It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very fast cylindrical UFO, [UK Sighting]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Absolutely can't get my head around this sighting,

Me and my brother set of for work this morning about 5:55am we was literally driving down some country lanes just casually chatting and just so happened to be looking at the same part of the sky when this happened, it was pitch black very starry cold & frosty morning we was both as i say just chatting away then witnessed a huge cylindrical object travaling at an incredible speed faster then any shooting star id ever seen,

My bro described the object as more of a boomerang shaped, it was literally the blink of an eye, literally a second, then nothing, gone, in this time it had travaled the sky we could see out the vans window, there are a few things were still are not sure on, and that is whether this object come from behind us or from strait up above & into the ground,

Mainly because had it have been very high up as it looked, it should have dissapeared/faded before it hit the ground? as shooting stars do, yet this thing did appear to be very high up and hit the ground because it never faded out, i'm sorry if i'm not making much sense,

We both duct down for cover as we thought at the time it had crashed, we was expecting a mighty explosion and both shouted WOAHHHH, WTF was that, it was just an amazing sight to be honest, the object was visible all the way down to the distant tree line which is where it vanished, , we thought the object may have crashed, but shortly after realised had it of crashed there would have been a mighty loud noise flash & explosion, yet there was nothing of the sort

a few things we noted was it was bang on 6AM

No noise

No tail

it was a solid very bright brilliant white light, even at the speed it was traveling it remained a solid shape with no tail, in the direction the object went we regularly see oncoming plane headlights which flare up very big & bright in the night sky, but the light kind of blends out and fades in a haze sort of, this light was approx 3 times as wide but was just a perfect long cylindrical object which kind of kept the light contained within the shape, it was a solid light, i don't really know how to explain it really it, i suppose the best way to describe it would be to have a perfectly black screen and to then draw a bright white line horizontal across the screen, that's the shape it kept even tho it zipped across the sky in a second, and as i said faster then any shooting start, just incredible speed,

I drew a little something of what i see, sorry i'm no artist

Are there any similar reports? just really curious i think this one will stay with me for a long time, even tho it was such a short sighting, its clearly burn into my memory, just incredible, i have totally rules out shooting stars because of the shape and because well, this was certainly no shooting star,

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Where are you living ? If you are living somwhere without many lights and high enough (1000meters) , that was a comet .

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Interesting, maybe it was a comet like the above poster guessed.

But you never know, I posted this in another thread this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Probably not related, but my mother just told me that she saw what looked like an UFO surrounded by helicopters this morning around 4:30am to 6:30am (she's not sure of the exact time) She said it was hovering and it looked like it had several lights or windows going all the way around.

My mother has no interest in UFO's usually, so it's quite interesting she saw this, she also said she's seen strange lights at around the same times before. So it seems like a peak time for whatever that was going on.

She lives in South London by the way.

It probably is not related this time too, but similar time frame and area, that peaks my curiosity. Thanks for posting.

edit on 5-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Comets do not travel that fast in your field of view.

Or how about the more plausible reflection on the van window!

One saw a cylinder the other a boomerang both in the same location thats how you cant go with what people think they see!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i live in Luton 30 or so miles north of london, the object was travaling north east where its appeared to hit the ground, it either come from directly above that spot and crashed down to the ground or come over our heads/van and hit over in that direction, if it did come over the top of us, the it would have come from the south west, very very fast object

No Comet it was a brilliant white line horizontal in the sky, it stayed horizontal through out its flight across the sky all the way down to the ground, see my poor drawing in above post

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can't say for sure.... but you guys could have witnessed a Foofighter that was in its high velocity atmospheric power phase. Witnessed one myself, one night back in 76; that was booking from the general direction of Washington D.C.

If the UFO had no fiery tail, like you said, heightens my awareness - That you could have seen a plasma generated magnetic field; with the starship encased inside the plasma field. My opinion - Is that alien starships need to create a lighted photon plasma field in the darkness of night, to fuel the photon hungry starlight engine.

Keep up the good work, and goodluck to your UFO hunting.

Erno86

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Comets do not travel that fast in your field of view.

Or how about the more plausible reflection on the van window!

