It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros issues New Warning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalsurfer

Hey Survival, I do "prattle on." Could you be more specific please? Unless you were responding to
another members reply.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Hey Dolphinfan, I was not sure if the last poster was addressing you or me.

But thanks for handling that for me.

I read your responce, and with all its accuracy, the same could be said of Goldman Sachs,
Cerberus, etc. or even Merill Lynch. The latter just slushed and flushed their guilt onto the
FDIC. Not much news about that, but in fact, that is Serious News for The People of The United States of America. For it is more Taxpayer liability. More Compound Interest Debt.

So to be clear, I am neutral on the subject of George Soros.
I thought it might prove interesting to certain ATS members who remain current on such Topics.
Best to you, Wildmanimal

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Actually in many ways firms like Goldman are far worse in that they actually make liquid markets they simultaneously drive up on their trading desks while shorting with their corporate accounts unbeknownst to the traders. What the traders hear is "Go baby, Go" while dudes like Hank Paulson, John Corzine and the like are sitting up in their offices, telling their CFO to short that market with their corporate cash accounts and laughing all the way to the bank. When that market goes up, other people's cash rolls in.

This is at least as corrupt and nefarious and act as what Soros does. For firms like Goldman, they are bringing public investor cash into the game, the vast majority of that cash being invested by institutional investors on behalf of pension accounts where pensioners are having their own cash, which they believe is being managed according to a stated risk profile and under ERISA standards is in fact riding the speculative wave - that wave being created by the large investment banks trading their own books.

Soros is a bad dude, but there is a very big difference between Soros and Goldman and its a simple one. Soros is putting his own cash at risk. Goldman is in many ways putting average investor, including the retired school teacher's money at risk. Soros could possibly (not very likely) lose every dime he has. That simply can not happen for an investment bank - its always going to be worth something.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
reply to post by AllUrChips

Here's an article from Reuters on Soros and OWS.

Soros: not a funder of Wall Street protests

Source:www.reuters.com...

Oh ok, its official then, the MSM said its not true so Ill just have to believe that then

Next your gonna tell me 9-11 wasnt an inside job
Cuz the MSM said so

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalsurfer
You do prattle on and you are as usual quite ignorant ,Soros is a money man yes, but he is also
a bit of an anarchist,he is pro legalisation of pot and he funds numerous projects around the world ton the tune of about 1 billion$ per anum which are definetly good for the local poeple and the environment,so before you start bashing someone you know nothing about do yourselfs a flavour and do some research before you launch into the next pecking frenzy...

The "anarchist" thing is interesting. How is he in that catagory?

The pro-pot retoric is just a rouse to stimulate popularity.

He makes big money from the high prices because of "illegal" status.

Soros was also all for that U.S. legislation that "forced" him to take the one fund underground.
Now he can hide the investors and hide the money at the same time.

His surface policies and statements are all hype for the money agenda.

Some think Soros is a distant blood relative of the Rothschild family.
His "official" family history is thin and can't be traced easily.

You need to read between the lines with him.

"Success" makes believers out of anybody.

Everybody loves a winner.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think it's good to heed his warning.
It's all the things people following economics, are already fearful of.
The crazy right hate Soros, so I have no problem with him.
Alex Jones says he's single handedly responsible for killing the Jews
during WWII, Hitler apparently helped a little.
Where does Mr. Jones come up with this **** ? (60 minutes interview ? Yeah right.)
Of course I'm exaggerating, but he is certainly on the wing nut hit list.
As a matter of fact his name is said with such venom on the right that he must be
dangerous. And by that I mean dangerous to them. ( Koch bros etc)
It's time to learn to farm people, and you should have a couple solar panels ready.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join