It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message received

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am not sure if this belongs here, it's a recent personal experience with regard to faith that I wanted to share.

About a month ago I was contacted by an HR recruiter of a truly awesome organization.

I currently have a good job, but this would be a career that offers a position much closer to my residency, more money and it is a much better overall position... sort of the culmination of my years of hard work and forward motion.

After having gone through the interview process of three meetings with various HR individuals and finally the President of the organization with whom I'd be working directly with, about a week went by with no email or phone call to indicate how it all went... then a week and a half, two weeks, etc. Of course I had put in a few calls to find out where they were in the process but I wasn't given any real answers....

At one point on my way to work I was getting stressed out, overthinking the interviews and giving it a lot of thought and I was having a conversation with (my) God, as I often do, asking for a sign good or bad. As I sat at a red light I happened to look up in front of me and there it was... A giant rainbow across the sky, as a back-drop to the steeple of a church (denomination unknown), and right at that moment a beautiful seagull was soaring right around the steeple.

Funny thing about that... It was a perfectly clear morning / sunny day and the new company uses a seagull as part of their logo.

For just that moment in time, I just knew.... I thought "message received", and was able to wait patiently for another week before getting the offer.

I start on January 3rd.

Thanks for reading

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Congrat's on the new Job, but coincidence's happen all the time it's a Law of the universe.
Instead of praying to God to send you a sign believe in yourself more, it's obvious that you are talented and that's why you got the Job.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Congrat's on the new Job, but coincidence's happen all the time it's a Law of the universe.
Instead of praying to God to send you a sign believe in yourself more, it's obvious that you are talented and that's why you got the Job.

Oh, I totally agree. That job was mine the moment I walked in the door. Trust me, no one has more confidence in their ability than I do. I practically flat-out told them they'd be sorry if they didn't hire me.

But, I don't believe in coincidence. I think everything happens for a reason.

Bottom line, I just wanted to post my experience for those who are faithful and in the mood for a lighter side feel good story.

Thanks for the comment

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nice one OP. # like this happens all the time with me. I don't ever tell people though when I see signs from God 'cos I know they'll think me insane.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Babbleman

Hahaha... well I don't think you're insane so no worries here
I am glad you enjoyed it and yeah, things like this happen to me a lot too.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

But, I don't believe in coincidence. I think everything happens for a reason
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I quit buying into the whole coincidence explanation a couple years ago.
At a certain point the signs become so evident that things can become predictable to those who have chosen to have the sight.
Thank you for sharing.If i were an artist i would go to work bringing the description to life now.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

But, I don't believe in coincidence. I think everything happens for a reason

I quit buying into the whole coincidence explanation a couple years ago.
At a certain point the signs become so evident that things can become predictable to those who have chosen to have the sight.
Thank you for sharing.If i were an artist i would go to work bringing the description to life now.

Oh absolutely! And even before this sign, or message, or whatever you want to call it, I just knew in my heart that this was supposed to be the next step in my life. I can't explain how I know or feel things, I just do and always have and I've always trusted in them and I've never been led in the wrong direction.

"To those who have chosen to have the sight." This is so true. Some people still can't "see" even when the message is right in front of them. I often wonder why that is... and I often feel bad for those people.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Often the coincidences are so obvious to your life it's very difficult to put them down to pure luck. Especially as they often come just when you need them too. They will happen to you as well you just don't look out for them. This is one of my theories why Muslims have held on to their faith so well, The Qu'ran explains these signs,

It's like saying the perfect alignment of life just happened because it just did. That the conditions were right on earth and in space for life because of coincidence.

I think it's difficult (or harder) for Americans to understand. Not because you lack intelligence or knowledge but because you associate religion as incompatible with science. Understandable as Catholic Europe abused Christianity.

But hey that's just my view and I don't wish to start a debate.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Awesome story. I have had similar things happening my whole life--too connected to be random. My wife needed me to jump her car one day. I had not jumped a battery for anyone in 10 years (before this day) besides my own motorcycle. She needed it done quick and I happened to be near by. It just so happened that I had jumped a car for a friend that morning and had moved the cables to my jeep. While she was waiting on me to come, she wondered if the oil needed to be changed. She was sitting there and looked at the mileage on the sticker. It matched, to the mile, the odometer. That spooked her somewhat after I told her about jumping someone that morning.

I have learned, over the last few years, to expect these things to happen. I need to open a door, someone just happens by with a key. I need a tool, someone happens by with it in their pocket. Sometimes I second guess and start to walk back somewhere when I need something. Most often, I simply move forward and it's there waiting.

Oddly enough, there are many people that walk life with the opposite happening to them. Nothing goes right. I account for my synchronicity with these verses:

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Anyone can claim synchronicity in their lives, but only faith allows us to see the source.

Matthew 5

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well, my God answers my prayers when i need them to be answered, not when i want him to answer. He gives me what i need, not what i want. It took me 20 years to figure that out. You just have to learn to recognize it when he does it and give him thanks.

I've been finding out lately that when God blsses me i can expect an attack from Satan not long after, God's been blessing me alot lately and Satan has been after me hardcore for it.
edit on 8-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

My God gives me everything I need and want... always has, always will

I do recognize it... I feel bad for those who don't.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't know anything about satan, nor do I care too. I don't allow that type of influence into my life.

new topics

top topics

join