It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depression from a sick environment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Until the last few years, I was very much an optimist. Lately it seems more like im in depression. My mind is incessantly bombarded with extrapolations of current world affairs. I have narrowed it down to being in a sick environment. This society, and its lack to care about anything that isn't entertaining, is the sick environment.

I lack the ability to think on a superficial scale.

I dislike when people make grand generalizations.

I abhor ad hominem attacks on people, without ever addressing the words and ideas they speak about.

Im tired of sending emails with attachments to official bills trying to pass in Senate, and an anecdote on its implications; only to be ignored.

I obviously, dont expect everyone to care about the depth of our situation; however, the severity of the consequences of our ignorance (as a whole) carry enough weight to bring about our subversion.

Our masses are solidly thinking about Kris Humphrey's and Kim Kardashians marriage and whether or not it was a shame or not; meanwhile a partial congressional audit of the Federal Reserve indicates to us that we have been, without a doubt, robbed by non-elected bankers. This info was released months ago, yet the news didnt cover it enough.

I feel like the negative nancy, and yet underneath the negative I am an optimist. You see, My concerns stem from the desire for a world far different than today. What may seem negative on a superficial level, instead is the optimist in me trying to change the direction the world is headed.

I do not enjoy people being so ignorant about the real issues.

I do not enjoy having to point out that they are ignorant about certain things.

I do not enjoy the fact that to call someone ignorant is an insult. I know that I am ignorant as well. Everyone is ignorant about something. Now mind you, I dont run around telling people they are ignorant; but rather sometimes in the midst of long debates I work a way in to inform them that their idea is perfectly logical, until the facts become known.

It really is a emotional Toll, dealing with people. I am a introvert, and true to the description. Add to the equation the fact that all day long, I hear people making statements that are desultory and and factually erroneous.

I have essentially resorted to halting communications about important topics with people. Nobody wants to wake up. My girlfriend understands a little, and I talk to her about it on a controlled scale; others however simply get mad or ignore my words even in the face of irrefutable proof. I do not use the word irrefutable lightly, I am very careful with what I source and yet people still do not care to listen.

I come to ATS almost on a daily basis, simply to see others that have not turned off their desire to think critically of the people in charge of this great place we call Home. It is encouraging to see others who think about the important things, as opposed to the people on facebook talking about nothing. Even introducing information on facebook, yields no results.

I really just needed to say all that. I understand that people have not lost the ability to think critically. They just have the desire to think critically on ideas that do not matter or on people that they idolize.
edit on 5-12-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You're not alone, man. Recently I have been feeling identically.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Why don't you get a new girlfriend...If you can't talk to her about issues that important to you then what good is she?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by derst1988

Why don't you get a new girlfriend...If you can't talk to her about issues that important to you then what good is she?

You misunderstand. My girlfriend and I talk about these things, but on a controlled scale. What I mean about controlled is more about how often it occurs rather than what we talk about. I have shared many things with her. She just isnt the kind of person that wants to think about it every day. Just as much as I do not wish to hear about the issues running rampant within her work environment every day.
edit on 5-12-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It is essential that we try find some semblance of balance in our lives. I say 'try' because it is easy to get overwhelmed by all the things around us. Sometimes, as difficult as it is, we need to take a step back from all the doom and gloom. Spend some time in nature or with loved ones, listen to some good music, watch an inspiring movie and hold on to all that is good.

We live in difficult times and though it may seem that we are getting nowhere by ourselves, in numbers we can make a difference. More people are awake now than ever before. Just hang in there. You are not alone!!

new topics

top topics

join