It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madonna To Play Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They always seem to do the worst music picks for the halftime show. You want to tell me they can't do better then Madonna?
All the talent out there and you have to pick Madonna?

I will be far more interested in watching the Cirque De Soleil performance which I would think would be just as good without Madonna.

Who would you rather see for a Superbowl Halftime Performance?

MTV

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I agree OP.

She hasn't been popular since 1989...

From Hank to Madonna?

WTFudge

Lots of better choices..

Team Umizoomi?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Madonna would be an awesome choice for the half time show.

IF this were 1986...

Now, she's WAY to old to be performing some of her old songs and I would worry that, if she tried some of her old dance moves, she might throw her hip out or something. She's old enough to be someone's grandma for Christ's sake!

I think this has to do with nostalgia and probably the fact that people who remember her in her prime are now the only ones who can afford to buy Superbowl tickets.

People who like the newer artists are younger and just starting out in life. They don't hold too much financial power and the folks at the Superbowl don't give a damn about anyone who can't afford to buy a ticket to the big show.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
They should have picked Cuckoo Gaga...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Who would you folks pick to do it?

Other then Team Umizoomi

I vote Christ Brown and Rhianna.
edit on 5-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is something interesting, up until recent years, it was local bands that did it. I would love to see which high school band could win the privelage, but then that doesn't sell superbowl commercials.

wiki list of halftime performers

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Who cares?????????
Obligatory second line

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Lots of people who were born before 1990 will be watching the Super Bowl. Madonna is one of the most iconic performers of the last quarter century. If I was running things, the last thing I would do is pick some young, "hip" corporate pop star that the majority of your audience won't recognize (and who don't have a tiny fraction of her performance talent). I'd personally prefer they put out a real country star (in other words, not Taylor Swift or some fake pop star country singer) but I understand that the SuperBowl halftime show is about marketing. They made a pretty intelligent choice this year in terms of picking someone with multi-generational recognition. Whoever picked the Black Eyed Peas last year should be fired. Willing to bet the majority of viewers who can actually afford to buy things switched the channel until the game came back on.

Don't 20 somethings and teens prefer communist sports like soccer now anyway?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
At least it will be cold out, which means--thank goodness--that she will probably be covered up. The woman has not aged gracefully, and her wardrobe does not reflect the fact.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

If you didn't care, the thread title is clear, why come in?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unworldly

Not a huge fan, but her performing isn't the issue. The issue I have is the fact that although she is an older woman now and a mother, yet still tries to act like she's some kind of sexual vixen. Her recent pics for Dolce Gabana were ridiculous. I don't personally want to watch her slinking around in next to nothing....if she covers up and doesn't put on a sex show....maybe.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think she looks fantastic for her age.

But I know what you mean, its not that she can't pull the look off, she shouldn't.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

yeah, I mean there just comes a time, like it or not, when you should draw the line. It doesn't mean you can't be sexy, but acting sleazy (like her old act) at her age, with your kids watching isn't appealing. Sometimes less is more if you know what I mean. She needs to tone down the old "bad girl" image.....it's like watching your Mom do a strip tease

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

LOL

ACK bad visual.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

I think they tried to bridge gaps by having Aerosmith play with Britney Spears a few years ago.

Now I know that Aerosmith has made history by doing duets with unlikely artists, going back to the famous Run DMC gig.

But most Aerosmith fans were appalled that it was Britney Spears.

It may not seem like but Eminem spans several decades. He is one of the highest grossing musicians.

Wonder why they don't book him?

Speaking of country, if Garth Brooks ever decided to come out of retirement and did a half time show as a come back, that would be the biggest show ever.
edit on 5-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

To put in my two cents. This is the problem with america today. People are more concerned about who is performing at the superbowl than homeless people out on the street with no job. Doesn't surprise me though. There's my two cents.........

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I did a thread about this today that may interest you. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm quite anxious to see what the High Priestess has in store for us!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

And football is a religion for many American cities because it gave a distraction during hard times.

I come from Pittsburgh where football on the weekends distracted all the destitute and poor from the crash that happened after the mills closed.

If people thought of nothing but about problems, they would go insane.

My job is nothig but to prepare for the worse. I like distractions.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This could go either way.

If she comes out to perform recognizing that she is in her 50s and dresses appropriately then it could be a great show. She certainly has plenty of material that will be recognizable to fans of all ages.

But it she comes out dressing like she thinks she's still in her 20s I don't think it's going to go over well and people will not react positively.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

This is the problem with america today. People are more concerned about who is performing at the superbowl than homeless people out on the street with no job

Well.....I think I spent less than 2 minutes thinking about it. I think everyone here cares about serious matters. But that doesn't mean we do it 24/7....if people didn't distract themselves from troubles, we would go insane or develop severe depression. Laughter and frivolity have a purpose too.
edit on 12/6/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join