It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Tells Monsanto to Get Lost

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Monspanto is the worst danger to humanity, between them and the big pharma they have it all worked out to make sure that we humans eat their crap, no choices, get sick and then rely on pharma for our illnesses, what a way to have a steady uninterrupted income.

Profiting from humanity is the biggest business this days around.

I agree their poisonous crops should be burn.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Thanks for posting this.
The more countries I read about stopping them, the more hope I have that our own country may wake up and stand up.

Americans would wake up if they had the information. But as of now, labeling of produce or products that contain GMOs is prohibited. Yes. Against the law.

Monsanto feels, rightly, that labeling this crap would be like putting a skull and crossbones on it. Their quote.

So, we are forced by our crooked lawmakers in bed with agrobusiness to be kept in the dark and eat their poison.

Isn't that special?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Allowing GM into Provence is a sin against ethereal incandescence. Even though there are GM-Free Zones, the wind blows and the birds and bees fly. Your thread:
. How much good it can do? GM needs to be eradicated like a pestilence.

www.ajda-vrzdenec.si...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Thanks for sharing that link
I have never seen that information before.

I never knew it was divided up into zones like that.

As you said, it gets in the wind and the birds and bees spread it too. It's everywhere.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Star and Flag, good post !!! ppl need to know what is being done to them.

The Neo-Malthusians have GMO as one of their tools to "cull the herd".

GMO is one of the tools of Codex Alimentarius.

It has been linked to sterility, cancer, and organ failure.

I highly recommend ppl watch the following documentaries.

The World according to Monsanto
Food Inc.
The Corporation
One man, one cow, one plant - How to save the world

The details the depths of depravity pushed on the world.

The evil of Monsanto outside the US is worse than within.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

While doing a quick search on this topic I found this,

French court annuls ban on Monsanto GM crops

AFP - France's top administrative court on Monday overturned a government order banning French farmers from planting genetically modified crops from the US agriculture giant Monsanto.

France's agriculture ministry imposed a ban in February 2008 amid concerns over public safety, but its decision had already been called into question by the European Court and has now been annulled by the State Council.

The State Council's ruling stated that the government has failed to prove that Monsanto crops "present a particularly elevated level of risk to either human health or the environment."

In September, the European Court of Justice ordered France to review its ban. Since then, the Council ruled, the French government has failed to present new evidence of the supposed dangers posed by the plants.

I am all for on a ban on all GMO food but looks like France hasn't won this fight yet, right?
edit on 5-12-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

It is not my intention to derail this thread, but I must take exception to further sullying the name of Thomas Malthus. I understand that it is shorthand, and a pejorative meant to describe those who support forced population control through horrific means. To all those who look down upon Malthus, please see:

The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics: Thomas Robert Malthus (1766-1834)

Noting that while food production tends to increase arithmetically, population tends to increase naturally at a (faster) geometric rate, Malthus argued that it is no surprise that people thus choose to reduce (or “check”) population growth. People can increase food production, Malthus thought, only by slow, difficult methods such as reclaiming unused land or intensive farming; but they can check population growth more effectively by marrying late, using contraceptives, emigrating, or, in more extreme circumstances, resorting to reduced health care, tolerating vicious social diseases or impoverished living conditions, warfare, or even infanticide. Malthus was fascinated not with the inevitability of human demise, but with why humans do not die off in the face of such overwhelming odds. As an economist, he studied responses to incentives.

Malthus is arguably the most misunderstood and misrepresented economist of all time. The adjective “Malthusian” is used today to describe a pessimistic prediction of the lock-step demise of a humanity doomed to starvation via overpopulation. When his hypothesis was first stated in his best-selling An Essay on the Principle of Population (1798), the uproar it caused among noneconomists overshadowed the instant respect it inspired among his fellow economists. So irrefutable and simple was his illustrative side-by-side comparison of an arithmetic and a geometric series—food increases more slowly than population—that it was often taken out of context and highlighted as his main observation....

Apologies to the OP.

edit on 12/5/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes, the OP link has various links. Including a story explaining exactly what you posted. Not to sound rude, but you obviously didn't read it.

Here, read this post from page one that you must have missed as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is definitely a victory. Perhaps a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
this gives "Freedom Fries" a whole new meaning.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Swills

Yes, the OP link has various links. Including a story explaining exactly what you posted. Not to sound rude, but you obviously didn't read it.

Here, read this post from page one that you must have missed as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is definitely a victory. Perhaps a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Oh no I read it, and the links inside, I just wanted to post another article I found, and ask a question. I'm very interested in this whole Monsanto/GMO food vs the World (minus the USA of course). Last I heard it was Hungary who booted Monsanto and burned any field that was planted with their seed. Now France is looking to ban GMO foods, but they need to provide proof that these GMO foods are a harm to people, animal, and the environment. This is a small victory, in the short run, but what does the long run look like? Monsanto prolly has a crack team of lawyers and the "right people" in their pockets to see their way in. It's definitely possible, unless the evidence proves GMO foods to be harmful. Fingers crossed
edit on 5-12-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Legal or illegal who gives a crap. If the people do not want something then leave it at that.

