It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Signs Your A Slave!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You might be a slave if…

1. You hate when your alarm clock buzzes: If you don’t wake up everyday with fantastic anticipation to be alive, you might be living under someone else’s command. In fact, if you have to wake up at the same time every day, you’re probably someone’s slave.

2. You’re forced to pay for causes you vehemently oppose: If you’re a peaceful person but are forced to pay for wars done in your name, you might be a slave. Likewise, if you’re forced to pay for corporate welfare of failed institutions while you struggle to stay healthy, you’re surely a slave.

3. You expect someone else to take care of you: If someone other than yourself takes care of you, then you’re likely beholden to them in countless ways. Be careful, you might be a slave if you demand that the government give you something other than freedom.

4. You must follow laws that your Master may break: If the rule of law only applies to you and your lowly peers, while the Masters get away with murder, you’re clearly a slave in an unjust system.

5. You think mob rule is better than personal freedom: If you believe that majority rule is always better for you than free will, then you’re most certainly a slave.“Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.” — Mahatma Gandhi.

6. You condemn beliefs of others: If you’re taught to hate the beliefs of others who have never harmed you, then your mind has been thoroughly confined by your Master’s implanted beliefs.

7. You believe people should be caged for consuming a product: If you believe that it’s okay to cage humans for consuming a product in private, then you probably love your enslavement.

8. You sit in traffic for more than one hour a day: If you waste over 360 hours a year (10,800 hours over a 30-year career, that’s 450 days) commuting to a job you despise, your time and life belongs to someone else.

9. You’re forced to wear a uniform: If you’re forced into a dress code of any kind, including a suit and tie, you’re a show clown with someone to impress in order to receive your daily bread.

10. You watch over 20 hours of TV per week: If you occupy your amazing mind in front of a glowing box in the room for 1,040 hours a year (43 days), then your unlimited creativity is impossibly chained to a lifetime of mindlessness.

theintelhub.com...

WOW, Im a slave. Really makes you think now huh.
The only way anythings going to change is if there is a full system collapse. But with that many will suffer. They will have withdraws of the system that use to feed them and they will riot.
edit on 5-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You had me at No 1

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't think all of these things make you a slave - but are symptoms of a larger problem.

That problem is called apathy.

Most people just don't care anymore, or are so content with being "taken care of" that the thought of stepping out and doing something unique scares them.

People desire stability, and all of the symptoms of being a slave as you stated are byproducts of security.

People would rather be apathetic to advancement, than to risk harming their future through an unknown.

It's human nature.

Most of these things are also a byproduct of debt.

Who ever you are indebted to is your master, and you are their slave.

So I think apathy and debt to a person or thing is the main cause.

So should the question be are we slaves, or how do we cure apathy and debt?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The brightside is slaves always get stronger then those who enslaved them eventually
but yes FOR NOW A EARTH SLAVE to the who make me 1.... FOR NOW

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i may be poor

i may be unemployed

but i only fall under one of these catagories.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I disagree with #3, it implies that they have the ability to give something to you that is a natural right to all.

Other than that, you had me a 1
I don't think of it as slavery though, more like bonded or indentured servitude (mortgage).
edit on 5-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
I don't think all of these things make you a slave - but are symptoms of a larger problem.

That problem is called apathy.

Yes, that is it. I live in the Uk and people just genreally do not give a # anymnore.

As for the OP. I suppose I can only relate to 1 or 2 of those.I stopped doing that # a long time ago. Make sure you have a way of earning money(legally) and you can pretty much stay off the radar and be left alone to do what you want when you want. In my opinion it always come down to that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You are very right. It's just too bad that we've gotten to the point that we need to have a system collapse. But to me that's the only thing that could change our situation. Hopefully we will have accomplished this in the next 100 years. But we will always have the people who don't mind being the slave, dragging down everyone else... This is what really disgusts me

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

What's sad to me is that the only thing that ever seems to drag people out of apathy is when something horrible happens.

For example - the OWS people. It took the nation, and the world's economy to start taking a dump before they were moved into action.

Now I don't agree with the OWS people, or their doctrine, it's just that why does things have to get so bad before people have gull to stand up and do something about it.

I have taken proactive steps in my life to make my life better - I've worked since I was able too, sacrafised alot of free time and play to get ahead.

Now I'm a 29 year old man, with a nice house, a functional vehicle, a great family and friends - and I have little regreats.

Now I can live my life with security - while it lasts - because of the steps I have taken.

However, there are others that don't care - and they are lulled into an apathy by society, who determines what they do and say because it is the safe road to travel.

If people were to stand up and make this world what we want it, then the world would be a much better place.

But lets face it - most people are sheep, and need to be lead by a shepheard.

Unfortunantly most shepheards are evil, manipulative pricks, who don't have their sheeps best interest at heart.

Most people are motivated by obsticles - most of the time those obsticles are race, religion, war, polotics, etc.

I just wish that for once our moitivation as a race would be love, compassion, kindness, and giving to our fellow man.

But I don't beleive we will ever see such a world untill certain events take place, which I will refrain from saying here - just to make sure I don't change topics.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
You might be a slave if…

1. You hate when your alarm clock buzzes: If you don’t wake up everyday with fantastic anticipation to be alive, you might be living under someone else’s command. In fact, if you have to wake up at the same time every day, you’re probably someone’s slave.

