It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Dozens of bodies taken to Syria's Homs hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Report: Dozens of bodies taken to Syria's Homs hospitals

www.jpost.com

BEIRUT - More than 60 bodies were taken to several hospitals in Syria's central city of Homs on Monday, activists in the city said.

Circumstances of their deaths were not immediately clear but activists and residents in several neighborhoods reported a spate of kidnappings since Sunday, a tactic used in recent sectarian killings in the city which has been the hotbed of armed opposition to Syrian President Bashar Assad.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said pro-Assad
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I will be honest and admit I don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to news about Syria. I know Assad has killed a lot of people, but this does not sound like something he would need to do, I could be wrong though.

Part of me believes that there are certain groups in Syria who are performing these kidnappings in order to make Assad look bad and advance to the next step what ever that may be.

All this international condemnation towards Assad is bound to lead to more sanctions, no fly zone, or even bombardments or a ground invasion. These events would certainly help speed up any of those options.

www.jpost.com

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I will be honest and admit I don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to news about Syria. I know Assad has killed a lot of people, but this does not sound like something he would need to do, I could be wrong though
www.jpost.com

Do you actually know he has killed a lot of people, or is this from reports you have read?

I am not defending anyone here, I do not know as much as I should about the man, I am just curious about how people structure sentences here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Interesting story there and it sounds like things are heating up inside Syria. I wonder if change in regime is really in the offing there WITHOUT the cheat mode of NATO and the United States to pummel the whole nation into shape?

An interesting thing I noted though from a Drudge Report headline and it's story. The opposition, in an effort to draw NATO and Western support, seems to have declared they will cut off all relations and cooperation with Iran, Hezbollah and related proxy organizations being backed out of Tehran.

While that is a noble gesture on their part...I guess...I'd note Hezbollah has had it's headquarters in Damascus for as long as I can recall. I think that was even true during the bad old days of Beirut in the 80's.. Yeah, good luck with telling them all to vacate the nation and hit the bricks. I guess that means if the opposition wins, it'll simply win a MUCH larger multi-national war for the remains of Syria to the best fighting force.

I've never changed my thinking on this one..Leave Syria for the Syrians... or at the outside, leave it to the Middle Eastern powers. The U.S. and NATO had absolutely no business bum rushing and destroying Libya. They have FAR LESS business raping Syria. If Syria is to change in major ways...let that be change from WITHIN where it belongs. Just the rambling thoughts of one very worried Bunny...as we watch the pieces for World War III fall into place and click.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I don't actually know that he has killed a lot of people. I have no fear in admitting that I believe most the media coming out of there is complete BS, but I do know some of it is true. I have a few "pen pals" from over there who fill me in every once in a while. Syria is not a good place to live. The standard is high compared to a lot of other nations, but it's not fun living under a dictator.

If by a small chance you think I'm one of the Muslim haters from ATS that thinks the whole Middle East is a dump you can check my post history and see that I am against all the lies and propaganda we are fed about this region, but Assad is killing people.

It could be in self defense because it's highly probably that these "defectors" are actually hired mercenaries causing civil unrest. The same thing would happen in the USA if armed rebels started attacking cities. There would be dead civilians everywhere.

I know we are being lied to, but there is no denying that people are getting slaughtered.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the input, this part of your post especially caught my attention:

An interesting thing I noted though from a Drudge Report headline and it's story. The opposition, in an effort to draw NATO and Western support, seems to have declared they will cut off all relations and cooperation with Iran, Hezbollah and related proxy organizations being backed out of Tehran.

I would like to see this report. It strengthens my opinion that Syria is just another Libya. The population of Syria would side with Iran, Hezbollah, and all Muslim nations minus Turkey over the West. To hear the "oposition" say they will side with NATO and sever ties with their kin folk proves that these rebel leaders are foreigners, or local people who have been bought out that do not have the interests of the Syrian people in mind. It's obvious that we are in the process of installing another puppet government in the ME.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Drudge Report has moved on and dropped that specific headline. I think it was yesterday morning I'd seen it there. Anyway, never fear, the Rabbit is on it! lol... I did find this source reporting the same story with some detail of exactly who said it and what context it was said in:

A Syria run by the country's main opposition group would cut military ties to Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas, the group's leader told the Wall Street Journal in an article published Friday.

This would remove a crucial Iranian military ally believed to play a key role in supplying arms to Hezbollah in Lebanon and backing the Palestinian Hamas, potentially leading to a dramatic reordering of regional power.

Last week Hezbollah, a powerful armed Shiite movement in Lebanon, reaffirmed its support for both Tehran and Damascus, calling the Syrian uprising an "international conspiracy."

Original Article

Things do keep getting more interesting over there, eh?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Interesting indeed...

Regrettably this new twist doesn't surprise me, it only confirms my suspicions

The part I'm unsure of is who they will use to overthrow Assad. In my opinion it will most likely be the Free Syria Army with financial and arms support from the West or an invasion led by Turkey.

top topics

join