It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel forced to remove 'insulting' ads in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Israel forced to remove 'insulting' ads in US

www.smh.com.au

JERUSALEM: After a wave of complaints, Israel's government has cancelled a public relations campaign aimed at encouraging Israelis living in the United States to return home.
The Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, ordered the campaign to be shelved after receiving a letter from the Jewish Federations of North America that said the message of the advertisements and videos was ''outrageous and insulting''.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.truthtellers.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
One of the ads on tv has a Jewish girl anouncing that she will be celebrating Christmas this year and the tag line is, "
''Before Hanukkah turns into Christmas, it's time to return to Israel.''

This ad is directly aimed at Americans who happen to be Jews. This evidence of the awfulness of the Israeli mentality how they have a deep hostility towards Christianity.

Basically, the zionist Jews in Israel are saying that America is not a place for a good Jew as if America and Christianity are sewers.

You will find religious intolerance in orthodox Judaism deep rooted and terrible. Jesus articulated so much before he was crucified by them.

If you have doubt about Jews in Israel, you should read what Christian and Muslim Palestinians say and you will be shocked.

Who ever said Judaism is the religion of peace? Try it out as the religion of pieces with the help of a phosphorus shell no doubt.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Already covered in at least 2 other threads.

2nd line.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-12-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-12-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

Careful, reporting that the "Jewish Federations of North America" have asked Israel to stop their ad campaign, which was at the least in bad taste, is antisemitic around these parts. You'll also be introduced to countless articles explaining how horrible Israels enemies are and how they do things much worse than this, and since you didn't mention those acts, you must fully support them.

I find the ad campaign in bad taste myself, there are plenty of valid reasons to visit Israel for Jews and non Jews alike, no need to make it against another religion, which it inevitably does become against another religion.

But those religions don't have special terms for that, and don't have special laws that make it illegal.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

If you want to see some of the commercials you can visit the other thread on this topic:

Israel Scraps TV Ads Aimed at Emigrants After Fury From US Jews

Don't worry, your thread gets to stay up since mine is in Middle East Issues and yours is in BAN

There is a good chance that American tax dollars funded those commercials since they were sponsored by the Israeli government

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Well said, I'm surprised they're not here already,

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

I’m surprised that the ads were pulled!

After all, so many people dislike the Jews, right? Why would anyone in America want the anti-diaspora ads removed if they’d lead to Jews leaving America??? Isn’t that what many of you would like to see happen?

Oh wait, then they’d leave here and head to the Israel where they apparently shouldn’t be allowed to live!

Man, this is confusing!! Where should Jews live?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Helixer

Careful, reporting that the "Jewish Federations of North America" have asked Israel to stop their ad campaign, which was at the least in bad taste, is antisemitic around these parts. You'll also be introduced to countless articles explaining how horrible Israels enemies are and how they do things much worse than this, and since you didn't mention those acts, you must fully support them.

I find the ad campaign in bad taste myself, there are plenty of valid reasons to visit Israel for Jews and non Jews alike, no need to make it against another religion, which it inevitably does become against another religion.

But those religions don't have special terms for that, and don't have special laws that make it illegal.

Who cares what zionists think. Honestly, I can call them racists and would they care? Freedom of speech allows us to speak our minds, being critical of something is not hatred. Those who think it is are threatened, for what reason, only God knows.

I am glad to see the Ads stopped, it's too bad they were even able to sell them to American TV Stations. Oh wait, they own most of them...
edit on 5-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Helixer

After all, so many people dislike the Jews, right? Why would anyone in America want the anti-diaspora ads removed if they’d lead to Jews leaving America??? Isn’t that what many of you would like to see happen?

Oh wait, then they’d leave here and head to the Israel where they apparently shouldn’t be allowed to live!

That has to be one of the most moronic posts I have ever seen.

Who said they don't want Jews in America?

Who said they don't want Jews in Israel?

You're post had various ignorant overtones that were very difficult to ignore.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I couldn't flipping care any less.

Israel wants the Jews to come back home? So what?

People are offended? So what?

Ads pulled? So friggin what?

IMO, there are more screwed up things afoot that I deem a lot more important than this crybaby BS.

WW3 is pulling up in our driveway. I have no idea what to expect when it rings the doorbell, and I am scared as hell of the 'what ifs'. But let's put all of that on hold because someone, somewhere got offended about some stupid television ad.

PS, this mini rant was not directed to anyone on this thread thus far.

Peace (please?)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Hey, thanks for the star! I do my best!!

I’ve heard more anti-Israeli garbage on ATS than I’ve heard my entire life. All I read about is how despicable Jews are (UHMMM…this OP) and how they are illegally occupying Palestine (other posts), etc, etc.

I’m not Jewish but I see the hatred for them expressed in so many posts and I’m trying to figure out what drives it. I figured maybe if I ask more provocative questions I may get closer to the truth…that’s all

Hey, thanks again!! Too bad you can only give me one star, right?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Helixer

You have never heard people blaming the "evil Jews" for all of the problems in America and that "they" own everything? You haven't seen some of the antisemitism spouted out at various places such as the occupy protests and that "they" should just "go home"?

You have never heard the antisemites saying that the Jews are "occupying" Palestine and that they should give the land back to the Palestinians? You've never heard any comments like these?

Do you have bruises on your head from the rock it was buried under? And you have the hilarious irony to call someone else ignorant.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I never gave you a star Einstein

I only star posts that contain at least a basic level level of intelligence, which yours did not

I have seen you on a few threads spreading propaganda and labeling criticism of Israel as Anti Semitic. Here is a video you might enjoy, it exposes the pathetic trick that you're trying to pull.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
finally they felt insulted enough to say enough is enough, about time...

I mean, I felt insulted when Dr. Ron Paul was told he couldn't speak at the debate because he was too extremist.

oh they were jews? HMMMMMMMMMMM.............

The Republican Jewish Coalition declined to invite Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) to its presidential candidates forum next Wednesday in Washington, citing his "misguided and extreme views."

RJC Executive Director Matt Brooks said Paul was not invited because the organization rejects his views. "He's just so far outside of the mainstream of the Republican party and this organization," he told Washington Jewish Week, adding that inviting him would be like inviting President Barack Obama.

"The U.S. sends about $3 billion per year to Israel in military aid alone."

they've proven the hijacking of America is almost complete.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I never gave you a star Einstein

Boy, you’re a sharp one!

I only star posts that contain at least a basic level level of intelligence, which yours did not

Thanks again!! Another star for me….look at me go!!

I have seen you on a few threads spreading propaganda and labeling criticism of Israel as Anti Semitic. Here is a video you might enjoy, it exposes the pathetic trick that you're trying to pull.

Look, I’m not Jewish! To be completely honest, I don’t even know anyone who is Jewish! I’ve been to Israel 4 times and I’ve trained with the IDF. Those people I was in contact with were good guys. We never talked about any issues like this so I don’t know their take on these things. I’m not part of some vast conspiracy to spread propaganda nor am I anyone’s shill. I’m just an average dude who calls it like I see it, and I see a lot of anti-Semitism (or whatever term you’d prefer). I’m just trying to figure out why there is so much hatred for them.

Would you like to share it with me? You seem to have a lot to say!

join