2. You’re forced to pay for causes you vehemently oppose: If you’re a peaceful person but are forced to pay for wars done in your name, you might be a slave. Likewise, if you’re forced to pay for corporate welfare of failed institutions while you struggle to stay healthy, you’re surely a slave.

3. You expect someone else to take care of you: If someone other than yourself takes care of you, then you’re likely beholden to them in countless ways. Be careful, you might be a slave if you demand that the government give you something other than freedom.

4. You must follow laws that your Master may break: If the rule of law only applies to you and your lowly peers, while the Masters get away with murder, you’re clearly a slave in an unjust system.

5. You think mob rule is better than personal freedom: If you believe that majority rule is always better for you than free will, then you’re most certainly a slave.“Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.” — Mahatma Gandhi.

6. You condemn beliefs of others: If you’re taught to hate the beliefs of others who have never harmed you, then your mind has been thoroughly confined by your Master’s implanted beliefs.

7. You believe people should be caged for consuming a product: If you believe that it’s okay to cage humans for consuming a product in private, then you probably love your enslavement.

8. You sit in traffic for more than one hour a day: If you waste over 360 hours a year (10,800 hours over a 30-year career, that’s 450 days) commuting to a job you despise, your time and life belongs to someone else.

9. You’re forced to wear a uniform: If you’re forced into a dress code of any kind, including a suit and tie, you’re a show clown with someone to impress in order to receive your daily bread.

10. You watch over 20 hours of TV per week: If you occupy your amazing mind in front of a glowing box in the room for 1,040 hours a year (43 days), then your unlimited creativity is impossibly chained to a lifetime of mindlessness.

theintelhub.com...

WOW, Im a slave. Really makes you think now huh.
The only way anythings going to change is if there is a full system collapse. But with that many will suffer. They will have withdraws of the system that use to feed them and they will riot.

I love the way No.9 is worded!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

1-10 = American.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm not a slave.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am a slave even though i dont have debt. I dont really own my property even though i paid for it in cash, because i have to pay property taxes and value taxes. I have money in the bank but its not really my money. I have to pay a tax on the amount.

When i bought my Audi A8 i had to pay the government their share in taxes.

When i receive my salary i have to pay the government 48% in taxes before i have the salary on my account. At the end of the year i usually have to pay a additional tax because 48% wasn't enough.

Some people have to the nerve to say that i am a ego when i complain that i have to pay 48% tax when i dont have any debt.

But.

Why should i have to suffer because if have made some smart choices in my life, like saving and paying of debt.

Why should i pay more tax than people who have taken up debt to satisfy their personal needs/ego?

Why should these people pay less tax than i do?

Who are really the egos here ???

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
I am a slave even though i dont have debt. I dont really own my property even though i paid for it in cash, because i have to pay property taxes and value taxes. I have money in the bank but its not really my money. I have to pay a tax on the amount.

When i bought my Audi A8 i had to pay the government their share in taxes.

When i receive my salary i have to pay the government 48% in taxes before i have the salary on my account. At the end of the year i usually have to pay a additional tax because 48% wasn't enough.

Some people have to the nerve to say that i am a ego when i complain that i have to pay 48% tax when i dont have any debt.

But.

Why should i have to suffer because if have made some smart choices in my life, like saving and paying of debt.

Why should i pay more tax than people who have taken up debt to satisfy their personal needs/ego?

Why should these people pay less tax than i do?

Who are really the egos here ???

I feel your pain. makes you ask, are we really free?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Are we free?

I have thought about that a lot lately. Because now the government wants me to measure my house from wall to wall. The irony is that i asked if i could send them the bill for doing the work, and they laughed me right in the face.

No, we are for from free.

I used to be a combat diver and i learned allot about the system from serving. We worked a lot with the Police Deltas, and the way things were displayed on the wall was right down scary.

When looking at what was displayed; We were displayed as a barrier between the government and the people.

I even asked the question; What are the odds of a citizen ever been able to indite a political leader for the crimes s/he commits. In comparison to a political leader arresting a citizen for the crimes s/he commits.

The odds are quite slim to impossible. It must be done from within the government it self.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is a path to freedom.

Not many have the faith to be free though.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
10 Signs Your A Slave!

#11...You feel obligated to encourage the proper use of you are (you're) versus your.

I am a slave!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I actually love the hell out of my career and have a lot of freedom as far as hours go when I'm not in meetings, so I don't mind the alarm clock and usually have great anticipation for my day. UNFORTUNATELY, this has made me recognize that my masters are a 4 year old little girl and a 5 year old little boy who take great pride in making sure daddy never sleeps even remotely "in."

2. Actually I prefer to consider this being victim to a horrible crime.

3. Nope, no slavery here.

lol, the majority of us who follow that unjust system prefer to call it "Christianity."

5. It isn't always better, but there is a clear danger of treading into a full blown catch 22 or anarchistic situation with this one. Example... some may believe they have a right to drink and drive. I don't consider it slavery for the majority to say "Do it and we'll throw your ass in jail."

You do realize a lot of opinions are formed thanks to self, right?

7. I think the majority of America agrees with you here.

8. Disagree, but not applicable to me as I have about a 20 minute drive to get to work, dealing with very mild traffic.

9. Let's hear it for those of us who always dress casually! Believe it or not, there are some out there who actually enjoy wearing a suit and tie. It is kinda like the idiots who wear their britches way low like their hemmeroids are acting up... I'll never understand it, but to each his own.

10. Bull. TV is no more limiting to creativity and brain rotting than the internet.

top topics

join