It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man eats stray animals in order to survive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

A 39 year old man named Vladimir Mariuhnici from the Republic of Moldavia is hunting and killing stray dogs and cats in order to get some meat to eat.

"Its normal meat. Its not altered and it doesn't smell" he said.

He uses the fur from the animals in order to keep himself warm during the harsh moldavian winter.

He has a degree in electronics and worked for a while in Ucraine as a welder and now he lives in a small hut made out of stics and bags and obviously animal fur near a village.

Source: ProTV Romania - the source is in romanian so i made a short translation of the main ideas and parts of the video (to describe where he was living)

So what do you think? Should this man be judged because of his actions?

My opinion is, good for him because he found a way to survive even if he is at an all time low in his life.

edit on 12/6/2011 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Edit- Please use EX tags for external content.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
He did what he had to, it's all to easy to let emotion rule your head when thinking about a human being eating stray pets and animals. Put yourself in a position where you haven't eaten for a few days - or longer and all of a sudden this mans decision to feed himself is only natural.

I would expect to see this as a growing trend after the economic collapse.

edit on 5-12-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: spelling weevil

edit on 5-12-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dog, cat, and rat were common things on the menu during the American Revolution. Acturally, after the revolution there were almost no cats or dogs left in the big cities.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"A 39 year old man named Vladimir Mariuhnici from the Republic of Moldavia is hunting and killing stray dogs and cats in order to get some meat to eat.
"

key word stray !

justified . Hes doing the dogs and cats and him self a favor , also the people around a favor too by taking care of stray pets

Seems like a win win for everyone except maybe peta

p.s- wow that is one hot reporter , i love blondes so much ! ty god for blondes

edit on 5-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

I don't find it strange, as a comment in the news said: "So dogs and cats deserve to live but cows, chicken and pigs don't? Who decides that?"

And as the man said: Its meat ... nothing more to add.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

An educated person doing it tough - this does not surprise me. He is obviously surviving and good for him. As much as I love animals he is doing what he has to do to get through life. I imagine we will see much more of this in the very near future.

I feel we will see many educated people struggling and many people in a dazed and confused state as the global leaders and their psychopathic systems crumble before our eyes.

Thank you for posting and for your work in translating so that we can all share this persons journey properly.

Much Peace...to those who are doing it tough...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I believe the man is doing what he needs to do to survive. When a person is deprived of key things needed to live their human instinct kicks in.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That is intense. I wonder how long before he worked out the nerves to go on with this new lifestyle change, which I'm sure was not his first choice but much better then turning into a thief.

Hopefully all the animals were indeed strays and not house pets from someone's backyard.

As bad as the idea might seem to others, survival is survival. Seeing how it snows there a lot, I doubt there is much edible vegetation around for him to go the way of the vegan.

Stories like this just makes me glad that as bad as I "think" I have it in life, that my life is really paradise when compared to what others in this world is going through.

I hope the best for this dude. This is not a life anyone should be forced to endure or live. May his next life bring better happiness.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

True but most people won't accept such an answer because cats and dogs are cute and pets, therefore on a higher level than cows, pigs and other 'uncute' animals that can't be pet.

I also don't see anything wrong with it. Animals are there to be eaten, it's the natural food chain.
Besides, the guy wants to survive, so as long as he doesn't turn to cannibalism and kills humans, everythings OK.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
I'll bet it's a lot easier to catch a cat or dog than, say, a rabbit.

He should get himself a few rat traps. Rats is good eatin', and checking a few traps each day is easy enough.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I think if the man were killing stray dogs and cats for something other than his own personal survival in eating them, he absolutely should be judged. Psychotic would be fitting to my thinking....

He isn't killing them for anything other than food though, and so I see nothing wrong with his personal actions here. I hate to imagine that would be the fate of a couple pets I've had run off over my life, but it's probably better I never learned what did become of them.

If anything is to be judged, I'd say it's the society to puts a human being in the position of living such a hard existence among us in the first place. Judge society...indeed. In that judgement, psychotic still isn't that far off an accurate diagnosis.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

I don't find it strange, as a comment in the news said: "So dogs and cats deserve to live but cows, chicken and pigs don't? Who decides that?"

And as the man said: Its meat ... nothing more to add.

I agree and we are meat too and we should respect the right of a bear or mountain lion to eat a hunter if he can manage!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How does he make sure they are strays? If he ate my Cat I would track him down and duff him up ;D
But as long as they are wild beast's and don't belong to anyone I have no problem with it.
In fact I wouldnt mind spending a week or two with him, he could teach me alot about survival.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sad but natural. My grandmothers family would do that during the war...not that they wanted to but when you have 13 mouths to feed you will do anything to help them survive. During a time you can't feed your family no one can afford to feed these strays (whom used to be family pets, or new generations of most often) so there was an abundance. If the animal your killing to survive was scrounging for food itself, to me is no different than going into the woods and hunting.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
How does he make sure they are strays? If he ate my Cat I would track him down and duff him up ;D
But as long as they are wild beast's and don't belong to anyone I have no problem with it.
In fact I wouldnt mind spending a week or two with him, he could teach me alot about survival.

And probably some electronics and welding too

But in eastern europe its easy to spot a stray, they are unlealthy looking, dirty and extremely skinny.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If the animals were strays, I have no problem with it. Meat is meat.

The problem a person in this situation may face is that it was not hunting season for the animals killed (although I've never heard of a cat or dog hunting season). If this becomes a reality for more people, look for the governments to establish "hunting seasons" for "strays".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
If the animals were strays, I have no problem with it. Meat is meat.

The problem a person in this situation may face is that it was not hunting season for the animals killed (although I've never heard of a cat or dog hunting season). If this becomes a reality for more people, look for the governments to establish "hunting seasons" for "strays".

There will never be a hunting season for strays
Strays are kind of like pests, not everyone sees them this way though.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If I ever go homeless, doves will be my sustenance. Easy to kill. Quick to clean and delicious to eat. And they are everywhere around here where I live. I do not know about eating dogs and cats.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

Maybe the powers will do that in order to get poor people like this guy to starve to death .... It won't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

why kill things when you can take what has already been killed? ok maybe this video does not sound like the ideal thing, and i know we would all prefer something that we know is very very very fresh, but this is another idea for survival at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join