One saw a cylinder the other a boomerang both in the same location thats how you cant go with what people think they see!

there was no lights inside the van or outside, just dark & quite country lane, we checked all of this and also on the rest of the journy to work, ruled out a number of other possibilities its been bugging us all day, i can't explain it,

it was as real as anything, we both ducted for cover as it appeared to hit the ground fearing a large explosion on impact, it was one of those moments when someone throws a ball at you and you arew forced to make a reaction,

excuse my spelling tonight pretty tired

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It headed North West - towards Biggleswade, Cambridge, Norwich, eventually ending up near Holland if it didn't crash

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was driving towards London on the A3, just near Tolworth this morning at 7.30am, it was quite light by this point. I noticed a white vertical object sitting still in the sky ahead of me. At first I thought it was a plane travelling towards or away from me with a very short vapour trail. I pointed it out to the guy in the van with me, and we were both watching it for about a minute while driving along. It didn't move, was like a narrow white upside down tulip shape sitting in the sky. Was definitely a large object far away and wasn't a plane or a helicopter. Could't discern any lights or details. We were looking at it so intently, that I missed my turning, cursed, and by the time we looked back a few seconds later, there was no sign of the object at all.

I only just joined ATS because I saw this post and thought I'd mention what I saw, as it was in a very similar area and around the same time. I was keeping half an eye out for any similar reports from today in the area, and was surprised to find this post.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Great! Yes OP, these are witnessed fairly frequently here in the UK, and worldwide. I've seen two of them myself. I describe them as if someone's flying a tube light from your kitchen through the sky, from horizon to horizon in no more than 5 or 6 seconds.

You may be interested to read this Wiki article

The sightings most often consisted of fast-flying rocket- or missile- shaped objects, with or without wings, visible for mere seconds. Instances of slower moving cigar shaped objects are also known. A hissing or rumbling sound was sometimes reported.

en.wikipedia.org...

My question would be - what were you doing earlier, if anything? Had you literally got up, gone out, head to work and saw it? Or had you been surfing the internet prior to leaving, or anything?
edit on 5-12-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Great! Yes OP, these are witnessed fairly frequently here in the UK, and worldwide. I've seen two of them myself. I describe them as if someone's flying a tube light from your kitchen through the sky, from horizon to horizon in no more than 5 or 6 seconds.

You may be interested to read this Wiki article

The sightings most often consisted of fast-flying rocket- or missile- shaped objects, with or without wings, visible for mere seconds. Instances of slower moving cigar shaped objects are also known. A hissing or rumbling sound was sometimes reported.

en.wikipedia.org...

My question would be - what were you doing earlier, if anything? Had you literally got up, gone out, head to work and saw it? Or had you been surfing the internet prior to leaving, or anything?

No i was watching the news for a good hour or so before leaving the house for the second time, no surfing tho?

to cut a long & funny story short, someone set my alarm for 4:30am instead of 5:30am, half asleep still i walked down to the bottom of my road where my bro picks me up, i stood there for a good 20minites wondering why it was so quiet before eventually looking at my phone to find out the actual time, wasn't so funny at the time,

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay. Thanks. Had the news influenced you in anyway? I mean, had your mind opened up to new posibilities, ideas or anything? I know I'm grasping at straws, it's just one of my sightings of these objects happened right after my mind had opened up to new possibilities regarding aliens.

Perhaps they are just sporadic, but often people wonder if these things are related to individuals. Still - good report, whatever it was

To add: These are important UFO's. Anyone who ever manages to see one will never claim it was a comet or meteorite again, because it quite clearly isn't.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Okay. Thanks. Had the news influenced you in anyway? I mean, had your mind opened up to new posibilities, ideas or anything? I know I'm grasping at straws, it's just one of my sightings of these objects happened right after my mind had opened up to new possibilities regarding aliens.

Perhaps they are just sporadic, but often people wonder if these things are related to individuals. Still - good report, whatever it was

To add: These are important UFO's. Anyone who ever manages to see one will never claim it was a comet or meteorite again, because it quite clearly isn't.

