It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Election Issues Explained. Very important !!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If I am not wrong, most of us don't really know what our canidates are REALLY promising to their voters. They said that they would this or that when they run for president, but failed to keep their promise. Like out-sourcing jobs, i do not think that either one of them will do anything significantly about it. The problem is already to big to contain but one of them might be able to slow down to process.

There are a number of REAL issues that our canidates Kerry and Bush HAVE TO face next term no matter who wins. They are realistic issues that we as voters and citizens will have to live with. So choose WISELY.
The issues are:
* Abortion
* Capital Punishment
* Employment
* Federal Deficit
* Global Warming
* Gun Control
* Homeland Security
* Immigration
* Improving Schools
* International Trade
* Iraq
* Welfare

The link to the information above: people.howstuffworks.com...
I find it very informativa and helpful.




posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Let's not forget something that could be the most critical of all. It is speculated that up to 3 supreme court justices will need to be put into place in the next four years. If they are all ultra conservative I saw discussions by experts saying that Roe V Wade will be gone. That is of course a huge issue and women voters especially need to consider each candidates stand.

Also if we have our supreme court move either direction too far (left or right) our system of laws is going to be very open to challenge and change the face of our legal system for generations. Especially if the new justices are younger as most agree they would be. Either legacy could last for decades.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Let's not forget something that could be the most critical of all. It is speculated that up to 3 supreme court justices will need to be put into place in the next four years. If they are all ultra conservative I saw discussions by experts saying that Roe V Wade will be gone. That is of course a huge issue and women voters especially need to consider each candidates stand.

Also if we have our supreme court move either direction too far (left or right) our system of laws is going to be very open to challenge and change the face of our legal system for generations. Especially if the new justices are younger as most agree they would be. Either legacy could last for decades.


Doesn't surprise me if Bush installed some conservative judges or high government officials before the the election in case he doesn't get elected again. It has happened in our history before and i believe it will happen again.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Doesn't surprise me if Bush installed some conservative judges or high government officials before the the election in case he doesn't get elected again. It has happened in our history before and i believe it will happen again.

first the supremes are life time appointees....they decide when to retire, and seeing as how the senate must confirm any judges and they are not, I don't see how you think that can happen. And the high government officials ie...political appointees as well as being confirmed are often replaced by the next prez


[edit on 6-9-2004 by keholmes]



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

Originally posted by jazzmaster
Doesn't surprise me if Bush installed some conservative judges or high government officials before the the election in case he doesn't get elected again. It has happened in our history before and i believe it will happen again.

first the supremes are life time appointees....they decide when to retire, and seeing as how the senate must confirm any judges and they are not, I don't see how you think that can happen. And the high government officials ie...political appointees as well as being confirmed are often replaced by the next prez


[edit on 6-9-2004 by keholmes]


My mistake, not the judges. I can't remember what type of officials the president can install into the government but it did happen in the past. I have to go back to the textbooks to check.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think your referring to political appointees CIA chief etc...if the incoming prez wants he can fire them but unless they are doing a bad job he's gonna probably have some splainin to do.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Very sad that in this political year on elections the most important issues that affect our nation are pass over in the debate of who served who and who's medals are legit or not.

Pitiful, very pitiful this future of our country but public opinion is more important that domestic issues.

jazzmaster, thanks for bring it up the real issues that should be top priority in every american's mind but to sad most people don't even care.



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Very sad that in this political year on elections the most important issues that affect our nation are pass over in the debate of who served who and who's medals are legit or not.

Pitiful, very pitiful this future of our country but public opinion is more important that domestic issues.

jazzmaster, thanks for bring it up the real issues that should be top priority in every american's mind but to sad most people don't even care.




My pleasure. You are right about this issue, we are living in a lot of lies right now. The Patriot Act is a result of out fear of terrorism that the president took advantage of the situation. We have less and less privacy every year. This is a quote from Julius Caesar about this situation, and it really applies here:




Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.
And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.


I think the Patriot Act has justified this quote very truely



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Very nice quote I have to give it to the ancient civilizations some of them had more wisdom than most modern goverments.:shk:



posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Very nice quote I have to give it to the ancient civilizations some of them had more wisdom than most modern goverments.:shk:


I think they didn't have big corporations breathing down their necks like we do today. The idea of democracy was practiced by the Romans and Greeks way before us. Unfortunately they could not sustain their status as democratic governments. I think Emperor Nero was the first Roman leader to lead the country as an arnachy. I dont know about Greece.

You are right. The ancients seem to have had more knowledge about a lot of things that we barely know today. Wonder what got our world so messed up today.



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Like you said money and big corporations that it's what happend to American we are rule by them, behind the scenes. They pull the strings in our nation.



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Marg, you are correct, but unfortunately, they support both parties.



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You are right I did a research on another post on campaign contributions and yes they tend to share the contributions between both parties, now some companies like home depot here in the south favor one more than the other one.



posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
yes, the south tend to support the good ole boy's. I think it goes back to the civil war, where the south place more loyality to the state and family than to the federal government.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join