That's one of the most logical statements I've ever read here.

One thing though, what percentage of people agree and is it a majority? Seems relevant to me?

I'm neutral on this as it seems to me all sides are lying and exaggerating. Your sentiment though is spot on.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You guys can voice your opinions too, DON'T BUY GMO...DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT ISN'T NATURAL.

Boycott these mofos, that is what my household does, convincing others isn't easy since people take their own time to realize these things.

One by one, the rejection from all of us add up. We'll see progress if Monsanto's profits aren't climbing every year.

Don't forget to join Millions Against Monsanto!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this OP S&F.

I despise Monsanto. They are the poster child for evil, greedy Corporations. It's one thing to run a nasty, corrupt business. But to try and ruin all other competition and contaminate so many natural things on this planet to the point of extinction is just sickening.

I sure hope they lose a huge law suit, get shut down and put out of business someday (hopefully someday soon). I don't wish harm on anyone but if I had to choose between going to war against Monsanto's top executives or Osama Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein ..... I'd go to war against Monsanto.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I am referring to the ppl that paid to put up the Georgia Guidestones saying 6.5 billion of us
need to die for their Utopian vision of Brave New World with all births being applied for thru the state.

I am referring to the "Limits of Growth" doctrine out of the Club of Rome.

I am referring to Holdren wanting to put chemicals in the water supply to sterilize the population,
some might say that is already there.

I am referring to Professor Pianka calling for a bio engineered virus to kill off 90% of the planet
like Prince Philip has dreamed of being reincarnated to kill billions.

Those are the Neo-malthusians I speak of that seek to control and limit population.

Just like their are radical muslims, there are radicals of scientific belief who would lie about
data to further their cause, etc etc...

We now know how to grow 1 million pounds of food on 3 acres over 365 days heated only
by the compost it makes, and the land doesn't need to be arable land.

A land mass the size of West Virginia that is not even arable could feed the entire world,
and yes of course you want the food production local to the ppl.

Shipping food all over the planet with fossil fuels is idiocy.

That is something that was not known by Malthus, yet the tribes of Latin America used the
combination of hydroponics and aquaculture long long ago via floating mats and Tilapia.

What was lost has been found again, and it none need starve, food is being used as a tool
of control just like it was under Codex as it was written in Austria many years ago.

The new Codex brings back half a dozen of the persistent poisons that were banned by most
UN nations, and damn the consequences.

Malthus was good at math, but he did not see what was possible, and who really can ???

What one man can know all the vectors of science, and what is yet to come ???

We do need to live sustainably thou, what we are doing now is totally wrong, and
it is harming the planet immensely such as the giant dead zones due to chemical
warfare on the soil and flora and fauna.

We have a bad management problem, not a population problem.

We don't need to use coal, we don't need to use natural gas, we don't need wars for oil,
we can grow oil via algae in vertical hydroponics in the desert.

The whole system is a web of lies end to end and top to bottom.

The information is out there, and I have been posting on this board and others for years.

At times it is like talking to stubborn mules. ( not referring to you CT2 )

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Unfortunately, telling Monsanto to "Get Lost" will not make it so, as they are like a cancer that moves around the body until it can find a foothold or to another body until it can once again attack the healthy. Their GMO is everywhere and on the wind and continues to spread in the most stealth of ways. Nothing short of destroying the sources would do the most good but their GMO is already in the world's food chain..I really don't see any way to reverse what they have done..only nature will ultimately be the one to defend itself against the enemy of its body, of which Monsanto is just one of a cabal of crazies.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If a Country bans Monsanto seed and then finds that Monsanto seeds have contaminated their crops then that Country might have legal grounds for a lawsuit against them. Instead of the other way around.

Usually it's Monsanto suing some small farmer for not buying their seeds and they illegally trespass on those farmers fields to test the crop for GMO.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A global edict using the template of Corporate personhood should be used to shut this down globally!

Way to go Paris!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Its in case of descision like this that Monsanto brought their own private army...lol

jk

good for France..!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustSlowlyBackAway

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Thanks for posting this.
The more countries I read about stopping them, the more hope I have that our own country may wake up and stand up.

Americans would wake up if they had the information. But as of now, labeling of produce or products that contain GMOs is prohibited. Yes. Against the law.

Monsanto feels, rightly, that labeling this crap would be like putting a skull and crossbones on it. Their quote.

So, we are forced by our crooked lawmakers in bed with agrobusiness to be kept in the dark and eat their poison.

Isn't that special?

It's illegal to make a company reveal it is using GMO on food packaging....

However, I do believe there's a loophole that states it isn't illegal to lable produce as having "no" GMO...

One way to beat them I suppose..lol

<< 1    3 >>

join