptoms.
It may have something to do with SSRI type antidepressants, particularly withdrawal from them.

FYI it will go away if this is what you are going through, but you should still see (maybe a different) doctor if it is bad. They might help the suffering to be less. Hope this helps.

Symptoms described as "brain zaps", "brain shocks", "brain shivers", "head shocks", or "cranial zings" are a withdrawal symptom experienced during discontinuation (or reduction of dose) of antidepressant drugs.
Link Wikipedia SSRI discontinuation syndrome.

top topics

join