No absolutely nothing, like i said we was just chatting away and BOOM, ive always as far back as i can remember been a big believer in ET visiting Earth UFOs etc, as i had quite a few sightings as a kid and then found a mysteries magazine in the shops on the way to school once, been fascinated with the subject ever since,

However my brother wasn't a great believer, and was probably to young to remember are sightings as kids, hes always kind of been on the fence and just shrugs them of, or pasted them of as possible secret black projects, but this one had him stumped for answers, he knows as well as i do it couldn't possibly have been anything else, i still don't think he's a believer tho, he needs a better longer encounter, but sure, hes definitely scratching his head

I think this is my 3rd sighting in 2yrs now, seems some of us are lucky enough to see them regularly through out there life, and some never see one in there entire lifetime at all,

All my friend & family have seen there first and only UFO while being with me, whether that be working, fishing, having a BBQ what ever,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
It headed North West - towards Biggleswade, Cambridge, Norwich, eventually ending up near Holland if it didn't crash

Hi there BW. Holland is to the East of Luton...as is Cambridge etc. Cant quite picture which way this object was travelling. What direction were you travelling in? Towards London, Southish,?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Hi there BW. Holland is to the East of Luton...as is Cambridge etc. Cant quite picture which way this object was travelling. What direction were you travelling in? Towards London, Southish,?

Cambridge is to the north east of Luton, but you are right it would have brushed the coast of Holland and went over Denmark, not Holland had it carried on going in the direction it was or not or crashed,

The reason i say that is the object was quite high up, all tho i can't be sure how high, if i was to take a guess i would put it within the atmosphere, because it never faded out like you would expect a shooting star to do with all the pollution on the horizon etc, as i said this was visible right from above our heads all the way down to the ground

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How fast was it in comparison to a Leonid meteor?

I'm assuming you have observed a few showers, since you seem to be so confident that it was not a meteor...

I guess you also know about intergalactic meteors/particles which can be much faster than meteors that have orbits in our solar system.

It's not uncommon to perceive a fast paced meteor as being close to cylindrical in shape, but as you found out, everyone perceives things slightly differently. It's also not uncommon for people to misjudge the distance of objects like meteors.

Of the 100's of reports of meteor sightings that I have read over the years, virtually all of them where there have been multiple accounts recorded, have conflicting reports for the altitude and distance.

The reason you would not have heard anything is because it would have a lot further away and higher up than it looked. It may well have been traveling away from the ground, whilst still appearing to be heading to the ground.

Meteors that graze the upper atmosphere (or "earth grazers" as they are known) can have this effect on observers. Grazers have been some of the most stunning meteors that I have observed, and they always seem more surreal to me than "normal" meteors.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but if you think about it, the most dangerous meteor is the one which doesn't seem to move at all... it just gets brighter and brighter and brighter...

Meteors are extremely deceptive things!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

CHUD....more than a decade ago...an area of the U.S....New England....experienced one of the best in quantity and meteor per minute LEONID SHOWER. I watched outside at a reasonable nite time hour for a change and we were seeing...at some points....up to 6 to 10 a MINUTE!

It was amazing!

It was a very clear sky with little wind and we live in Western Mass so it was in the country away from city light interference. But something happened I did not expect.....most meteors burn up in the atmospheres they may be no larger than grains of sand all the way up to bolder size.....but the big ones are rare......as we watched 2 at the same time come a but 10 degrees toward North f you are facing north and they were traveling almost East to West.....as these two burned out....one was larger and we ACTUALLY HEARD A POP! Like a bottle rocket pop in volume!

It took a bit of time for the sound to reach us....as the sound had to travel the distance to the ground from Earths upper atmosphere.....but as we continued to watch and listen.....we started to hear more pops! Not as loud as the very first one I heard...but definitly reentry EXPLOSIONS! COOOOOOOL! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well SplitInfinity, there's a fair chance were observing the same shower then, albeit from different parts of the world.

1998-2002 were very good years for Leonids. I was lucky enough to catch one outburst and a full blown storm during those years. Both were very different, but spectacular. In 2001 there were times when we were seeing 4 or 5 meteors per second during the peak of the storm. I was fortunate to have have clear skies all night at a very dark-sky site in a prime location for high rates that year.

Regarding the sounds, they are quite well documented - electrophonic sounds are rare, but explain how it's possible to hear sounds from meteors that are much too high in the atmosphere for sound waves to propagate.

Strangely, even relatively dim meteors have been known to produce electrophonic sounds.

We know from photographic studies that Leonids are made of way too fragile material to survive atmospheric entry. At 72 km/s even much stronger material would disintegrate at the speeds the Leonids are traveling relative to the earth.
edit on 9-12-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: formating/typo + added a bit more info

top topics

join