Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So is anyone excited about this movie. It looks pretty cool with some amazing graphics and a good story.




posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
So is anyone excited about this movie. It looks pretty cool with some amazing graphics and a good story.


Hell yeah im looking forward to seeing it. I first saw the trailer a couple of months ago. The movie looks awesome. Can't wait.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For some reason the whole movie looks like its computer generated. But still likes its acted out. Anybody else notice that??



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Looks like total and complete crap to me.

A repeat of how bad the Hulk was.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
For some reason the whole movie looks like its computer generated. But still likes its acted out. Anybody else notice that??


Thats because it is. All the sets are computer generated and almost all but the most simple props are computer generated. It is one of the first of its kind to film a movie in this way. Alot of work has been put into the computer graphics and it has taken years.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It looks like a modern "digital" version of 50's technicolor.

If there is a word for the look, I would say Retrofuturistic.

Interesting to look at. And It might end up being a good movie too...

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by spacedoubt]



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Looks like total and complete crap to me.

A repeat of how bad the Hulk was.


I second this Hulk was O.K but Sky Captain looks a load of carp.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In the end you still saw the Hulk. Go figure......



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
For some reason the whole movie looks like its computer generated. But still likes its acted out. Anybody else notice that??


its heavily styleized(sp) like a oldtime comic book form like the 40's. it looks really sweet. i plan on going to see it when it comes out. i hope it doesnt suck. ive been kinda disapointed by some movies this year. i hope it picks up here in the fall and winter.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If the trailers are any indication of how horrid the movie is going to be then you could not pay me enough to see it.:bash:



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't know looks very cheesy to me, way too much CGI for my taste.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You guys shouldget used to alot of CG in movies. In the future most movie sets will be blue screens.



posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah but the monsters in Alien and The Thing (JC's version) were must better than CGI. I prefer realistic sets to fake ones, same with the creatures. Its distracting when you can tell the monster is obviously fake.



posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Yeah but the monsters in Alien and The Thing (JC's version) were must better than CGI. I prefer realistic sets to fake ones, same with the creatures. Its distracting when you can tell the monster is obviously fake.


I think that is the reason why the new Star Wars movies are so unmemorable. Just to much CGI.



posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
computers are getting so advanced now adays that there might not even be actors in movie 100 years from now. enjoy movies now whild you can



posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
You guys shouldget used to alot of CG in movies. In the future most movie sets will be blue screens.
To true its the futer of movies it is unfornatly inevitable.



posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
computers are getting so advanced now adays that there might not even be actors in movie 100 years from now. enjoy movies now whild you can


Things like the Final Fantasy movie! I'm sorry but if I wanted to watch a cartoon then I will watch a cartoon.



posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
all i got to say is , Does anyone remember the movie The Rocketeer??
this movie sucked slightly less than that..



posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Big Jennifer Connely fan...NOTHING with her in it can suck that bad, so yep, I remember the Rocketeer, hehe....

So, has anybody now seen it??? I'm waiting for dvd renting...



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I hope all future movies dont go with this format. Give us some real acting with real sets, PLEASE!!!!!. On a positive note, Anjelina Jolie still looks great, no matter what she appears in. As for the movie itself, i thought it was as a "B" grade movie. Any other comments from ATS members.?





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join