It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros issues New Warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I know the mixed feelings here on ATS concerning this Character, but it is always good to stay
current. My take on his recent statements seem to be fairly honest and straightforward.

Link :

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I did do a search but only found his last comments/warnings from last Summer.

As most of you realize, the recent economic collapse was Never corrected in such a way that
it would not happen again. A very Expensive Financial "Band Aid" was applied, but I think it is
starting to fall off in the bath now.

It amazes me that so many leaders are still persuing their Fantasy Land solutions to this crisis.

A Big Blue and White Ship of Fools.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He is quoted as saying . . .

"self-reinforcing process of disintegration."

Is that like him?
Such extreme language.
I'm not very familiar with Soros.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hes upset that the movement he created (OWS) is not having the effect it was supposed to.

Second. line

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I don't know why people don't trust him.

A photo from his latest press conference. . . .

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
George Soros...The man known for breaking the Bank of England and making large portions of his IMMENSE wealth (1% doesn't do justice to the level of obscene wealth some people have) at the hard loss of numerous poorer nations around the world. He talks the talk and when the cameras are on..he walks the walk. A pretty impressive feat for one of the most evil people to live in modern times, in my opinion. Bush is a man many people hate, and for some good reasons I suppose. George Soros is at the rarified level where they BUY and SELL people like George Bush before breakfast and throw in a couple Putin's for lunch.

Having said all that..Sure I'm interested to hear what the Emperor has to say. Vlad over in Russia is a man I view as one of the worst enemies the United States has or has had in recent living memory, but I still read every statement he makes. It's very good to know what the ENEMY has to say...it helps fight the waves of corruption they keep throwing at us.

Thanks for the heads up on what was on his mind as he figures a way to profit from this crash too.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well I remember that BoondockSaint had a thing against him.
Felt that he was some kind of puppet master behind a wide range of nefarious activities.
But I don't remember any particular salient quote that had anything stronger than
many of the other platitudes we get from other public relations figures.
Disintegration seems like an escalation word.

The only way I can see his handlers going for it
is if the intention is to disturb. But if he just
blurted it out cause he is scared...

Does Soros have a record of fear mongering?

David Grouchy
edit on 5-12-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Well whether you like him or not, you have to respect his intelligence.
I don't think he is "Fear Mongering" here. I think he is telling like it is.
Considering he is in his golden years, I believe he has done some soul searching
and would not be suprised if further assessments by this fellow are published...Soon.

Thanks for your reply

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I don't really believe he created that. I think the Banksters created that by "privatizing the gains,
and socializing the losses" way too many times and with way too much magnitude.
Remember the Junk Bond Bailout fiasco back in the 1990's? At any rate, The People of The United States of America, and The World for that matter,
are furious. That is, except for the Clueless who have no idea that their future is being stolen, and their standard of living has just got moved down to trailer park status.
As far as Soros having influence, you could be right. I really haven't done the research on the matter.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: grammar and content

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thats a really nice picture of Dick Cheney you posted there!

Great Stuff!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by beezzer

Thats a really nice picture of Dick Cheney you posted there!

Great Stuff!

Actually, it's Rupert Murdoch.
SHHHHHH
(don't tell)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Here's an article from Reuters on Soros and OWS.

Soros: not a funder of Wall Street protests

Source:www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Well thank you for that reply. As I have mentioned originally, I know the mixed bag of attitudes here
about Mr. Soros, but again, as Hunter S.Thompson would say, "Stay Current, at all cost, Stay Current."
Interesting times indeed. By the way, when the Chinese say, "May you live in interesting times,"
it is a subtle curse.

Others have said, Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. You know that already.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Aha! Thanks for clarifying that. In fact that feels more accurate
considering his recent Exposure as such a hideous excuse for a human being.
Some folks think they will live forever I guess.

Best to you

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Thanks! I will read it. I am a Book/Article worm to the max.
I appreciate the link.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for you excellent comments Wrabbit, and yes, your are Wise to "Stay Current."

I appreciate you opinion and reply.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Soros'investment has always been in the hardship of others. He has a history of selling currency short in massive fashion and then going on TV or in the papers pitching this doom and gloom scenario. The currency gets hammered and he picks up a few more $billions.

In July of this year, Soros' Quantum Fund, a large hedge fund rolled under the new SEC disclosure rules impacting hedge funds that would make transparent the assets held by those funds. Soros promptly bought out the outside investors to the tune of $1bn so as not to have to disclose what is held in the fund.

www.guardian.co.uk...

No doubt that Soros has been banking on the tanking of the EU economy for some time. Now he wrings his hands about how awful the whole business is.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Hey Dolphinfan, Thanks for the Radiocheck. Yes I am aware of some of his tactics. Selling short
and betting against the very concepts promoted is the Modus Operandi of the hedge fund business.
As well as media manipulation and a hatful of other tricks. There are no rules with this club except
the bottom line. Unless you get caught of course. Even then as recent history clearly documents,
the "Fines" still fall below the profit margin. So, it is just another tax deductable business expense.
Thanks for the link, I will read it.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 5-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: spell correction

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Well I have to go screw the maid now. So I will have to check back in later.
Thanks to you all for your participation and thoughts.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You do prattle on and you are as usual quite ignorant ,Soros is a money man yes, but he is also
a bit of an anarchist,he is pro legalisation of pot and he funds numerous projects around the world ton the tune of about 1 billion$ per anum which are definetly good for the local poeple and the environment,so before you start bashing someone you know nothing about do yourselfs a flavour and do some research before you launch into the next pecking frenzy...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalsurfer

Its a pretty simple model that only has a few steps:

1. Bet against a currency with short sells
2. Dump the currency with massive holdings that you have accumulated over time, driving up the value of the short sells.
3. Go into countries who now have economic issues due to the collapse of their currency and hammer the government of that country for not doing enough for the "people" when the government has been made unable to provide for the less fortunate because Soros has hammered the economy
5. As the government teeters, place a ton of additional short sells. They actually pay off better on a transaction basis than the first set because you're not dumping your own currency holdings to make the shorts pay off - now everyone is dumping the currency
6. Toss about some cash to make folks think you're a good guy
7. Take those contributions as tax write-off sets
8. Take the gains and repeat steps 1-5

Soros has created expontially more hardship for people around the world by destablizing governments, currencys and economies than he has remedied by tossing his pocket change around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join